1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Six (2019)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Sam Favate, Jan 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

As soon as I found out the new season doesn't acknowledge the events of "Endgame", I deleted my series record and haven't looked back.

John Sparks likes this.
  2. NeilO

NeilO Producer

I enjoyed it as well.

wrt Endgame, they decided to just ignore Endgame and the end of Infinity War for a variety of reasons. How much it really diverges from the MCU we really won't know until the season wraps up.

3. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Producer

Josh Dial
    For what it's worth, I think the show is better than it's ever been (and I thought the last few seasons were quite strong).

It's unfortunate that, through no fault of its own, the show was forced (by execs) into ignoring The Snap. As has been reported elsewhere, the show was originally going to deal with the aftermath, but due to on again/off again shifting premiere dates and the (obvious) desire to avoid spoiling one of the biggest movie experiences of all time, the show was left with no choice. You can see little sneak peaks into the aftermath (for example, bars and other public places are relatively empty), but otherwise they have had to completely dance around the issue.

That said, the season's overarching plot may allow for some convergence:

[Endgame spoilers]

This season may be dealing with the multiverse, and has hinted at the possibility that last season's time meddling shunted the show into a separate reality like those seen in Endgame. It's possible that "righting" the reality this season could see the team tossed back into the MCU prime reality in time for the final season.

NeilO likes this.
  4. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    The last episode with Fitz and Simmons was a riot. Those two play off each other very well, and the flashbacks to their pasts were wonderful. I had a feeling Framework Fitz and Ring-like Simmons would like each other.

NeilO likes this.
  5. NeilO

NeilO Producer

At the end of Collision Part 2, I thought they mentioned something about Fitz and Simmons being gone for 5 years instead of 1 year. Did I mishear something or misunderstand?

6. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Producer

Josh Dial
    I heard it too, Neil. I wonder if it's a vestige from an old version of the script when the show was absolutely 100% taking place during the snap/blip.

NeilO likes this.
  7. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein
    Did you also hear Deke make the comment about "My theory of the Multiverses"?

8. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Yes, definitely remember that statement.

9. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    I've been enjoying this season, and I still have not seen anything to indicate to me that this couldn't be taking place during the 5 years after the Snap.

Dheiner likes this.
  10. Message #30 of 35 Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I’ve been enjoying it as well. But I haven’t seen anything that would even hint in the slightest that something as world changing as the snap occurred. And of course not a single member of the cast is missing.

The snap hasn’t occurred. And it is outside of the MCU. Their own fault for trying to force the connection to Infinity War last year. But the story they are telling here is entertaining.

11. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Good season finale with what everyone thought might be going on in season 1 coming to pass in setting up season 7.

12. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Finally caught up with the season finale. I enjoyed it and it was nice to see the Izel storyline wrapped up (and the monoliths?). There are a few things that bothered me though. Sometimes events on the show go by so fast that I miss key points that explain things - like the shrike (sp?) that infected YoYo left her when Izel was killed? May was healed by going into that other plain? If Sarge had planned that, was he on their side all along?

I have watched this show from the beginning and I've always liked it. Sometimes it's confusing. Also, why does everyone on the show wear black? Everyone in SHIELD, the cybernauts (whatever they're called), the shrike, Izel - everyone wears black. (And where did Izel get a change of clothes? Did she have an off-camera backpack?)

Looking forward to season 7, although I wish they'd move it up from next summer. Most of the world is on vacation in August, so it's hard to watch things when new. The time travel plot seems one of the most intriguing yet.

13. NeilO

NeilO Producer

The shrike that infected YoYo disappeared when Izel was killed as did the other shrike that she created.
    I think there was still some small part of Coulson in Sarge that was working with SHIELD and knew May could heal and save the day.

14. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Cinematographer

Yeah, I also noticed that the 3 monoliths were all well and intact at the end of the season. Surely that's got to come into play next season?

15. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate