What's new

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5 (2017-2018) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My thought is:
Half of the population gets wiped out, Talbot and/or Daisy ends up fracturing the Earth, and then the time loop iterates one more time, with the story jumping back several months before the events of Infinity War. That way, by the time the storyline catches up to Thanos's arrival -- assuming the show gets renewed -- Avengers 4 will be out and the show can respond accordingly.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
My thought is that the events of the last two episodes take place before Thanos does everything he does on Earth in Infinity War. If the series is renewed they can deal with the ramifications of IW. If not, then they just come to a conclusion. As mentioned previously, they are writing this season prepared that it is the final season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Another good episode, with plenty of highlights, but I wonder about the references to IW. As someone who saw IW opening day, I liked the references, but it makes the show not play to an audience that hasn't seen the movie. And when it's in syndication years from now, what will audiences make of it then? What's more, if this is going to be the final season, it won't feel very resolved if we have the lingering threat of Thanos ongoing.

All the more reason the Shield tea, should have been given a cameo in the movie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm sure we're all hoping next week's season finale is not a series finale. However, it sounds like if the show does come back, it will be in a different form.

https://mcucosmic.com/2018/05/with-inhumans-gone-whats-going-on-with-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/

It sounds like they are considering a couple of things for a sixth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:

1. The first option is a short 10-episode mini-season on ABC or even possibly on Hulu.
  2. The second option is to further cut down the number of episodes to 15 or 16 (this season was 22) and to continue to reduce the budget that way.
  3. A third option isn’t as clear as those, as it seems like there may be an idea for some kind of “spinoff” featuring some of the characters on a much smaller scale than the regular series.

Last night, the above site told fans to brace for some "very bad news," but today it suggests that no news of cancellation prior to Tuesday's upfront presentation is a good thing.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Well all the pieces are in place for the finale. Which is a bit surprising, as unless they are planning some super 'pull the rug out from under you' plot twist, what's going to go down in the finale seems to be super obvious.

Daisy's last words to Kasias were 'I'm the destroyer of worlds' which is why the future Kasius knows her as such and everyone thinks she is responsible for Earth's distruction. Graviton is all set to destroy the Earth by sucking out the gravitonium, although i'm sure in his head he thinks he can do it without cracking it apart. Yo-yo's prophecy has come true in that they only have enough centepede serum to either stop Graviton or save Coulson, so if they want to break the loop, they're going to have to let Coulson die (again).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If I had to guess, I'd say it will start in Feb-March and run through mid-May.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully the writers treat it like a final season, because the writing's definitely on the wall. This pickup was basically to sweeten the deal for streaming/syndication.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I’m really curious to see if at the end of this season’s finale the end of Infinity War is acknowledged. If so, I think however they plan on dealing with that could impact when this next season starts.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. It does present a creative opportunity to land after the events of Avengers 4, even if they hadn't planned on it.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I actually believe Dungey that this call was related to ratings more than to the creative side of it. But that it also presents a way to sidestep Infinity War's final twist is actually fortunate.

If the show was a ratings powerhouse, there is no way they would keep it off the air for a year just to accommodate Avengers 4 coming out first. They would force the show to deal with the Infinity War twist somehow or other in order to keep their huge hit on the air during the regular season. Since it has not been that, this may work out in its favor. A low-rated bust in the regular season may be looked upon as a relative hit airing during the traditionally quieter summer period.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm surprised @Josh Steinberg hasn't chimed in yet about the year-plus hiatus between seasons. He, more than anybody else I know, hates long hiatuses between seasons.

I was in the kitchen experimenting with a couple new recipes :D

I’m not thrilled with the idea, but I was expecting the show to get canceled so this is better. And with Infinity War leaving the state of the MCU uncertain at present, I’m not sure how the show could have gone forward without addressing it, which they can’t really do either.

I just hope for a satisfying conclusion to the show. I thought last years season was horrendous, while this one has been pretty good more often than not, so I hope they can keep it up!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wishlist for season 6: Film outside in daylight.

(I have enjoyed season 5, but everything seemed to take place in a dim hallway.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks