What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Warner Archive In 2017. Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Ok Folks, time for the yearly update. Lets look at realistic possibilities for 2017. Will be more hard to assess this year as there aren't many rotational series active anymore.

Locks -

Hangin With Mister Cooper - Seasons 3-5
No other sure things at this point, IMO

Decent Possibilities -

Colt 45
The Alaskans
The Thin Man
Mr. Novak
77 Sunset Strip - I'll go out on a limb and say this is finally the year
Hawaiian Eye - Ditto
Cain's Hundred
Alice - Season 5
Mayberry RFD - (cont. from WHV)
Chips - Last 2 seasons
Goodnight Beantown
Some anonymous 90's show

Doubtful -

Bourbon Street Beat
Surfside Six
Adam's Rib
Falcon Crest - Cont.
Many Happy Returns
Room For One More
Then Came Bronson
Chico and The Man
Perfect Strangers - Cont.
Drew Carey Show (if anything a Time/Life release)
The Little People
Wendy and Me
Enos
Private Benjamin

Snowball's Chance -

Roaring Twenties
Knot's Landing - Cont. (More possible a Time/Life boxset)
Head Of The Class

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Way to go Frank. Glad to see you jump on the positive 77 Sunset Strip band Wagon :)
We gotta keep hope alive. Its all we got with classic TV dying.
I would say Colt .45 is very close to a lock. They were working on the clearances last year so we should at least see season 1 next year.
Everything else on your list I agree with.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'm holding out hope that next year is the year for Chico and the Man. Why, I don't know, but I am.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I'd add Hondo & The Guns of Paradise as decent possibilities in 2017. They were mentioned as being worked on last year (2016) either on the WB Archives Facebook, or someone where else.

As for cartoons, I'd add Jayna of the Jungle as a lock, and I'm going to add the Catannooga Cats, the Banana Splits, Wildfire (animated), Goldie Gold, the Adventures of Gulliver and Fangface as decent possibilities. You really should have added animation to your list, Frank.

As for doubtful, I'd like to add Our Man Bronson to the list. It was one of the first series WB Archives mentioned on tvshowsondvd.com but I'm guessing there were issues with music clearance. Other series to add to the "doubtful" category: The Chicago Teddy Bears, the Cowboys (seventies tv spin off), Time Express. etc.

I wish WB Archives would put out some other current animated WB series that didn't finish their DVD run like Duck Dodgers, The Zeta Connection, Symbolic Titan, Xiaolin Showdown, etc. We did get Histeria last year.

Good guesses Frank.

James

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
It's been awhile since I last posted anything, so I think National Velvet, the TV series could be a possibility here.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Cain's Hundred seems extremely likely, since all the episodes are up on Warner Instant now. Would follow the pattern of Eleventh Hour, Sam Benedict, and Jericho.

As was noted in another thread, all of Cain's Hundred is NOT posted and if they can't clear Blues For a Junkman for streaming, then they won't be able to clear it for DVD and going by their business model thus far, they won't put out a series if they can't put out the full run.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. Xiaolin Showdown season 2 is coming out from WB Archives in February. That's on my wish list.

James

Jay*W

Second Unit
On the somewhat more recent front, I would love to see the Tim Daly version of The Fugitive released. Enjoyed the pilot on the blu-ray of the remastered Harrison Ford film version.

galipolis

Grip
Real Name
Klaus Dietrichs
I am also still hoping that the One Season TV Series BRONK (1975) starring Jack Palance
will be released by WA.
It's Jack Palance's only TV series plus has superb Lalo Schifrin Main title music
and great Main Credits editing / montage too.
This show is a real gem.

jrol

Grip
Real Name
John
I am also still hoping that the One Season TV Series BRONK (1975) starring Jack Palance
will be released by WA.
It's Jack Palance's only TV series plus has superb Lalo Schifrin Main title music
and great Main Credits editing / montage too.
This show is a real gem.

Well, Palance's only TV series other than THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Whatever they release will be overpriced and likely on DVD-R rather than pressed discs. Or, if pressed, will be a *very* limited run with no chance of picking up pressed copies at any discount point.

Oh... wait... that's not the type of shot you were talking about, was it? :P

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Deep Discount DVD always have good discounted prices on Warner Archive TV titles and unlike Amazon they get pressed discs if the title is available pressed. So far we can count the number of pressed warner archive titles that have run out of pressed discs on less that 2 hands maybe 1 hand. They have done second batches on popular titles.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. . . Just saw some of the February releases. Mostly blu ray and films. I didn't see any television titles for February yet. I may be early, but it doesn't look good for the second month of the year for television releases from WB Archives.

James

Of course, I could be wrong.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Two things remain the same with Warner archive TV releases: Every year for the first 3 months there are very few TV and animated releases from Warner Archive and every year we panic about it :)
The bulk of their TV and animated releases come between April - November of every year. So I wouldn't worry until May or June but by then we should have several releases if not then panic :).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Two things remain the same with Warner archive TV releases: Every year for the first 3 months there are very few TV and animated releases from Warner Archive and every year we panic about it :)
The bulk of their TV and animated releases come between April - November of every year. So I wouldn't worry until May or June but by then we should have several releases if not then panic :).

I'm not sure about that. Last year, WB Archives released three big tv releases in January. I think they had one season of Medical Center, one season of Dr. Kildeer and another one. However, I confess my family is always big about panicking

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks