What's new

By Innovation Only, iPhone (and more!) event Sept 10 2019 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
To add to the post...

Just checked the site.

Right now you can get this Aukey charger for $6 with coupon

• Aukey 10W Fast Wireless Charging Pad: $6 (Reg. $15+)
    • w/ on-page coupon and code J88ZRU6W

But check back daily or subscribe to Newsletter. There are always deals like this.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I love it when a plan comes together....

EDJkJlUXoAICRUs

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Made this the official pre-discussion thread. Thanks @Johnny Angell

Yes the 2020 phones will have 5G, not this years unless something extreeeeemely sneaky is afoot. For those of us on annual upgrades we will get both. Those of you on multi year upgrades will have a tough choice. Wait a year for 5G or go a year+ after it's out without it...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Johnny,

You still have a bit of time before you get your new phone.

I'm gonna give you a great tip...

Go to 9to5toys.com

Subscribe to their daily newsletter. Sometimes you will get it twice a day in your mailbox.

It's your best insight into Amazon (and other online stores) deals.

I see wireless charger deals advertised at least once or twice a week. Anker is always selling their wireless charger for under $20. Personally, I like Mophie and if you can find it for $20 on sale -- and it does happen -- that is the deal of a lifetime.

I will keep an eye out on wireless charger deals for you over the next few weeks. But do go to that site and subscribe to their newsletter.
Thanks Ron. I just subscribed but I might miss something, so if you see a good charger on sale, let me know. It is a cool sight, looks like I could browse all day long, but I’m too busy with HTF to do that. ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
9to5toys has been the death of me. I spent a lot of money thru their deals.

I know nothing about the iHome charger. If everyone recommends it, buy it.

I like Anker and Mophie. I will try and keep you posted.

R

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
There were rumors a few weeks ago that Apple might be bringing back the multicolored Apple logo, if only on select products.

Curious to see that invitation then...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
9to5toys has been the death of me. I spent a lot of money thru their deals.

I know nothing about the iHome charger. If everyone recommends it, buy it.

I like Anker and Mophie. I will try and keep you posted.

R
I wish 9to5 had a method of notifying when an item reaches a price point, like camel.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Podcasters are speculating that iPad and MacBook announcements will be in October event. iPhone and streaming services for Sep 10.

It’s going to be hard to get through my meeting next week without peeking at the announcements!

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ha ha! I might have been right in my prediction! Hope so, as it would fit my desire to do some upgradery this Winter! :D
I believe Apple is going to update the AppleTV this Fall.
  1. It's going on 2 years old. Refresh cycle has been about two years on average.
  2. A10X will be three gen old this Fall. Apple Arcade + PS4 Controllers = emphasis on gaming. Update to A12X for gaming hotness.
  3. New hardware to compete for $$ against all the non-Apple TV's coming with iTunes integrated
We'll see. Not that a new model really does me any good. They still wonder support proper bitstreamed Atmos that us HTPC weirdos need. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That said, I don't expect an AppleTV to be "one more thing" at the big Sept iPhone event. Seems like it would come out with a big Apple+ TV streaming pricing launch event. Which I don't think is Sept 10. But, happy to be totally wrong bout this and get aTV news next week. (It's next week, right? I'm now synced back with real time? ;) )

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
That said, I don't expect an AppleTV to be "one more thing" at the big Sept iPhone event. Seems like it would come out with a big Apple+ TV streaming pricing launch event. Which I don't think is Sept 10. But, happy to be totally wrong bout this and get aTV news next week. (It's next week, right? I'm now synced back with real time? ;) )
I don't believe CoinX (who is leaking the inclusion of "one more thing" in the keynote) is saying it's the ATV, just that there will be a "one more thing" and it's anybody's guess what that will be. Macrumors is speculating either Apple's Tile competitor, or perhaps glasses (because that worked out well for Google :rolling-smiley:).

Now that Disney+ has dropped the gauntlet for a new streaming war (or should that be capitalized: Streaming War), any AppleTV and associated programming announcements should be included as a standard item. One More Thing needs to be kept for special announcements that very few saw coming.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
My gut says Apple TV will get an update but nothing to make a current Apple TV 4K owner rush out to upgrade.

A bump in the chip and it wouldn't surprise me to see 1 of the 2 current 32gb and 64gb models get dropped. It probably wouldn't even get a mention at a keynote, it will just appear on the website afterwards.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
My gut says Apple TV will get an update but nothing to make a current Apple TV 4K owner rush out to upgrade.

Except Sam.

A bump in the chip and it wouldn't surprise me to see 1 of the 2 current 32gb and 64gb models get dropped. It probably wouldn't even get a mention at a keynote, it will just appear on the website afterwards.

I think they will be inching forward with more game console like features for their game subscription service. The Xbox and PS controller support is great. Know what would be even better? An included baseline controller so that even every day pikers get one to use.

Bummer it's not a 12x tho, if true.

Either way, now or later in the year, I expect much more than a spec bump from next get ATV. I've been disappointed before tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks