Previous Season Threads:
Held back even longer than usual, "The 100" will begin its 13-episode fifth season on April 24th at 9/8c, following an all-new episode of "The Flash". Assuming they stick to one episode a week, and don't skip any weeks, it will run through July 17th.
Here's the (pretty damn epic) Season 5 trailer:
The fourth season finale ended with a six-year time jump, as the meltdown of Earth's remaining nuclear plants blanketed the planet with another sustained wave of lethal radiation that made nearly the entire surface of the planet uninhabitable.
In the face of this calamity, Octavia Blake seized control of a large bunker designed to withstand the end of the world. She permitted Skaikru and the eleven surviving Grounder clans to each select 100 from within their number to survive in the bunker. Under the terms of her edict, the twelve hundred survivors were to set aside their tribal allegiances and unite as Wonkru. At some point during the time jump, massive amounts of rubble buried the entrance to the bunker.
Raven, Echo, Monty, Harper, Bellamy, Murphy and Emori made it to space, taking refuge from the hellfire of armageddon below in what remains of the Ark.
One two people survive on the surface: Clarke, her body having been enhanced to withstand levels of radiation that would kill even most of the other radiation-resistant Grounders, and Madi -- a young Nightblood with an inherited resistance to the radiation who also found herself trapped on the surface. They have been alone for together for over half a decade.
Until a transport ship from elsewhere in the solar system lands at the one fertile speck of real estate left on the planet...
Some casting news:
- Isaiah Washington will not be a series regular in Season 5, but will return in some capacity.
- Tasya Teles, who plays the exiled Azgeda guardswoman Echo, has been promoted to series regular. Teles has recurred on the show since the second season, when her character was introduced in cage deep in the bowels of the Mount Weather bunker. In the fourth season finale, she was one of the seven characters who went into space to avoid the nuclear catastrophe unfolding on the ground.
- Lola Flanery will play Madi in Season 5, the young Nightblood that Clarke has taken under her wing. In the brief scene at the end of the Season 4 finale, the character was played by Imogen Tear.
- Jordan Bolger will play Zeke Shaw, an adrenaline junkie whose "passion for uncovering the secrets of the universe ... led him to join a space mission to a distant solar system."
- "Banshee" actress Ivana Milicevic will recur as Charmaine, a "ruthless military strategist who will go head to head" with the survivors on Earth when her prison transport ship makes landfall at the last remaining sliver of habitable land on the planet.
- Spanish actor William Miller will play Robert McCreary, "a mysterious prisoner aboard the long-distance mining mission sent from our time. A former enforcer from a powerful crime syndicate, his ruthless, violent methods make him a formidable antagonist to our heroes."
- Mike Dopud will recur as Vinson, whose erudite demeanor masks his true nature as "a ruthless serial killer, terrifying enough to keep even the worst of the criminals on their toes."
- Shannon Kook will appear as Lucas. He will first appear in the season finale, with a series regular option if the show returns for a sixth season.
- 5x01: Eden
- 5x02: Red Queen
- 5x03: Sleeping Giants
- 5x04: Pandora's Box
- 5x05: Shifting Sands
- 5x06: Exit Wounds
- 5x07: Acceptable Losses
- 5x08: Secret Weapon
- 5x09: Sic Semper Tyrannis
- 5x10: The Last
- 5x11: The Dark Year
- 5x12: Damocles - Part One
- 5x13: Damocles - Part Two