What's new

2019-2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Eli probably gets in the HoF, but he doesn't pass the eye test for me. I have a higher criteria for the various Halls of Fame than voters seem to have, though. I wouldn't consider him as one of the top 5 players at his position during the time he played, and if you take away those two miracle passes in his Super Bowls, his resume becomes quite average.

His last name and those two SB wins gets him in, though.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Eli probably gets in the HoF, but he doesn't pass the eye test for me. I have a higher criteria for the various Halls of Fame than voters seem to have, though. I wouldn't consider him as one of the top 5 players at his position during the time he played, and if you take away those two miracle passes in his Super Bowls, his resume becomes quite average.

His last name and those two SB wins gets him in, though.
Agree, and here’s another guy that may make it, but doesn’t pass the eye test for me- Rivers. Eli
had better make it in before Rivers does.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Agree, and here’s another guy that may make it, but doesn’t pass the eye test for me- Rivers. Eli
had better make it in before Rivers does.
If I was in charge, there is no way Philip Rivers gets in the HoF. He's basically Eli without the last name or post season resume, and that's not good enough. Guys like him belong in the Hall of Pretty Good, IMO.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I don't think his last name does as much for Eli as playing in New York does..
But, regardless, 2 SB wins gets any starting QB in. After all, it's not the Hall of Stats, and Eli IS famous.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’m hoping for a good, competitive game. Us fans have been lucky in that most of the recent Super Bowls have been good games.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m hoping for a good, competitive game. Us fans have been lucky in that most of the recent Super Bowls have been good games.
Gad, there was an era when the game just sucked. I agree, give me an exciting, competitive game that the Chiefs win.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tonight, I believe the last five 2020 HOF members comes out. The names will probably start leaking out later this afternoon or early evening.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is about my TiVo but it is SB related. I got a notice yesterday from the TiVo that if I record the SB, shortly after the SB ends I will be able to use the auto skip commercials feature to skip the game and just watch the commercials and half-time show.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, game skip. Skip directly to commercials and the halftime show, right past those pesky game interruptions.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Not at all surprised that Steelers safety Troy Polamalu was elected on his first year of eligibility. The other 4-
Edgerrin James
Isaac Bruce
Steve Hutchinson
Steve Atwater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks