What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (5 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 16th!
More Detail Later!

Columbo: The Return (1989-2003)

738329266202.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA XX

• Captain Carey USA (1950) Alan Ladd, Wanda Hendrix & Joseph Calleia – A Film Mitchell Leisen
• Appointment with Danger (1951) Alan Ladd, Phyllis Calvert & Jack Webb – A Film Lewis Allen
• Make Haste to Live (1954) Dorothy McGuire & Stephen McNally – A Film William A. Seiter

1714230077164.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I already have two of the three titles on Blu-ray. So, I might have to double-dip during one of Kino's sales. Olive previously released Appointment with Danger and Captain Carey U.S.A. on Blu-ray back in 2012. Also, Imprint released Appointment with Danger last year on Blu-ray. I watched Make Haste to Live last November on HD digital. I don't think it ever had a physical media release. A pretty good movie.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I already have two of the three titles on Blu-ray. So, I might have to double-dip during one of Kino's sales. Olive previously released Appointment with Danger and Captain Carey U.S.A. on Blu-ray back in 2012. Also, Imprint released Appointment with Danger last year on Blu-ray. I watched Make Haste to Live last November on HD digital. I don't think it ever had a physical media release. A pretty good movie.
Same with me. I already have those 2 titles you mentioned.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Seems that a lot of us have that same conundrum, with so many of the boutique labels addressing Film Noir, luckily, I arrive late enough to the Noir game, that I am missing a lot of the original "Olive Releases". So it sort of works out as a win win for me at least, as those were bare bones releases. Even if the newer releases only include a commentary, the individuals that are doing them ( all well respected and informative) along with the films together will eventually direct me to pick these up. Still got 16 titles from Olive in the wish list that i am hoping find their way into one of the Film Noir Sets.

this "Style" of film, is slowly overtaking my shelves! ;) And that's not a bad thing!!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday’s Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA XXI

• Cloak and Dagger (1946) Gary Cooper, Lilli Palmer & Robert Alda – A Film by Fritz Lang
• Shack Out on 101 (1955) Terry Moore, Lee Marvin & Frank Lovejoy – A Film by Edward Dein
• Short Cut to Hell (1957) William Bishop, Robert Ivers & Georgann Johnson – A Film by James Cagney

1714316654657.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swethaJK
Recent bookmarks