What's new

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just saw an episode of Stranger Things season 3, It looked the same mall to me! :D

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Trailer goes out of it's way to show nothing of consequence. I always get this weird feeling when I see trailers like these - I know they are going out of their way to hide the good stuff so they don't spoiler their own movie, but ya gotta wonder if they went too far. Most really good trailers have a "oooh!" moment. Didn't find one here. I think the gold suit was meant to be that, but...didn't do it for me.

Not very worried though, its SO early.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It certainly looks exciting, so that's good. I do hope Chris Pine's appearance is not part of what Pascal's character said about "having everything you wanted." I hope he's not an illusion of some kind; that'd be weak.

It's risky moving it to 1984 from the more classical period of WWI. 1984 had a lot of flash and little substance. My hope is that Gadot has enough class to make it work.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Setting the first movie in WW1 instead of WW2 was a cop-out of epic proportions and the first film's fatal flaw.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Setting the first movie in WW1 instead of WW2 was a cop-out of epic proportions and the first film's fatal flaw.
Fatal flaw, what the bleep are you talking about.

It certainly looks exciting, so that's good. I do hope Chris Pine's appearance is not part of what Pascal's character said about "having everything you wanted." I hope he's not an illusion of some kind; that'd be weak.

It's risky moving it to 1984 from the more classical period of WWI. 1984 had a lot of flash and little substance. My hope is that Gadot has enough class to make it work.

That would be a terrible cheat if he was an illusion as you say.

Nothing looked like this would be the case from that preview.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

The risk is because 1984 is more recent in memory and thus has more people alive who know the difference if they get things wrong. Gal Gadot is not one of those people since she was born in 1985, so in real life, she would only be able to remember the tail end of the decade if that. I get what you mean; an America coming out of a recession provides less opportunities for the visual splendor of the first one. There was still a lot of 1970s holdover in the early part of the decade compared to the end of it; 1979 and 1989 have less in common than 1999 and 2019.

I get the sense Stranger Things influenced the decision for this film's setting.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yeah.......pretty FATAL. :lol:

Wonder Woman
All Releases
DOMESTIC (50.2%)
$412,563,408
INTERNATIONAL (49.8%)
$409,283,604
WORLDWIDE
$821,847,012

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/franchise/dc_comics
WONDER WOMAN
Critics Consensus
Thrilling, earnest, and buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance, Wonder Woman succeeds in spectacular fashion.

93%
TOMATOMETER
Total Count: 440
88%
AUDIENCE SCORE

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Interesting trailer. Disappointed that there wasn't a single glimpse of Cheetah transformed though. WTF? Bummer.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Interesting trailer. Disappointed that there wasn't a single glimpse of Cheetah transformed though. WTF? Bummer.

Would have been good to see. Jenkins was saying that Cheetah was mostly practical, but hinted that a little CG was needed too. But I think that they have had more than enough time to finish all that since the film was actually meant to be out before now. I am betting we will see her in a trailer before release.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I would have liked to have seen the origin done the way it was *actually* done in the comics and in the TV series which was WW2.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That looks fun.

I like that they're not showing too much of the actual story. This is enough to make me curious without having to spell out the entire plot.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’ll be there in the theater! The first WW was great. Though I never read the comics, so I don’t know why setting it in WWII would make it better, but I appreciated the explanation that they decided to set it in WWI because it was a war that had more moral ambiguity than Nazi Germany in WWII.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks