What's new

The Marvels (2023) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
there must be some expectation that this one should do well, and not just okay.
I haven't really seen any projections being extremely confident in this one. But you never know for sure how a movie is going to do until it is out and doing whatever it does. I don't think anybody thought The Marvels would struggle to get to $100 million domestically. And certainly no one expected Barbie and Oppenheimer to be as huge as they ended up being. If audiences like Aquaman, it could certainly surprise.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched it on Disney+. I'll have to read some of the earlier comments. It was lots of fun. The scene before the credits and mid-credits were nice touches and I am intrigued to see where both of those are going.

I thought the single line "the planets are fine" (or whatever was actually said) was not enough. All the flerken seems like a giant loose end, which am not confident will be handled in the future, but you never know.

I watched the IMAX enhanced version. From what I noticed it seemed to be in IMAX aspect for the first ~40 minutes, then ~0:52-~1:07 and finally from ~1:25-~1:30. Until it switched at ~40 minutes I thought it was going to be all in that ratio liked Quantumania seemed to be.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
We watched this tonight.
Afterwards I asked my wife what she thought about the movie.
She said “movie?”
I said yeah the Marvels.
She thought we watched a tv show. Another episodes of Ms Marvel.
Had no idea there was a movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The final scenes before and during the credits are some of the only things that I heard fans get excited about in this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they still follow up on those parts of it because they tie in with other franchises. I would agree that a direct sequel to this film featuring this team of characters is not in the cards though.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
By the way, the Assembled behind the scenes 60-minute piece is also available on Disney+.

marjen

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I finally had a chance to watch this one last night. I think it was a blast. I really don’t understand all the hate for this movie. When a movie is declared a bomb before it even comes out there is more to the story and it has nothing to do with the actual movie. Kind of like the new Star Wars show coming out. We have seen a 90 second trailer and it’s already the worst thing ever and Star Wars sucks. Whatever, I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. It had some good humor, I truly enjoy Brie as captain marvel, it wasn’t overly long, wasn’t too heavy and overall I found it entertaining 🤷‍♂️

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I finally had a chance to watch this one last night. I think it was a blast. I really don’t understand all the hate for this movie. When a movie is declared a bomb before it even comes out there is more to the story and it has nothing to do with the actual movie. Kind of like the new Star Wars show coming out. We have seen a 90 second trailer and it’s already the worst thing ever and Star Wars sucks. Whatever, I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. It had some good humor, I truly enjoy Brie as captain marvel, it wasn’t overly long, wasn’t too heavy and overall I found it entertaining 🤷‍♂️
I liked it a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks