What's new

Avengers: Infinity War -- Spoilers Thread (1 Viewer)

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I'm still wondering why Thanos felt it necessary to wipe out half of a population that had already just been decimated.

Wouldn't that suck if the half he decimated would have been the ones to survive the "snap" and the others didn't?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
“Thor tells the Guardians that Thanos wiped out half of his people.”

ANd then half of those leftover with a snap.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I think one of the best comedy bits in the movie was every time Thor called Rocket "Rabbit". :rolling-smiley:

Also did everyone catch the line in the credits "Thanos will return"?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This is my list of essential MCU movies you need to see to follow along Infinity War:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnarok

These flesh out more of the emotional arcs and fill in more details about the Infinity Stones and whatnot:

Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Black Panther
Thor: The Dark World

These are tangentially related but feature the characters prominently:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Iron Man 3
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Does not need to be seen other than for entertainment/completest purposes (it is an entertaining flick):

Ant-Man

Black Panther is arguably essential, but you do get glimpses of Wakanda and are introduced to most of the leads at the end of Civil War.

The Incredible Hulk is arguably in the same category as Ant-Man, as it's not just a different actor but in many ways a completely different character.

Thor Dark World could be bumped down as well. If anything, the Aether is visually nothing like the Reality Stone and there aren't any real connections from Dark World to Infinity War.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think "The Avengers" is essential because it sets up Thanos and the possibility of alien invasion, plus the Tesseract.

Captain America: The First Avenger also seems important for the Red Skull intro, since he plays a part in Infinity War.

Black Panther establishes Wakanda, which plays an important role in Infinity War.

Thor: The Dark World establishes one of the Infinity Stones, which is important to Infinity War.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I think Guardians covers Thanos well enough.

First Avenger is higher on the secondary list due to Bucky, The Red Skull, and The Tesseract. But Winter Soldier shows up in Civil War, the Tesseract is merely a macguffin in Infinity War, and knowing who the Red Skull is isn't essential to understanding the movie.

Wakanda is already introduced in Civil War.

No one should sit through Dark World unless they absolutely have to.

It's more arguable that Spiderman: Homecoming is essential since it fleshes out the bonds between Stark and Parker. That plays really well into the death scene.

When Strange asked Stark if Peter was his ward, I laughed and laughed because it never dawned on me that the MCU Spiderman is, in many ways, Robin to Tony's Batman.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That thy won't comment on the Thor characters is particularly interesting.

Betty Ross being alive or dead doesn't seem to bee of huge consequence since she hasn't appeared in so long, but I'd be interested to know if her dad survived or not. It would be extremely helpful to The Avengers if he did not.

It would also be interesting to know if Hawkeye, Ant-Man and the Wasp survived. Since Ant-Man and the Wasp is set before these events, I'd be surprised if we found out about their current status in that movie.

Also....before Rocket leaves Earth, I really want him to meet an actual raccoon, just to see his reaction. Do they have raccoons in Wakanda?

Last edited:

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
It would also be interesting to know if Hawkeye, Ant-Man and the Wasp survived.

The following is a parody:

"Infinity Wars 1.5: Thanos uses the 6 Infinity Stones in the Infinity Gauntlet to form another Stone: the RAID Stone. At the end of film 1.5, Ant-Man and Wasp are still alive."

"Infinity Wars 1.6: Thanos stops by Jill's Sewing Supply to pick up a new Infinity Gauntlet that can hold seven stones. After temporarily hopping over to DCU, he 'borrows' Two-Face's scarred coin, to decide which insect-themed hero to 'treat' to his newest Stone. The film fades out after he has flipped the coin but before we learn the name of the intended victim."

(Intermission) A 50-cents call-in line is set up for the fans to determine which character lives and which dies (along the lines of what DC did with the Jason Todd Robin).

"Infinity Wars 1.7: In keeping with Thanos' philosophy of killing half of the sentient life forms in the Universe, one 'insect' hero goes to Heaven. The other is teleported halfway across the world. Let it not be said that Thanos tolerates insects at his picnics!"

Does this answer your question re: Ant-Man and Wasp?

:D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Not really a spoiler discussion in this post, but I thought it would be better to post this here in the midst of the active discussion rather than starting a new thread just for it.

Because it isn't Amazon and they aren't fighting with Disney, Target's website already has Infinity War up for pre-order on Blu-ray. I do all of my Disney pre-orders through Target now, as a result of the ongoing Amazon-Disney thing.

There's no release date yet -- but -- if you add it to your cart and go to the checkout page, as though you intend to buy it, it says, "standard shipping get it from Thu, Sep 10 - Tue, Sep 15." This would suggest that Target has been informed that the Blu-ray release date will be Tuesday, September 8. I'm basing this on Target usually estimating that it will arrive at least two days after the release date.

For reference, when I pre-ordered Black Panther form them, it was expected to arrive anywhere from May 17 to May 21. UPS tells me that my package, already shipped, should arrive on Wednesday, which is May 16.

The early September window would also be consistent with other recent Marvel releases. The Winter Soldier was released theatrically on April 4 and arrived on Blu-ray September 9. Civil War opened May 6 and the Blu-ray released September 13.

Last year, Guardians Vol. 2 was a little quicker, arriving in theaters on May 5 and on disc on August 22. It's always possible Disney could use this timeframe again for Infinity War, but they might think Infinity War's theatrical legs could be longer than those for Guardians as a solo film. This week, they are releasing Black Panther too early in my opinion, because they did not expect that film to still be in the top ten this weekend, but it was. Perhaps, by returning to September for the disc release, they are trying to ensure Infinity War has played itself out before the disc arrives.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Sorry, but none of that matters to me at all unless they are offering 3D. Otherwise it’s back to Amazon.uk

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
For reference, when I pre-ordered Black Panther form them, it was expected to arrive anywhere from May 17 to May 21. UPS tells me that my package, already shipped, should arrive on Wednesday, which is May 16.

Interesting. I *attempted* to order Black Panther 4K from Target twice last week, and they cancelled BOTH orders due to "technical issues". No other explanation. Guess I'll be taking my dollars to Best Buy.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Sorry, but none of that matters to me at all unless they are offering 3D. Otherwise it’s back to Amazon.uk

I wasn't trying to push anyone to order from Target. I brought it up only to reference the possible time frame for the release date.

I *attempted* to order Black Panther 4K from twice last week, and Target cancelled BOTH orders due to "technical issues".

That's odd. My order has been standing for some time, although it is for the standard Blu-ray edition. (No one else in my family wants 4K other than me, so we aren't likely to get it.) But yeah, I would also head to Best Buy if I were in your position; there's no point in patronizing Target if they're going to make it difficult for you to get what you want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks