What's new

SVS PB1 + are in place !! (1 Viewer)

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Miles,

We did some very limited numbers of black PB2-Ultra and PB1-Plus units and had to discontinue them due to the difficulty in attaining the quality we demanded on stained black real maple.

It might sound odd but getting the other 4 wood toned units right was FAR easier than jet black.

Our vendor on the PB2-Plus/PB2-ISD has perfected fine grain textured black for us, but near term production on those units are already nearly maxxed out, so just doing PB1-Plus and PB2-Ultra in those finishes have not been viable options either.

We have not ended our quest for black PB1-Plus and PB2-Ultra units but alternative production is still weeks away.

So for now, those few black units of either model are destined to be collectors' items for sure. The 4 wood stains are so stunning that it's hardly a major issue (unless you are hard over on black). Ultimately, the solutions to doing more black finishes might be suprising to long time SVS watchers. We'll see.

Ron

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Miles,

I think I left Ron so choked with tears after reading my mails, that he finally made my two black Subs by hand to get them out of Ohio :)

Sorry for all you lovers of the black color, Folks!
I will treasure mine for sure.

Ax

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Parker,

>I have to say that your house is beautiful

Yep, and the living room is the best part of it beside the Garden. After we visited this house, we could not get satisfied by any other.
It took all our previous earnings and most of the future earnings as well, but it's worth it!
It gives us a very good feeling of coming home each day.

Ax

David Bouwkamp

Auditioning
AxelKro,

I see that you use your two SVS subs as end tables and have a few items on top of each. Is there ever a problem with these items vibrating off of the sub when listening to music or watching movies? I just received my SVS PB2+ yesterday and am toying around with room placement. One of my limited choices is to put it between two Lazy Boys in the center rear of my room and I would also being placing a lamp and remotes on top of it. Thanks for any input.

Dave

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Dave,

it may change with the level you will hear the music/movies, but I have not had anything vibrating off the box yet.
Only the leaves of the plant on top of one of the subs are start shaking.

Ax

AxelKro

Stunt Coordinator
Hi to All,

now it's time to conclude on the SVS Setup.
I connected and calibrated the AV Controller and set all Speakers up, one by one, measured them through and found the best sound so far ever in this room.

The corner loaded Sub is about 10 dB louder than the one to the left of the couch, but this is on a few peaks only.
Each of the speakers in my 9.2 configuration shows a slightly (within a +/- 5 dB's range) different bass-curve, so I had to compromise a little.
Finally I leveled them for the best average and set the crossover to 40 Hz. This avoided the overlap around 60 to 100Hz with the large front speakers which gave a rather muddy upper bass. With the 40 Hz setting it's all very clean and goes straight down 16 Hz without any dips (I blocked one port). I used the correcting factors shown in the SVS Manual during my SPL measurements.

Now, all is set, what can I say? I'm just happy! I took the latest DVD-A from Miss Elliot "so addicted" and gave myself a listening session. Just perfect :D.

I could run the volume up without any harshness or muddyness at all. The only annoying noise come from the shingles on my roof, which starts to vibrate in the rhythm of the tune :) if i go to +5 dB (or more) over reference level.

The Gain of the Subs is set to 10 o'clock and the Calibration of the speakers goes to -9 dB's, so there would be plenty of more room shaking power, if I would like to overdo it.

The couch is the best place to sit fortunately. It centers the bass waves all around the room. My wifes place, just beside my couch, has 9 dB less SPL, which is SO GOOD, as she doesn't like Bass as much as I do.

Conclusion? -> Guys, go out and buy this product !!
100% satisfaction from my side, in a rather difficult room for the perfect sound !!

Regards,
Axel

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi Ax,

Sounds like you are having fun & in bass heaven, pick up Matrix Revoulutions and let us know what you think. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks