What's new

2019-2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Which is why they will probably take a wide receiver. :laugh:
Detroit should take Tua. Let him recover for a year OR 2, behind Staffy.

I'm only half kidding. Yeah, they'd suck again next year, but two years of early pick in each round can make a team really good. Look at the 9ers.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Terrel DAVIS only played four full seasons.
Three of which were great and one all time great.
Last three seasons didn’t play much.

Not around long enough to get in the Hall

I forgot he was inducted.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Terrel DAVIS only played four full seasons.
Three of which were great and one all time great.
Last three seasons didn’t play much.

Not around long enough to get in the Hall

I forgot he was inducted.
I disagree as I think Davis induction was similar to Gale Sayers, who's career was cut short by injuries. I still have memories of watching one of the most exciting football players I ever seen in Sayers. Guys like Sayers and in baseball like Sandy Koufax were just special players and their respective sports league recognizes it as so.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I think Panthers linebacker Kuechly makes the hall- 8 years, 7 pro bowls, career cut short due to concussions. A shame- I liked watching him play- he actually hit people.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I can see a better argument for Gale being in. He was one of the early great runners in football.

Davis had that one great year and a few other really good ones. In a time when there were more then a few guys who could get 1000 yards.

Doesn’t matter since he’s in but I’m surprised he got in.

Anyway I am thrilled that Harold Carmichael did get in.
He is the Eagles receiving leader in about every category.

at the time of retirement he had the longest games played streak In nfl history.

I see that Drew PeArson was really upset about not getting in and maybe he will eventually but I think Harold has better overall numbers.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
One thing that is apparent. More players will get in playing a short Career then ever before.
Less guys playing 17-20 years going forward.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I can see a better argument for Gale being in. He was one of the early great runners in football.

Davis had that one great year and a few other really good ones. In a time when there were more then a few guys who could get 1000 yards.

Doesn’t matter since he’s in but I’m surprised he got in.

Anyway I am thrilled that Harold Carmichael did get in.
He is the Eagles receiving leader in about every category.

at the time of retirement he had the longest games played streak In nfl history.

I see that Drew PeArson was really upset about not getting in and maybe he will eventually but I think Harold has better overall numbers.
I think Davis had three great years, but your point is taken.:)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Detroit should take Tua. Let him recover for a year OR 2, behind Staffy.

I'm only half kidding. Yeah, they'd suck again next year, but two years of early pick in each round can make a team really good. Look at the 9ers.
Actually, if Detroit was an intelligent, well-run franchise this move is very logical. Stafford has a bad back, makes way too much money, and the team is most likely going to be lousy next year anyway, so taking a potential franchise QB makes complete sense. However, Martha Ford has given a mandate to GM Bob Quinn and HC Matt Patricia that's it's playoffs or bust for them next season. With their jobs on the line and an utter lack of talent at the offensive skills positions, there is no way those two will take a QB for the future. Considering how bad the team is, instead of issuing a mandate she should have just fired Quinn and Patricia now -- it's almost a foregone conclusion they will miss the playoffs and be canned next offseason. Instead, they will waste another draft class trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

That wide receiver is looking more and more likely. ;)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: Drew Pearson and the HOF...

I was looking at the career stats for NFL Wide Receivers and Pearson is kind of in the middle of pack for career receiving yards. I did not attempt to factor in things like averages / year. Just looking at the stats to get a feel for where he placed.

One of the biggest surprises was that the Ram's Isaac Bruce is not in the Hall of Fame. And even though his stats aren't as gaudy as some who played the position, I've always thought that the Bengal's Issac Curtis should be in as well, considering his impact on the game during the era in which he played.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Re: Drew Pearson and the HOF...

I was looking at the career stats for NFL Wide Receivers and Pearson is kind of in the middle of pack for career receiving yards. I did not attempt to factor in things like averages / year. Just looking at the stats to get a feel for where he placed.

One of the biggest surprises was that the Ram's Isaac Bruce is not in the Hall of Fame. And even though his stats aren't as gaudy as some who played the position, I've always thought that the Bengal's Issac Curtis should be in as well, considering his impact on the game during the era in which he played.

- Walter.
Walter,

There is going to be 5 more inductees announced during SB weekend. Perhaps, Bruce gets in then?

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I wonder if we’ll ever be told the truth why McDaniels isn’t the head coach- did Josh get
cold feet, did he make too many demands to run the team, or did he just not interview as well as
Stefanski?

Turns out we did get the story on why McDaniels did not take the Browns job...Paul DePodesta, the Browns analytics guy. McDaniels was not interested in working with him and so, they would have needed to dump him to land McDaniels. The owner in Cleveland wants to run the team through the analytics process, apparently including game plans. Josh wanted nothing to do with that, Stefanski was into it...so, Stefanski got the job.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, from what I read in a couple places McDaniels wanted a level of control that the Browns were not willing to give.

Imagine, a Head Coach wanting to be the Head Coach. Ridiculous! ;)

I don't know why these owners that want to be so hands-on don't just coach the teams themselves. Seems pointless to pay a person to hold the title of Head Coach when they're just a puppet to implement the Owners' micro-management.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks