What's new

Captain Marvel (2019)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Title: Captain Marvel

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck

Cast: Brie Larson, Jude Law, Ben Mendelsohn, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou, Gemma Chan, Clark Gregg, Mckenna Grace, Kenneth Mitchell, Colin Ford, Algenis Perez Soto, Lashana Lynch, Rune Temte, Robert Kazinsky, Raul Torres, Annette Bening, Ana Ayora

Release: 2019-03-06

Plot: The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

CaptainMarvel-0001.jpg

Brie Larson Takes Flight as Carol Danvers

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Hope we get news on writer/director soon.

It's possible they may not have that locked down yet, though if not they probably will soon.

I'm curious if they will use the character in Phase 3 before she becomes Captain Marvel? Maybe she'd be pre-CM in the first Infinity War movie and become Captain Marvel in the solo film between Infinity War movies?

Not sure if any of the upcoming movies would seem to be a fit for Carol Danvers. Strange, Guardians, Spidey, Thor and Black Panther are the films before Infinity War Part One. On the surface I wouldn't be expecting her to appear in those, but who knows? Maybe Black Panther.

Or maybe she'll be up and running in IW 1 (like Spidey in Civil War) and the solo will shed light on her origin?

image.jpg

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
It's possible they may not have that locked down yet, though if not they probably will soon.

I'm curious if they will use the character in Phase 3 before she becomes Captain Marvel? Maybe she'd be pre-CM in the first Infinity War movie and become Captain Marvel in the solo film between Infinity War movies?

Not sure if any of the upcoming movies would seem to be a fit for Carol Danvers. Strange, Guardians, Spidey, Thor and Black Panther are the films before Infinity War Part One. On the surface I wouldn't be expecting her to appear in those, but who knows? Maybe Black Panther.

Or maybe she'll be up and running in IW 1 (like Spidey in Civil War) and the solo will shed light on her origin?

The Captain Marvel film and Ant Man and the Wasp are in a strange position being between IW films. Although they have said they are not really 2 parts, but 2 films with new titles coming so maybe that will make things a little clearer. Like you I would have initially thought that maybe they would have introduced her as Carol Danvers in IW1 and then become Captain Marvel in her own movie. I did like the no fuss way that they introduced Black Panther and Spidey in Civil War. It might be tougher to do with a US based super hero of her power level though. There were rumours that she nearly appeared in the new avengers line up at the end of Age of Ultron though so who knows.

I really hope this and Wonder Woman are really good and really successful so we can put to bed the theory that female led superhero films can't be a hit.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
The screenplay was written by Nicole Perlman ("Guardians of the Galaxy") & Meg LeFauve ("Inside Out"). I'd imagine that they're looking for a female director for their first solo female standalone feature.

Now you mention it I do remember hearing they were writing a script. It makes sense for them to go for a female director too. They have certainly made some interesting director choices so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a lesser known name that doesn't necessarily tell me that much what to expect. I still like to know these things though.

CoJeO98VYAAtDYf.jpg

I like the new logo.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's been a looooong time since I've read comic books. But Captain Marvel has undergone a .... sex change? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Podcast of interview with Nicole Perlman:

http://daps.tv/time-vin-forte-episode-27-rocket-launches-writing-retreats-guest-nicole-perlman/

Obviously not too much detail on Captain Marvel, but covers how she got into writing and her interest in science.

28 min starts talking about joining the marvel writers program.

They went through various characters as possible members for the guardians team.

Talks about re-doing the backstory for Quill and Drax.

Writing the Gamora comic. How different it is compared to screenwriting.

44 min starts talking about Captain Marvel and writing with Meg LeFauve.

How they need to change backstory as too similar to Green Lantern, while keeping in mind what they have done with other MCU characters so that she feels unique and fun.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Nothing against the writers, but man if ever there was a dream project for Joss Whedon this would have been it. Captain Marvel is his favorite Marvel super hero, and given that the superhero is a female(he writes his female leads really, really well).... I think he would have been a perfect fit for this movie. I feel it is a colossal missed opportunity--right person for the right job. I'm still looking forward to it anyway.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Holy crap! Now I don't really mean it, but it's things like this that makes me think the 50's were a simpler time. That and being a very young shit. :lol:
This might be a good moment for DC to try making a Shazam! movie and see how it fares. :D

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This might be a good moment for DC to try making a Shazam! movie and see how it fares. :D

Last I checked, DC's Shazam movie, starring Dwayne Johnson, is due April 5, 2019 -- less than one month after Marvel's Captain Marvel (due March 8, 2019).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh, I forgot about that news.

The DC vs. Marvel thing is going to be even better now!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Right. Johnson is playing Black Atom.

Corrected: Black Adam

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks