What's new

SVS PB1 + are in place !! (1 Viewer)

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Folks,

after a long journey through time, the SVS Subwoofers finally arrived at my place in Germany.

The travel was fast and they were received in good shape.

Have a look ...the black intruders are approaching the living room:

...but disappear when seated into their places:

They have to be correctly set up though. That will be done as soon I get the AV Controller, which is on its way.

So far, my wife found a new use to the SVS "Earplugs", MAXI size:

Thanks Tom, Ron, and the whole team.
Very well made gear! I enjoy it and will tell how the progress goes on when the tuning has finished.

Regards,
Axel

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thats great AxelKro. Looks like your wife is a thinker. I wondered what those were for.;)

Very nice and I hope you let us know how they sound. You waited patiently and now for the payoff. You deserve dual PB1-PLUS's.
congratulations:emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Steve nn,

yep, let me get the Controller, then I'll go on. Until then, I will let them rumble around a little, just for fun ;)

terence

Supporting Actor
CONGRATS Alex!:emoji_thumbsup: Looks good!

I know have been waiting for a while now, once you get everything set-up let us know your impressions, oh and your wife's too.:D

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
What a wise advise, Ron ;-)))
She accepted the intruders so far without any problem.
(I might try to switch them on now ...)

Cheers,
Ax

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Congrats on your new subs... you will love them. I have a PB2+ and looking at your pictures mine really is not that much bigger. Makeing me wonder if I should have done doubles as that is what I replaced but so far so good..I have a large room and this thing holds its own. I can't imagine how good yours are gonna sound. Good luck with the wife too. Mine came when she was not home.. I quickly got help and got it in and set it up by ear. We sat down that night to watch some movie that would ocassionally have a quick LFE hit. The first time she jumped up from her chair yelling : what the heck was that.... pretty funny.

David*RT

Stunt Coordinator
Axel,
Your next upgrade should be a MUCH LARGER TV.

Like with like....you know what I mean? ;)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
David, I just mentioned the same thing to my wife.

"You know how you are too much into this audio thing? When you sub is bigger than your tv!" :D

Those look awsome. I bet the dual PB1+'s will be a tad louder than a single PB2+...... right?

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Folks,
unfortunately, I can't make the TV too much bigger, otherwise I can't see the garden any more ;)
The TV would also block the window door to the terrasse.

However, in theory, you are right. In the case of a future visual upgrade, I would go towards a flip down or rolldown movie screen of a decent size.
The risk is low though, as this would definitely work against my wifes idea of the look of a living room.

Ax

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Yes you need to be careful Axel or your wife will find another use for those port-plugs!

"You know how you are too much into this audio thing? When you sub is bigger than your tv!"

Thats funny Jesse.

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
@ MikeLi

Yep, the size is very close, slightly deeper and a little higher too.
The depth wouldn't have been a problem, the heigth was.
I did not want to sit between Monoliths, feeling like the ape in 2001-Space Odyssey ;)

@ Steve nn

;) :b :D
I will carefully check the port plugs from time to time ...

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

Axel,

You are a candidate for a motorized screen. Looking at your photos I thought about what a small screen you've got, but what a great view. A screen that comes down from the ceiling only when you want to watch movies at night would be ideal for you.

-Robb

PS. Congrats on your new toys!

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
@ Robb Roy

The trouble I am having with motorized screens is the construction of the ceiling. It's not there ;)

Have a look:

As you can see from the side:

...there is no place to mount it in a way to keep the TV.
If I would mount the screen along the window, it would bounce on to the TV while going down.

If I would use the wooden bar in front of the TV, I think I am too close to the screen. And the positioning of the projector would be the next nightmare.

That's why it may take some time until I can come to a decent solution...

Regards,
Axel

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, hmmm,
the Plasma Floor Lift could well be THE ideal solution for my living room.

As I have a cellar room below the living room and already a hole (but not deep enough at the moment) along the window (have a look on the pictures above, its hidden by a metal grill on the floor behind the TV rack), this idea would fit.

No need for a projector, a nice view when hidden and a handy operation.
I'll keep that in mind by the time when the Plasma's of a decent size will become affordable for me.

Thanks KeithY for mentioning this option!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Axel:

Congrats on the subs. I have to say that your house is beautiful. I wouldn't want to cover up that view either. Your room reminds me of setting out in the woods on a peaceful day.

Parker

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Axel-

How did you get black PB1+'s? I thought they were only available in 4 "natural" wood tones.
I thought I would have to make do with the standard PB1, to get them in black.

Very nice setup!

thanks,

-Miles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks