What's new

Avengers: Infinity War -- Spoilers Thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And then on the Late Night with Colbert the other night, there was a crossover which linked in with Avengers:Infinity

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Good question. Thor seems to think so, since he claims it was destroyed before he realizes Loki took it. Loki really ought to have left it alone.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
That's what I was thinking. I started to wonder if the stones were indestructible and remembered the Scarlet Witch did briefly destroy one of them.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Of course, even if the destruction of Asgard had destroyed it, Thanos could have used the Time Stone to go back and retrieve it, the same as he did for the Mind Stone...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Good question. Thor seems to think so, since he claims it was destroyed before he realizes Loki took it. Loki really ought to have left it alone.

That's what I was thinking. I started to wonder if the stones were indestructible and remembered the Scarlet Witch did briefly destroy one of them.

The theory they were operating under in the movie was that Wanda might be able to destroy the Mind Stone because her power came from that stone, and therefore, it was the same kind of energy.

So I'd think that while the Space Stone could be destroyed under the right circumstances, it would have taken more than the destruction of Asgard to do it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think he just gradually came to know where each of them was (except thee soul stone) because obviously he's spent years planning for this and the information came his way. I definitely don't think he can track them.

Also, the mind stone was in Loki's staff from The Avengers, which Thanos gave him. I know Thanos wanted the Tesseract, but...why would you give up an Infinity Stone in order to (maybe) get another Infinity Stone? I suppose you could say he was overconfident that Loki would win on Earth, but considering the rarity of the stones, that still seems like a headscratcher to me.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Another question if I may - can Thanos track the stones wherever they may be? Even if one is floating in deep space far from any star system?
I don’t think so. But if it had been left on Asgard I think he would have been able to find it in the debris field.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Also, the mind stone was in Loki's staff from The Avengers, which Thanos gave him. I know Thanos wanted the Tesseract, but...why would you give up an Infinity Stone in order to (maybe) get another Infinity Stone? I suppose you could say he was overconfident that Loki would win on Earth, but considering the rarity of the stones, that still seems like a headscratcher to me.

Probably was a “it takes money to make money” type of endeavor. Having one Infinity Stone is great and all, but it seems for Thanos’ purpose it’s really an all or nothing real. They are really only worth having if he has the whole set.

So if it leveraging one lead to winding up with two, then he’s one step closer to what he wanted. If it didn’t work out (which it didn’t) then at least knows what planet two stones are on (ultimately three) when he is ready to come pick them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks