What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Gruden and Mayock have been awful with their draft choices and free agent signings. Thank God, I'm not as emotionally vested in the Raiders now as I was many years ago. The Raiders organization is so screwed up!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I think Gruden and Mayock need to go back to the broadcast booth.

After reading a few first round summaries, it looks like Justin Fields was the big loser so far. He was passed over by a few QB needy teams, only to land in Chicago, where quarterback careers go to die. The Bears paid a high price to move up for Fields, too.

The Lions did not move down like a lot of their fans around here wanted, but they did appear to get a solid offensive lineman, which is never anything to scoff at.

I still do not like Atlanta taking Pitts so high. I've said my piece on taking tight ends high in the first round, and this is the highest a TE has ever been selected. It looks like the Falcons and Lions swapped brains in this draft.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The most interesting piece of intrigue from last night was Aaron Rodgers trying to shoot his way out of Green Bay on the day of the draft. The 49ers were really trying to trade for him but the Packers, while willing to move Rodgers, would not trade him within the conference. This opened the door to rumors the Broncos, Patriots, and Raiders were all attempting to land Rodgers or at least speaking to Green Bay about what it would take to get him. It also opened up the possibility that the Jaguars or Jets could trade their picks for Rodgers rather than taking a rookie that may or may not pan out.

I'm sure if the Jags said, "Here, you can have Lawrence and we'll take Rodgers." the Packers would have made the deal. Or even if the Jets wanted to swap Wilson for Rodgers. Teams that spoke to the Packers reportedly said the asking price for Aaron was too high.

Rodgers is said to have told the Pack he will not return to the team. The Packers seem to be hoping this is just a Rodgers tantrum and he will be back but the Rodgers camp is claiming he really wanted to play for the 49ers. With the Trey Lance pick that option is gone and now that day one of the draft is over, Rodgers automatically has a decreased value at this point. There could be some big name veterans traded on day 2 of the draft (Julio Jones for example) but Rodgers is not likely to be one of them.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Gruden and Mayock's first round draft picks just warms the heart of this Raiders fan. :laugh:

Well, the Raiders did get the guy with the greatest name in the draft, Leatherwood. How manly a name is that? I don't know why his parents didn't name him Stone or Steel...Stone Leatherwood...that's like the name of a super hero or movie star...or at the very least the next Home Depot spokesperson.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think Gruden and Mayock need to go back to the broadcast booth.

Honestly, I think Mayock as a talent evaluator is a total debacle. He has been saying nut job stuff for years showing he either has no idea what he is talking about or he just repeats things other people say to him. I think he has the job because he is buddies with Gruden, who I think is also probably not the best talent evaluator after he said Nathan Peterman was the best college football QB prospect he has ever seen...and of course he is on the Raiders roster and hilariously was the only QB on the Raiders roster that they were not considering getting rid of this past offseason.

These are not guys you want in charge of selecting players.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Gruden and Mayock think they're the smartest guys in the room, when they're clearly not. They will set the Raiders franchise back another 10-12 years before all is said and done. I'm hoping Gruden doesn't stay the full ten years as Raiders HC. I'll probably be ashes spread over a garbage dump before the Raiders are relevant again.:rolleyes:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
After reading a few first round summaries, it looks like Justin Fields was the big loser so far. He was passed over by a few QB needy teams, only to land in Chicago, where quarterback careers go to die. The Bears paid a high price to move up for Fields, too.

So, the issue with Fields appeared to be most teams did not like him when they interviewed him. Hence why he suddenly dropped from second best QB prospect to between the 4th to 6th best prospect on a lot of teams lists. He also was the one QB that 31 teams would not trade up for but would consider if he fell to them. I think people like his talent or potential but it was said that many teams have a long list of things they did not like about him.

Could this be Trubisky 2.0 for the Bears? Maybe but Matt Nagy wanted this kid so we will see. Some of the pundits were predicting that if Rodgers does not play for the Packers this season that the Bears with Fields would win the division. I think that's not likely but if Rodgers leaves the Packers they certainly are not a playoff team so that division would probably be the Vikings to lose.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, the issue with Fields appeared to be most teams did not like him when they interviewed him. Hence why he suddenly dropped from second best QB prospect to between the 4th to 6th best prospect on a lot of teams lists. He also was the one QB that 31 teams would not trade up for but would consider if he fell to them. I think people like his talent or potential but it was said that many teams have a long list of things they did not like about him.

Could this be Trubisky 2.0 for the Bears? Maybe but Matt Nagy wanted this kid so we will see. Some of the pundits were predicting that if Rodgers does not play for the Packers this season that the Bears with Fields would win the division. I think that's not likely but if Rodgers leaves the Packers they certainly are not a playoff team so that division would probably be the Vikings to lose.
I hope Fields makes teams regret that they thought so little of him.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I hope Fields makes teams regret that they thought so little of him.

Well, there is definitely some mystery as to why Fields fell. He did nothing in terms of his play or skills to fall. In fact when his team went head to head with Lawrence's team, Fields outplayed Lawrence and beat him....and really outplayed him. Chris Collinsworth last night said there is something we are not being told about Fields because there was no reason for him to suddenly be rated behind Wilson, Lance, and Jones.

The Pro Football Focus guys rated him only slightly behind Lawrence and the clear second best QB in the draft (which is where he was rated for the previous year, he only dropped in the last couple months) and they were raving last night that the Bears got the steal of the first round landing Fields. So, some people still love him.

It was odd to me that NFL teams were talking up every QB except Fields. You'd rarely hear him mentioned by a team. Yet there were teams raving about Mac Jones, who honestly I have nothing against but he looks like one of those guys that could be a career back-up in the NFL.

Still, I am most intrigued by Trey Lance of this rookie QB group. He might end up being the best of the bunch. You have to consider that of the rookie QBs that Lance, Jones, and probably Fields are in better situations than Lawrence and Wilson.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If the Packers somehow lose Rodgers, the Vikings will win the division by default -- similar to the Patriots all those years in the AFC East. The Lions have just begun a rebuild that will take several years (if it ever gets done), and the Bears just look bad.

Green Bay should just trade for Julio Jones to appease Rodgers. Jones and Adams would make a great pair of receivers for him.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, there is definitely some mystery as to why Fields fell. He did nothing in terms of his play or skills to fall. In fact when his team went head to head with Lawrence's team, Fields outplayed Lawrence and beat him....and really outplayed him. Chris Collinsworth last night said there is something we are not being told about Fields because there was no reason for him to suddenly be rated behind Wilson, Lance, and Jones.

The Pro Football Focus guys rated him only slightly behind Lawrence and the clear second best QB in the draft (which is where he was rated for the previous year, he only dropped in the last couple months) and they were raving last night that the Bears got the steal of the first round landing Fields. So, some people still love him.

It was odd to me that NFL teams were talking up every QB except Fields. You'd rarely hear him mentioned by a team. Yet there were teams raving about Mac Jones, who honestly I have nothing against but he looks like one of those guys that could be a career back-up in the NFL.

Still, I am most intrigued by Trey Lance of this rookie QB group. He might end up being the best of the bunch. You have to consider that of the rookie QBs that Lance, Jones, and probably Fields are in better situations than Lawrence and Wilson.
Fields also revealed he has epilepsy. That could have been a factor for some.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
If the Packers somehow lose Rodgers, the Vikings will win the division by default -- similar to the Patriots all those years in the AFC East. The Lions have just begun a rebuild that will take several years (if it ever gets done), and the Bears just look bad.

Green Bay should just trade for Julio Jones to appease Rodgers. Jones and Adams would make a great pair of receivers for him.

Basically, Aaron Rodgers is known to be a drama queen and an A-hole. I think he will be playing for the Packers this season because the Packers likely now can't get what they would want for him in a trade so, Rodgers will be a Packer whether he plays for them or not for another year. My guess is Rodgers would not sit out so I think he will play. At this point there are probably only a couple of teams that would attempt a trade for him unless the Packers let him go at a lower price and opened things up to teams in their conference which they claim they won't do. I'm guessing Washington would put an offer in on him. Some people seem to think Gruden and the Raiders will make an effort to trade for him, that would probably mean sending Carr to the Packers with whatever other compensation they offered. I just can't see any of that happening.

If the Packers traded for Julio Jones that may intrigue Rodgers enough to return....maybe. Rodgers has reportedly said goodbye to some of his Packers teammates, telling them he won't be back. Drama queen.

If the Packers trade Rodgers it won't be until after June 1st because that drastically reduces his cap hit in 2021 by more than half. So, when the Packers say they ARE NOT TRADING RODGERS...well, that may mean not until after June 1.

I believe Rodgers does want to leave Green Bay and I believe he would have loved to have gone to the 49ers. Now his options are much different. His possible destinations would be teams like the Raiders, Broncos, Redskins, and maybe the Eagles or Saints but probably not those last two teams. Where would it make the most sense for Rodgers to go in a trade? I think probably the Redskins at this point with the Broncos being a dark horse. I don't know how Rodgers feels about these destinations...probably not great and he would most likely not be in a better spot to compete in them than if he stays in Green Bay.

Overall it makes the most sense for Rodgers to play in Green Bay for 2021 and then take his show somewhere else in 2022. He can't really pick his destination at this point. He would need to just end up wherever the Packers send him. If he truly wants to play in a Super Bowl staying in Green Bay right now is his best option. If he went to the Broncos he would be in a division that is tough to win and likely can't finish ahead of the Chiefs. Same applies if he went to the Raiders, if he does not like the way things are done in Green Bay he will find Las Vegas a circus. The Redskins won their division last year with the rest of the NFC East a mess if he went to Washington he would make them a playoff team and likely division winner. He'd still probably lose in the playoffs to Tampa Bay or Seattle.

My money says Rodgers goes back to the Pack for 2021. I think he is probably gone in 2022 unless they trade Love and go all in on bringing in players to help him win a Super Bowl.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Rodgers has also expressed an interest in taking over as the new permanent host of Jeopardy!

Not sure what his chances are there, but he did a good job the two weeks he recently guest-hosted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks