What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (25 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming June 11th on 4KUHD!

SDR UHD Master by StudioCanal – From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative!

Narrow Margin (1990)

DISC 1 (4KUHD):
• Audio Commentary by Cinematographer/Screenwriter/Director Peter Hyams
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Critic Peter Tonguette
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Audio
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles
DISC 2 (BLU-RAY):
• Audio Commentary by Cinematographer/Screenwriter/Director Peter Hyams
• Making-of Featurette
• Selected Sound Bites & B-Rolls
• Theatrical Trailer
• 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Audio
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
Color 97 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
From Peter Hyams, the acclaimed director of Busting, Capricorn One, Outland, Running Scared and Sudden Death, comes this suspenseful remake of the 1952 classic Richard Fleischer film noir. Screen legend Gene Hackman (The Package, Mississippi Burning) stars as an L.A. District Attorney attempting to take an unwilling murder witness (Anne Archer, Good Guys Wear Black) back to the United States to testify against a top-level mob boss. Frantically attempting to escape two deadly hitmen sent to silence her, they board a Vancouver-bound train only to find the killers are onboard with them. For the next 20 hours, as the train hurls through the beautiful but isolated Canadian wilderness, a deadly game of cat and mouse ensues in which their ability to tell a friend from foe is a matter of life and death. James B. Sikking (The Pelican Brief), J.T. Walsh (Needful Things), M. Emmet Walsh (Fletch), Susan Hogan (Phobia) and Harris Yulin (The Midnight Man) co-star in this action-packed thriller with top notch widescreen cinematography by writer/director Hyams.

View attachment 219013
Directed by Peter Hyams, who I've read got the nickname "King of the 2-1/2 Star Movie." I guess I'm pretty middlebrow because I've enjoyed his films such as 2010, Outland, The Star Chamber, The Presidio and this one. Heck, I even liked End of Days. Hyams is also the rare director who was his own cinematographer and sometime screenwriter.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Narrow Margin (1990)

Hey, wait a minute, I know him. Like, we were quite friendly back in the day when he was just a kid trawling USENET with a voracious appetite for classic movies. Now he's a hotshot historian getting books published and doing audio commentaries.

God, what have I done with my life? :laugh:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 11th!
https://kinolorber.com/product/macbeth-special-edition

Macbeth (1948)
• 2022 HD Masters by Paramount Pictures – From 4K Scans
• Includes Both the 1948 119-Minutes Roadshow Edition and the 1950 Pared-Down 85-Minute Re-Release
• NEW Audio Commentary by Novelist and Critic Tim Lucas
• Audio Commentary by Critic and Film Historian Joseph McBride
Welles and Shakespeare: 2016 Interview with Michael Anderegg (11:56)
That Was Orson Welles: 2016 Interview with Legendary Filmmaker Peter Bogdanovich (9:49)
Restoring Macbeth: 2016 Interview with Robert Gitt (8:22)
Free Republic: Herbert J. Yates and the Story of Republic Pictures: 2016 interview with archivist Marc Wanamaker (6:32)
• Limited Edition Reversible Art and O-Card Slipcase

Something wicked this way comes in Orson Welles’s cinematic retelling of William Shakespeare’s immortal classic. The larger-than-life Welles (Citizen Kane, The Lady from Shanghai, Othello, Touch of Evil) adapts, produces, directs and stars as the titular Scottish lord who is tragically undone by his own vaulting ambition. Welles’s noir-tinged interpretation bubbles over with supernatural prophecy and murderous intrigue, effectively mixing the use of shadow and oblique camera angles (courtesy of cinematographer John L. Russell, Psycho) to achieve an ominous sense of a land in peril. Co-starring Dan O’Herlihy (Robinson Crusoe), Roddy McDowall (Planet of the Apes), Alan Napier (TV’s Batman) and Jeanette Nolan (The Big Heat) in her stunning film debut as Lady Macbeth, this iconic Mercury Production of The Scottish Play is an altogether stark and singular vision. This 2-disc Special Edition includes both the original 1948 119-minute cut, replete with overture/exit music and affected Highland burrs, and the 1950 pared-down 85-minute re-release which excised most of the accented dialogue.

Macbeth.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Master!

Repossessed (1990) Starring Leslie Nielsen, Linda Blair, Ned Beatty, Anthony Starke & Willie Garson – Shot by Michael D. Margulies (Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Police Academy) – Music by Charles Fox (Foul Play, 9 to 5) – Produced by Mario Kassar (First Blood, Total Recall) – Written and Directed by Bob Logan (How to Get… Revenge, Meatballs 4).

438030082_840737431430290_7979416040737728106_n.jpg

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Master!

Repossessed (1990) Starring Leslie Nielsen, Linda Blair, Ned Beatty, Anthony Starke & Willie Garson – Shot by Michael D. Margulies (Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Police Academy) – Music by Charles Fox (Foul Play, 9 to 5) – Produced by Mario Kassar (First Blood, Total Recall) – Written and Directed by Bob Logan (How to Get… Revenge, Meatballs 4).

View attachment 219503
This looks as if it could be terrible, but just got my hometown boy Leslie Nielsen, and I LOVE him. So I’ll check this out. Never heard of it, but I’ll have a look.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This looks as if it could be terrible, but just got my hometown boy Leslie Nielsen, and I LOVE him. So I’ll check this out. Never heard of it, but I’ll have a look.
Oh, it is terrible, but if an Exorcist spoof with Linda Blair back as the possession victim, and Jesse The Body Ventura and Mean Gene Okerlund doing commentary over the final exorcism is your thing, its a fun ride. I love it. Can't wait to finally get a copy in OAR.

Glad Kino wound up with it after all this time.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Dumb film ,but as mentioned on previous post, with Leslie Nielsen and Linda Blair in it, i am probably going to get it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

Brand New HDR Dolby Vision Master!

Snake Eyes (1998)
Starring Nicholas Cage, Gary Sinise, John Heard, Carla Gugino, Stan Shaw, Kevin Dunn, Michael Rispoli, Luis Guzmán, Mike Starr & Tamara Tunie – Shot by Stephen H. Burum (The Untouchables) – Music by Ryuichi Sakamoto (The Last Emperor) – Screenplay by David Koepp (Jurassic Park) – Directed by Brian De Palma (Dressed to Kill, Blow Out).

1713106997267.png

jbp110

Grip
Real Name
James
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Master!

View attachment 219503
Repossessed - clever title. Laughed out loud when I read the plot line & realized we weren't talking about a civil matter! Haven't seen this & don't know how I missed it, but I'll be getting it! Terrible? I'm sure it is, but with that story line & cast, I'll bite. In my day, that's the kind of story my friends & I would read in MAD Magazine & laugh our heads off as we read the bubbles to each other!:laugh:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
https://kinolorber.com/collection/while-supplies-last-sale

Low stock items - soon to be gone forever!

100 Rifles
Boomerang
The Captain's Paradise | Barnacle Bill - Double Feature
Chosen Survivors
Compulsion
Daddy Long Legs
Death in the Garden
The Laughing Policeman
The Man Who Haunted Himself
Outcast of the Islands

What a Way to Go!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Several Kino titles have been moved from their original release dates:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks