What's new

Warner Archive In 2017. Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure about that. Last year, WB Archives released three big tv releases in January. I think they had one season of Medical Center, one season of Dr. Kildeer and another one. However, I confess my family is always big about panicking

James
I think there may have been one release last January but I think something more modern. Kildare and Medical Center were both March releases according to Amazon. Reading your post gave me flashbacks to last year when Frank made a similar post and then another in February.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's been awhile since I last posted anything, so I think National Velvet, the TV series could be a possibility here.

I had a teenage crush on Lori Martin back in the day (even now I find myself whistling the series' theme tune), and wouldn't think of missing an episode of this series. She then turned up in CAPE FEAR in 1962, and I was in Seventh Heaven. After that she slowly faded into minor movie and t.v. roles, and died at age 62. It saddens me to think of how her career and health took such a dive toward the end.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up a big batch of National Velvet tapes from off TNT. I'll sit on them for a bit before transferring them in case a DVD release is forthcoming. I passed on the Colt .45 episodes as I'm still thinking they're coming and also because I don't think its that great of a show anyway.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to make some wild tv guesses for March from the WB Archives.

Colt 45
Jayna of the Jungle
Kung Fu Next Generation season 2 or 3
Hanging with Mr Cooper season 2

Now everyone, please tell me off I am

James

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Finian's Rainbow was just announced on their Facebook page. No date yet

Also Demon Seed

Last edited:

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well. Batman's: The Brave and the Bold Third season Blu Ray looks like the only tv release for March so far. Maybe WB Archives doesn't love us anymore?

James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
The rest of March's tv releases cane out.

Static Shock season 1
Zeta Project season 1
Zeta Project season 2 (finished)
Jamie Foxx season 2
Newsreaders season 1
What I like about you season 2

And the already mentioned Batman Brave and the Bold Blu Ray season 3

Was really hoping for more classic tv releases. Well we can put the Zeta Project in the finished pile, and we can add Static Shock and What I Like About You to the in-progess list.

James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I bet we'll be seeing Symbiotic Titan soon. It's good that the WB Archives can put out stuff that will sell with the younger crowd. But it would be nice for some older stuff to be able to come out.

James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Static Shock season 1
Zeta Project season 1
Jamie Foxx season 2
Newsreaders season 1

Was really hoping for more classic tv releases. Well we can put the Zeta Project in the finished pile, and we can add Static Shock and What I Like About You to the in-progess list.

James

These must all be more modern shows or at least 90's and up. I have never heard of any of them except for Batman. Hopefully we get some classic TV and Animation soon.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

Static Shock season 1
Zeta Project season 1
Jamie Foxx season 2
Newsreaders season 1

James
These must all be more modern shows or at least 90's and up. I have never heard of any of them except for Batman. Hopefully we get some classic TV and Animation soon.
Though I've never seen any episodes, I vaguely remember seeing promos for WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU from around the mid '90s, and I believe JAMIE FOXX was from the early '00s. I have zero recall of the other TV shows on the above list.

CHEERS! :)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
For those interested in the series "Knots Landing", there is a new petition out to Warner Brothers to get the COMPLETE series out on DVD this year (hopefully before Christmas). Here is the link to sign your name:

https://www.change.org/p/warner-bro...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Sign on and let's get this series done already!!!!
My 19 year old son likes Dallas, but he's pretty much unfamiliar with Knots Landing and the fact there was a 3rd brother even though he watched the reboot. I was watching Wonder Woman the other night, and there was Ted Shackleford. My son asked if he was a bad guy; I replied that if he was, we'd have to get J.R. and Bobby on him. I got the weirdest look until I explained what I meant.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
What's up lately. NO classic releases this year yet? Don't really feel like ho.ding my breath till April and the finding out the first and only big "classic" release for the year so far will be some 90s show like Mr. Cooper

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Was going thru my dvd collection on my shelf and noticed Reversal of Fortune (1990) with Glen Close & Jeremy Irons. Great film and it should be on Blu-ray.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
What's up lately. NO classic releases this year yet? Don't really feel like ho.ding my breath till April and the finding out the first and only big "classic" release for the year so far will be some 90s show like Mr. Cooper
Well. We did get The Westerner, and a few other crumbs. You're probably right Frank, but we have to be grateful for what we get.
James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks