What's new

By Innovation Only, iPhone (and more!) event Sept 10 2019 (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I thought there was an app for watching this event, but haven’t found one. How does one watch the event?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
9833718F-622E-437C-8104-CC7D93401471.jpeg

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yeah until 5G comes out I just have no interest in any new of the new iPhones...
I'm mystified by eagerness for a 5G iPhone. From everything I've seen about 5G right now, unless you happen to be at just the right spot it doesn't really work -- see Joanna Stern's WSJ review: We Tested 5G Across America. It's Crazy Fast—and a Hot Messhttps://www.wsj.com › Tech › Personal Technology: Review
Yes, in a few years it might start working well in many areas - but honestly in the United States as a whole the existing LTE/4G/3G networks are terrible vs. the European Union. Go hiking in the mountains - here you lose your reception, in Bulgaria it seems to work everywhere. The 4G in Linosa, Italy (look it up on a map) is faster than the LTE just about anywhere in the US (often the same is true even of their 3G). If the existing 4G or LTE starts working nationwide in the USA at EU standards I'll be very, very happy.

But why you would want/need to go from a working LTE to 5G for your iPhone - maybe someone can explain it to me. If you are unhappy with your current reception at your usual locations, I very, very seriously doubt 5G in 2019/2020 is going to solve anything

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I'm mystified by eagerness for a 5G iPhone. From everything I've seen about 5G right now,

I don't have an eagerness for 5G. I don't even know enough about it to know how it would affect me.

My post was only saying that if I purchase a new phone and I want to keep it for at least 5 years, and my current phone is only 1 year old, then my next phone will presumably be 5G.

But hey, that long thing you wrote was interesting ;)

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Potentially good news today...

Apple is rumored to be announcing the new 10" iPad Pro.

If they do that, then there will be no iPad event next month and most likely, the Macbook Pro will be announced today as well.

Can't see a single event for a Macbook happening without any other hardware.

Of course, they could quietly launch the MBP next month -- which I highly doubt -- but would result in a live feed of Sam Posten eating mushrooms, which quite frankly, I am all for personally watching.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The gaming looks impressive but I prefer gaming on my PS4 if I game at all

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The price is great but they weren't able to keep that news under wraps due to the leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks