1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Star Trek: TNG Case...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ric Easton, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

I know, I know... I said that I really don't have a problem with the cardboard packaging that alot of these season box sets come in. Well I had a little time this weekend so I thought what the heck...
    I won't do others until they are released, and I will probably stick with the big face shots on the front that Paramount seems to be using for their sleeves. For the backs I will probably experiment around a little bit.
    [​IMG]
    Click here for a bigger view
    For those interested in this sort of thing, I hope you like it!
    -Ric

2. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I knew you would not let me down.
    Thanks Ric.

3. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Beautiful! [​IMG]

4. MikeDeVincenzo

MikeDeVincenzo Stunt Coordinator

I'm writing a letter to the mayor of Troy, NY, demanding that new signs be posted on all roads leading to Troy. 'WELCOME TO TROY, NY, HOME OF RIC EASTON--STAR TREK DVD ARTWORK STUD-DADDY"
    Thanks man!

5. Will_B

Will_B Producer

That's excellent. Typo on Jonathan Frake's name, but no one will ever notice.

Can you post a 200 dpi version of it?

6. Ric Easton

DOH!

Why do you folks think I run these by you before sending them to DVD Cover Art? I could have stared at that thing forever and never noticed JINathan Frakes! Thanks for catching it and saving me future embarassment!

Also, I hope I didn't step on your toes Ricardo. I just noticed the other thread after I posted, where you said you may want to give it a try. Feel free to still give it a shot. It wouldn't be the first time there were multiple offerings.

I'll get the fixed 300dpi version to Matt at DVD Cover Art tomorrow and see if he won't mind hosting it.

Thanks for the kind words... Oh, and the Mayor of Troy is Mark Pattison!

- Ric

7. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Looks Fantastic,Now maybe everyone can see that the original Box is kinda Bland. Anyway of getting the episodes on here, with 26 shows thats probably asking alot..

8. Ric Easton

I'll see about making an insert that can go inside with the booklet that will list all of the episodes. (The booklet only lists the episodes in alphabetical order) I thought about putting them on the back, but I think I'd rather see the pix instead of alot of text.

Oh, and I found another typo! I butchered Executive... as in Exectuvive Producer Gene Roddenberry! Photoshop should come with a spell check!

- Rik ... uh I mean Ric

9. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

10. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Ric, excellent work!!! Thank you so much! Now if I can just figure out where to go print this and on what grade of paper...

11. Ric Easton

I have had excellent results with my 4 year old HP printer. I used 13x19 Epson photo paper and cut each sheet into two 8.5x13 sheets (almost legal size) and set the printer for "best quality" Or you can use regular legal size paper, though it's hard to find good quality paper of that size. The nice thing is, even though regular legal size paper isn't glossy, it still looks like it is way when put in the case.

Frank Anderson has also got good results from a professional printer friend of his, and I would bet that he'd be willing to help out those folks who can't do this for themselves.

Corrections on the sleeve are finished, I'm just working on the insert with the episodes and I will send them both off to Matt at DVDCoverArt. Though I don't know if he also hosts the inserts.

-Ric

12. Norm Lalonde

Norm Lalonde Stunt Coordinator

Very nice work Ric, but I'll be staying with the original boxes.

Norm

13. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Ric, again wonderful work. Though the original boxes do look nice, it is an incredible pain in the butt everytime you want to watch one. You have to open the silver box, tip/pry out the cardboard inner digi-pack, then unfold it like a roadmap. I'd much rather use yours with an extra-large case.

Jimmy!

14. Ric Easton

Well, here's what I came up with for the insert. I'm not crazy about it, but after trying out about a half dozen ideas, this is as good as it got.
    [​IMG]

15. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Ric,

I do believe your Q powers are starting to show. You my friend have "Talent on loan from God"

16. Ric Easton

Yeah, now if I can just avoid those spelling errors...

-Ric

17. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

If you don't want to spend the time cutting the paper down Kodak makes legal size photo paper (although I don't like Kodak paper as much as Epson or HP paper).

Ric, nice cover.

18. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

Ric,
    That insert sent chills down my spine and goosebumps throughout my whole body! Great job![​IMG]
    EDIT: Software Forum not refreshing for me?!?!?!

19. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

nice job, but ill be using the originals

20. Ric Easton

For those interested the new cover and sleeve should be up on DVD Cover Art this weekend. Matt has been out of town and is unable to update his site until then.
    -Ric