Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Wonder Woman 3

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Patty Jenkins

Cast: Gal Gadot, Lynda Carter

Plot: A sequel to Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 1984 that will take place in modern day. It will also be the third film in the Wonder Woman trilogy.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The first one took place during the world-shaping events of WWI, with all the drama, action, and emotion that came with it. The second one took place in a shopping mall with day-glo colors. The difference was striking.

To be fair, only one scene took place at the mall.

And show some respect to Landmark Mall (RIP)! I spent lots of time there over the years! :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think part of the failure of the second film was choosing to make it a prequel, which really locked in certain character traits that weren’t necessary and out of alignment with what an audience expects from a Wonder Woman film. It also retread beats from the first film in a way that negates character development from that film. Before the events of Batman V Superman, Wonder Woman lives in self-imposed exile, avoiding involvement with mankind. Therefore, in the WW84 film, she must only take action in contexts where no one will recognize or remember her. At the end of the first film, she’s saddened by the loss of the Steve Trevor character but not crippled by it; in WW84, his reemergence makes her unable to act upon her own agency, and makes her behave in immature and naive ways that her character outgrew decades earlier. By putting those constraints on the film with its choice of settings, the filmmakers created a scenario where Wonder Woman could neither stand out nor grow as a character.

I think the big question for the next installment is whether the filmmakers will double down by making yet another Batman V Superman prequel (like the first two WW films) or if they will move the action to the DCEU present day, which would allow the Wonder Woman character to both operate out in the open with actual stakes and grow as a person within the telling of the story. We don’t know anything of Wonder Woman’s life in the DCEU present day post-Justice League and I think there is much more fertile ground to be found after that film than there is before it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I really disliked the first film which I found boring, and the "fish out of water" tale very stale.

I loved WW84, and found it refreshing to have both a sympathetic bad guy for a change (a little depth, and complexity at least) and the true range of a loving, and caring super hero. Which by contrast is almost the polar opposite of WW in The Snyder cut of JL.

Looking forward to the third film, and crossing my fingers it has as much heart and fun of the second film.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I agree @Josh Steinberg Hopefully it goes for the great tone of the first and not the dated, dull and lazy writing of the second imo.

The characters in the sequel were underdeveloped especially Wiig’s character. WW herself seemed lost in the film. And worst of all I thought the action scenes were a mess.

Hopefully Jenkins learned her lesson from that disaster. For our sake I hope she did. :D

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I really like both films, so I’m totally game for more, whatever the direction is they want to take.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Lynda Carter to return as well? What part would Asteria play in this? Hopefully whatever it is, it's compelling.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think part of the failure of the second film was choosing to make it a prequel, which really locked in certain character traits that weren’t necessary and out of alignment with what an audience expects from a Wonder Woman film.

But by your POV, the 2017 film was a prequel as well.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks