What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ultimate Star Trek: TNG Case... (1 Viewer)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
...and had to wrestle with the multi-fold monstrosity to get to disc 3.
This is one of my biggest gripes with fold-out cases. It really does suck having to unfold these things. However, I have noticed that there are plenty of people who don't seem to mind. So I am just glad we have another option thanks to multiple cases and people like Ric.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Joe I agree I dropped the gatefold thing twice trying to get the disks out. It's hard to always find space to stretch out the whole thing to get to disk 4-6. Is this thing actually cheaper for paramount to produce that providing a Keep case? I'd like to hear the $$$ Comparision.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dave, yes it is cheaper

I heard somewhere that the Digipack trays run about 10-15 cents each at manufacture, while the large count Alphas are a-not produced in large quantity and are b-expensive ($2.75 each I think)

Plus those large count Alphas weren't around until about the last year, when the industry had pretty much already standardized on the digipacks for over 2 disc releases (very happy bout the 3 disc keepcase for MASH!)

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
Ric,

Will 24lb inkjet paper suffice for these covers, or do I need something heavier? Let me also add my congrats for a great job on these things!

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
These look awsome Ric!

Now if I can just find some way to print these out... I really would like to replace all my fold out cases of DVDs, but I can't stand to have B&W Covers (I have a Laser).

Does anyone know how these would look printed out on a wax laser printer? I know where one is that I might be able to use.

Brian

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
My experience with wax laser would indicate that they'd look great. Expensive printer though, does a copier place have it or are you going to a presentations/multimedia firm?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Ted,

I'm afraid I don't know anything about that kind of paper. I would just have to say print one up and let us know how the results were. As for myself, I think I'm gonna check out that Kodak paper.

-Ric

DanHaya

Second Unit
Ric,
I know that I'm new here, but I just have to tell you what a wonderful job you've done with these slipsheets! I'm definitely going to use them, starting with the TOS versions. It's amazing how I stumbled onto this whole concept by reading Ron's review of the 2nd season boxsets! What a wonderful idea this is! I can't wait to see how much space I am going to save by eliminating those 40 cases! :)
My opinion on future volumes is to keep with your original idea of one person on the front of each. Aside from Wesley Crusher, there were only 7 main characters...they are the ones who should be on the front. I also concur that Troi looked best during the 7th season, so you might want to consider her for that volume.
Also, since you're getting so much feedback on the fly here, you might want to consider starting to work on a prototype for the DS9 box sets for next year. That way, you can settle on your designs now and not have to worry about too many changes when they start coming out next year. Just a thought.
Keep up the great work!
--Dan

Jin E

Second Unit
I'm not running out to buy th DVD's or anything, but that cover art is still pretty F'n cool! Good job!

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Have you ever thought about doing Twilight Zone sets? I'm contemplating replacing my 45 single cases with 9 quints...

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Hey Ric,
You did post something about membership to HTF not needed to enjoy these covers didn't you? :D You're bringing em in like bees to honey.
Joe Kim, DanHaya and Joe Isham welcome to HTF.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hi Guys!

I was able to pick up ST:TNG season 3 today...and noticed that the booklet had a much smaller picture of Data than I wanted for the new cover.

Originally I thought they would be reeasing their booklets with big face shots of all the principals on the front of the booklets. The adance ads for season 2 featured a big Riker on the front. But when it was released it turned out picard was on the front again, but there was still a big Riker shot on the booklet.

Well for season 3 Picard is again on the front and while some of the faces are bigger (Worf for example) Data's is one of the smaller ones.

Does anyone have a big publicity type shot of Data from season 3-7? He pretty much looked the same thru all of it once he was in the updated uniform. If I can't get a hold of a nice shot, then I will probably use Worf and use a Data shot somewhere down the road.

Thanks,

Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ric, Worf would probably be a good Pick for Season 4 since alot of the eps focused on him (Sins of the Father, Redemption etc)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
That is the picture I am using. And its from season 3! However, he looks much too orange in the face. I am doing what I can to give him more of that pale look that he had on the series.

I don't think these are turning out as well as The Original Series... I guess with my spine design and the big faces (which I often hear some of you folks complain about in other threads!) this design may be a little too structured, where TOS allowed a little more freedom.

I am thinking of bagging the usual cast shot on the back, in favor of something else...

Thanks for all the links! I may have something to show you folks later today.

-Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Here's Season 3 and the insert. Hope you find them acceptable! Barring any mistakes I will send the hires versions to Parker and Matt before the official release date.
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed for actual size.
The colored combadge version will not look much different on this one, except the number 3 will be gold instead of grey.
Later,
Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks