What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ultimate Star Trek: TNG Case... (1 Viewer)

DanHaya

Second Unit
Ric,

I still think your original design is the best option that you've shown us so far. I know that you're not particularly happy with the photo of Data you used...perhaps you might want to consider looking for a better photo that isn't necessarily from Season 3. After all, he didn't change all that much and Data has never been promoted from Lt. Commander.

Also, with regards to the Enterprise, maybe it would work better if you turned it around (show the fron instead of the back. Or maybe put a Borg cube in its path...that might be cool!

I just think that you should try and stay with a consistent pattern. I know you don't want to have a bunch of variations, but you did such an awesome job with seasons 1 & 2 that I think it would be best to stick with that format. Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong! lol

"One to beam up"

--Dan

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My final bit of advice here:

Don't try too hard to design that cover by committee. In the end, use the version YOU like best.

Cheers,

James.M

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,
This is my first post in these forums, but I've been reading this thread with interest. My honest opinion of which cover I think looks best, is the second one, which may look a little like lore, but thats only because the black part of the uniform is showing, lets face it. I like the second cover, it has a dark feel to it, which fits in nicely with the change of style of season three. Especially with such great eps as yesterdays Enterprise, and Best of Both worlds.
I say stick with the second cover, it looks the coolest.:emoji_thumbsup:
PS. keep the blue glow, it looked more professional.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Personally, I like the one with the UFP symbol, but it IS a large departure from the previous two. I still prefer the title at the top though...not the bottom. Yer gonna hate me for suggesting this Ric, but perhaps revisiting the first two to do something more along the lines of this theme? Don't hit me. :)
However, if you decide to NOT use that one, I prefer the top cover, with the "Loreish" (as people have said) photo of Data.
I have to add that I'm not crazy about the Enterprise pic on that cover though.
Just my two cents...whatever you end up going with will be cool I'm sure! :D
I agree with Dan...you could use any shot of Data from any season from the 3rd on...he didn't change much.
And I also think you should keep the blue glow. :)

James.M

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Dan...you could use any shot of Data from any season from the 3rd on...he didn't change much.
Yeah, but I think it should be from season 3. Some peeps really can tell if it isn't. Besides I really like that 'Loreish' pic as some people have said, picture of Data.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but I think it should be from season 3. Some peeps really can tell if it isn't. Besides I really like that 'Loreish' pic as some people have said, picture of Data.
I dunno...I pretty Trek-freakish (esp. TNG), and I doubt I could tell. If I could, it would be by way of watching an episode and seeing a moment in a shot and saying "Hey! He's in the same pose as Ric Easton's TNG S3 cover! But this isn't a S3 episode!"

And then, why exactly would it matter?

James.M

Stunt Coordinator
It wouldn't really matter, but sometimes I get annoyed when covers use pictures of say a character that isn't from that particular film or series. Look at the Bond covers. Licence To Kill uses a picture of Dalton on the front thats from The Living Daylights!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been able to find any other shots of Data from Season 3 or after. So I guess I will be going with the Lorish one, since most folks like that better.

As for the rest, I have so many variations on that cover now, it's ridiculous...

UFP symbols or Enterprises with and without gold uniform color under the black uniform area. Bigger head... smaller head. Some with both the ship and the UFP logo. Title on top andf bottom!

I may send one design to Ron and Matt... both the regular and gold combadge versions. (they are nearly identical, except for ther little number 3) Then if I have any space on my own website I may offer some of the other designs.

Trouble is, this would probably mean doing multiples of some of the others as well. I already downloaded a Klingon and a Starfleet Medical logo! I don't think there is one for the Counselors of the Federation!

Anyway, I really like that UFP one, so that's the one I will be using.

Yer gonna hate me for suggesting this Ric, but perhaps revisiting the first two to do something more along the lines of this theme?
Please no!!!

I don't really think it departs that much from the theme... with the exception of having the title at the bottom, I just opted for a symbol of the Federation instead of the usual ship shot. Just thought it would make them a little more interesting to not go with the ship everytime.

Hopefully, I'll figure out which version to send Ron and Matt by the time the street date hits!

BTW, Welcome to the forum James! I think you'll find HTF as indespensable as I do!

- Ric

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, I like the second rev best. Lor-ishness and all, the first pic was too puppy-dog-ish. My big concern, that you touched on, is will the blown-up picture work when printed on 300 dpi? If you think not, then you will have to do like you said.

Perhaps instead of the UFP logo, maybe a second character, like was discussed on earler pages of this thread. (similar to your TOS covers)

Maybe a Wesley picture -- then we can all use it to explain why Data looks pissed-off. I mean if you had Wesley standing behind you on YOUR cover, you'd look piseed too.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Ugh, the things a real mess! It was my first design with a website... just playing around actually. I haven't updated it in more than a year, and it needs alot of work. Mostly just pics of my wife and I on vacations and such. Not really much to do with Home Theater. If you must take a look, it's right here: Link Removed

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
For those of you still still checking in... thanks for bearing with me. After taking all of the comments into account I think I am narrowing it down to the majority.
ST Banner on top.
No UFP Logo
Sterner Data look
The following two choices are with and without some of his gold uniform showing. Please let me know which of these two you would like to see submitted for download.
Link Removed
Link Removed
If any of you would like one of the other designs. Please let me know, and I will see about making it available to you. But please don't ask for anything new! I am growing weary!
Jeff K,
Yer takin' up the cause for DS9, right!?
Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Like the bottom one, but I think it would be much more in theme with the season, and the reason for Data looking peeved, if the Enterprise was replaced with a Borg Cube. Does anyone agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indy7solo
Recent bookmarks