What's new

Warner Archive In 2017. Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My oldest burn on demand discs are season 4 of Night Court, which would be just over 6 years old now.

They were A-OK when I pulled them out a couple weeks back. So the "ZOMG BURNED DISCS ONLY LAST A COUPLE YEARS!!!" myth already seems to be shattered, since six is larger than a couple.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, Frank. I'm the last person who should say this because I was the one complaining about lack of classic TV news, but we do know the powers that be are working on Guns of Paradise season 2, the Blue Knight, Jayna of the Jungle, Yogi's Space Race, and possibly still Colt 45 and the Alaskans. But I will agree with you, Frank that it has been a hard year.

Now I must say my patience prayer.

James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Well, Frank. I'm the last person who should say this because I was the one complaining about lack of classic TV news, but we do know the powers that be are working on Guns of Paradise season 2, the Blue Knight, Jayna of the Jungle, Yogi's Space Race, and possibly still Colt 45 and the Alaskans. But I will agree with you, Frank that it has been a hard year.

Now I must say my patience prayer.

James

I don't think the Alaskans has much of a chance anymore due to all the songs and music clearance issues. It has the same problems as the detective shows so I can't see them putting their resources into clearing a 1 season show when lots of people are still asking for the most popular of the detective shows : 77 Sunset Strip and Hawaiian Eye. So after those 2 are released we might see some hope for The Alaskans but I would think that they would even give Surfside 6 priority over it. Now if it didn't have expensive music clearance issues then I think it would have already been released a year or two ago.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Interesting that they have 3 of the 4 full seasons of Hawaiian Eye up for streaming. That would lead me to believe that a DVD release now looks far more likely than was previously thought. I just wonder what the holdup is what the one last episode.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Interesting that they have 3 of the 4 full seasons of Hawaiian Eye up for streaming. That would lead me to believe that a DVD release now looks far more likely than was previously thought. I just wonder what the holdup is what the one last episode.

That does sound promising for a DVD release. It sounds like it could now be released before 77 Sunset Strip. I think the biggest thing is it clearly shows that are still working towards releasing the detective shows and they have not abandoned those plans even though it has taken a very long time.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Warner Archive confirmed on facebook that the "rest of the series" of Perfect Strangers will be released on DVD with a formal announcement to come soon!

Last edited:

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Warner Archive always does 1 season at a time. When they are really moving fast on a show they will do a season every 3-4 months.

That's true but they did say they were releasing the rest of the series. They probably waited until they cleared all the music for all the seasons before starting to release the remaining seasons. So I'd say it's a sure bet the rest of the series will be released but probably only a few months between releases.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
News. News. We need News. Just a few tidbits, please. With the exception of the blu ray season set the 100, there was no classic tv news for July in the WB Archives.

News. News. I covet news.

James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well we have Alice season 5
and Mom season 3 coming up. I wonder if having the San Diego Comic Con really helps, when it comes to hearing about classic TV release news, since WB Archives might be saving all the big news for the panel? Can't believe there were so few tv releases this summer.

James

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I gotta feel that if we don't hear about anything involving the detective shows in the next year or so, it's gotta be a done deal. Every year that goes by, the perspective market for these shows dries up more and more and there are fewer and fewer people around that remember them at all. Keep in mind we aren't talking about Hogans Heroes here. None of them were heavily syndicated since their cancellation(s) and the last one went off the air more than 50 years ago so the amount of people to buy them declines every succeeding year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks