What's new

General Discussion Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 5 General Discussion (Spoilers discussed for All Films -- Please Read First Post) (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Rumor Roundup time, this could all be false, or it might be true

Here we go...
1. Eternals sequel being shelved for the time being.

2. Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock, Richtman has heard that Feige is open to having the Lethal Protector in the MCU proper for a potential face-off with Tom Holland's Spider-Man.

3. Blade reboot is currently being retooled by writer Michael Green (Logan), and will no longer be a period piece.

4. Ryan Gosling has officially accepted a role in the MCU.

5. Fantastis Four's script has been compared to Little Women by Grace Randolph.

6. Henry Cavill has joined the MCU in an undisclosed role, Cavill might play a Multiverse Variant of Logan in Deadpool and Wolverine.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another one that I saw:

Shang-Chi 2 will see him square off against Iron Fist.

Grain of salt, obviously.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't read comics. But from what I have read about these characters it seems like that would go against that character's nature, as...

...isn't Iron Fist a superhero, not villain, and an ally/associate of Shang-Chi? Not sure why' they'd be facing off?

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I don't read comics. But from what I have read about these characters it seems like that would go against that character's nature, as...

...isn't Iron Fist a superhero, not villain, and an ally/associate of Shang-Chi? Not sure why' they'd be facing off?
Comic books pull this trick all the time. The cover will have two superheroes slugging it out - leaving you wondering "How could this be??" Then inside you find they only battle each other for a couple panels due to some contrived misunderstanding, and the rest of the issue they team up to fight a common foe.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Exactly. It literally happens EVERY time heroes meet. It's the "serial killer isn't REALLY dead" moment from horror movies. You are surprised when it DOESN'T happen.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

Batman vs Superman
Iron Man vs Captain America

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The closest theater currently selling advance tickets for Spider-Man is 424 miles away. :laugh: It looks like I'll stick with my Blu-rays.

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
The closest theater currently selling advance tickets for Spider-Man is 424 miles away. :laugh: It looks like I'll stick with my Blu-rays.
*Chuck Mayer post #185 above....so true, when hero's meet.
*Jake, every time I see your avatar around this site, I think of the cover of Pat Benatar's mostly unknown (but original) song "Somebody's Baby," she tried to release as a single in 1993.
1710799593319.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't see a connection there. My avatar is the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin.

For anyone interested, it is worth noting that Wheel of Fortuna is having a "Marvel Superheroes" themed week this week with themed puzzles, set design and related prizes for the contestants.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Forbes is reporting there will be no Eternals 2, Captain Marvel 3 or Ant-Man 4.

If Young Avengers is successful, I could see another Marvels movie or Ant-Man movie.

The third Ant-Man would have been successful if Marvel had devoted the time and resources to getting it right. The opening weekend proves that the audience interest was there. The bad word of mouth killed it.

I think the lack of promotion due to the SAG-ACTRA strike really hurt The Marvels, along with a few underperforming titles before it. The reception on Disney+ has been quite good.

But at this point, when the MCU is already in trouble, it makes no sense to double down on subfranchises that have just underperformed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks