What's new

Route 66 (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Quite a coincidence! I wasn't aware of that. Another coincidence: I'm currently working my way chronologically through Route 66 for the third time. I'm in the fourth season and I'm a few episodes short of Child of a Night. I'll keep an eye for Miss Pettet there. She looks a lot different as a 22 year-old! I almost didn't recognize her. Thanks for the information and pics, Neal.
My pleasure! Coincidences x 2! Looks like we have a new member in our small yet loyal Route 66 group. Welcome to the ranks of the obsessed Tom. If you have The Fugitive S03E21 Shadow of the Swan watch all of it and you'll see more of the Joanna Pettet you're accustomed to seeing.
icon_e_peace.gif

Love the Route 66 theme. Has everyone (who has the dvds) noticed that the high fidelity, stereo version plays during the menus of the Shout release? Likely granted from the album version.
Yes I have. Actually any DVD sets that plays the theme song over and over again drives me crazy. The Invaders does that. I almost threw it against the wall.
icon_e_furious.gif

Last edited:

Tom.W

Second Unit
Looks like we have a new member in our small yet loyal Route 66 group. Welcome to the ranks of the obsessed Tom.
New member, long time fan of Route 66. Back before I had cable in the mid 80's, I had friends taping it off Nick at Nite. I later picked up the Columbia House tapes. Unfortunately, subsequent to picking up the Roxbury (one season) and Shout releases, I got rid of most of my Nick at Nite tapes. Not only did I lose the film transfers from Nick with next week previews, but came to learn about the edited and dark image problems with the dvds. But thanks to Randall for his efforts in checking on this and sharing it in an earlier post. One of my favorite episodes is Once to Every Man. A really strong performance by Janice Rule. The theme and great photography in locations around the country with the cool Corvette must have made an impression on me as a child.

f you have The Fugitive S03E21 Shadow of the Swan watch all of it and you'll see more of the Joanna Pettet you're accustomed to seeing.

Thanks for that tip, Neal. I'm also on the fourth season of The Fugitive. I'll go back and rewatch Shadow. Checking my notes, I see that I liked it.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
New member, long time fan of Route 66. Back before I had cable in the mid 80's, I had friends taping it off Nick at Nite. I later picked up the Columbia House tapes. Unfortunately, subsequent to picking up the Roxbury (one season) and Shout releases, I got rid of most of my Nick at Nite tapes. Not only did I lose the film transfers from Nick with next week previews, but came to learn about the edited and dark image problems with the dvds. But thanks to Randall for his efforts in checking on this and sharing it in an earlier post. One of my favorite episodes is Once to Every Man. A really strong performance by Janice Rule. The theme and great photography in locations around the country with the cool Corvette must have made an impression on me as a child.
That's great to hear Tom. That's also painful to hear re: the Nick episodes. But if you only had them on VHS tapes don't feel too bad. You sound as if you know all of us here. Were you one of the silent majority lurkers that now has this thread approaching 34K views? Yes agreed. Check this out if you haven't done so already. Once To Every Man (Gloucester, Massachusetts).
Thanks for that tip, Neal. I'm also on the fourth season of The Fugitive. I'll go back and rewatch Shadow. Checking my notes, I see that I liked it.
Great. One item I neglected to mention yesterday morning. Women's appearances are like that of a chameleon. Just look at the images of Joanna Pettet which you posted from Night Gallery and then those from Route 66. The major differences? The early Joanna Pettet has little to no make-up and no sun tan. The latter just the opposite. Just like the differences in the tv appearances of Laura Devon. With and without make-up makes all the difference in the world.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Martin Milner Appearance ...

Dragnet (1951-1959) Stars Jack Webb Ben Alexander Olan Soule Vic Perrin Ralph Moody Ralph Moody Harry Bartell Jack Kruschen Art Gilmore Art Balinger Barney Phillips Herb Vigran Bert Holland Virginia Gregg Herbert Ellis Lillian Powell Natalie Masters Victor Rodman Frank Gerstle Paul Richards Jonathan Hole Mel Ford Sammy OggGeorge Sawaya James Stone William Boyett Allene Roberts Ken Peters Robert Crosson Dorothy Abbott Sam Edwards Joyce McCluskey Helen Kleeb Dennis Weaver Celia Lovsky Martin Milner

Sgt. Joe Friday and his partners methodically investigate crimes in Los Angeles.

S04E01 The Big Producer (Aug.26.1954) Stars Jack Webb Ben Alexander Ralph Moody Martin Milner as Stephen Banner (Marty Milner) Carolyn Jones Helen Andrews

Obscene literature and pictures are spread among youngster at a school in Los Angeles. The supplier of this illegal stuff turns out to be a former film producer from the days of silent movies.

Martin Milner Dragnet Appearances

- The Big Note (1955)
- The Big Key (1955)
- The Big Producer (1954) ... Stephen Banner (as Marty Milner)
- The Big Market (1953)
- The Big Trial (1952)
- The Big Speech (1952)

MARTIN MILNER COMMISSIONER I

Passage from sdpolicemuseum: Commissioner Milner met Jack Webb during the filming of Halls of Montezuma and later worked with him on his "Dragnet" radio show as well as the TV series "Dragnet". Milner appeared as 17-year-old high school student "Stephen Banner" in the episode "The Big Producer" in 1954.

According to Webb's biography "Just the Facts, Ma'am", Webb owed Commissioner Milner money from a card game. When Webb called him to the studio to pay him back, he offered Milner a role in the "Dragnet" radio show. Webb continued to find roles for Commissioner Milner until he offered him the role of Officer "Pete Malloy" on "Adam-12".​

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Happened to be watching Macgyver a few days ago and Martin Milner was on.
Thanks Alan. I went looking for it on YT. It's not there but I did find a few other shows with Mr. Milner. I also found this which I feel was quite well done by a true Route 66 fan. It's from 2014. So your post here triggered some more great R66 related videos!
icon_e_thumbsup.gif

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Martin Milner Appearances ...

The Lone Ranger (1949-1957) Stars Jay Silverheels Clayton Moore John Hart

The adventures of the masked hero and his Native American partner.

S01E28 Pay Dirt (Mar.23.1950) Stars Clayton Moore Jay Silverheels Emmett Lynn Walter Sande Martin Milner Zon Murray George J. Lewis George Lynn

Two gamblers way-lay a miner who has just struck gold in a mine he is working, wounding him badly. Tonto and the Lone Ranger hear gunfire and go to investigate. The Ranger realizes he needs to get to town to register the claim for the miners as well as identify the attempted claim jumpers/murderers.

Worst upload in the history of YouTube! LOL!
Wagon Train S01E28 The Sally Potter Story (Apr.09.1958)

The Great Gildersleeve (1954-1956) Stars Willard Waterman Ronald Keith Lillian Randolph

Throckmorton Gildersleeve is a blustery "ladies" man who often finds himself in unusual predicaments. Raising his too smart nephew Leroy, he leans on his secretary Bessie and tries to ignore the advice of housekeeper Birdie.

S1E32 Water Commissioners Water Color Stars Willard Waterman Stephanie Griffin Craig Hill Lillian Randolph Ronald Keith Dolores Fuller Forrest Lewis Burt Mustin Martin Milner Lester Dorr

Gildy doesn't like Marjorie's new boyfriend and decides to check into his background.

Kraft Suspense Theatre (1963-1965) Stars David Lewis Francis De Sales Harry Townes

Kraft Suspense Theater was an anthology series which featured a new cast and stories each week.

S02E16 Streetcar, Do You Read Me? (Feb.25.1965) Stars Martin Milner Richard Long Jack Ging Nancy Malone Harlan Warde John Roseboro Don Eitner Fred Holliday Donald E. Kunzler Randy Eccles Robert Anderson Leif Erickson

A S.A.C. (Strategic Air Command) bomber on a routine patrol mission from March Air Force Base in the U.S. to Spain-and-back suffers an on-board fire.The co-pilot,who has dodged the responsibility of becoming a lead pilot,is suddenly thrust into command when the pilot is severely injured due to the fire.Can the co-pilot conquer his fears and master his inadequacies?

A Man Called Shenandoah (1965-1966) Stars Robert Horton Gregory Walcott John Cliff

A man shot and left for dead on the trail is found and revived. He has no recollection of his past and, calling himself Shenandoah, roams the West in search of his identity.

S01E32 Requiem for the Second (May.02.1966) Stars Robert Horton Martin Milner John Cliff Ross Elliott Maurine Dawson Jason Wingreen

Scully, from episode 24, finds Shenandoah to let him know he's found Neal Henderson, the man who should have been court marshaled.

The Rat Patrol (1966-1968) Stars Christopher George Gary Raymond Eric Braeden

The World War II North African missions of an Allied commando patrol squad of the Long Range Desert Group.

S01E25 The Wild Goose Raid (Feb.27.1967) Stars Christopher George Gary Raymond Eric Braeden(credit only) Lawrence P. Casey Justin Tarr Martin Milner William Bryant Socrates Ballis Henry Wills Eddie Peterson Michael MastersMichael Masters Ron Brown

The Rat Patrol is assigned to oversee security for an important high level meeting occurring at headquarters.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Martin Milner Appearances ...

The Felony Squad Season (1966-1969) Stars Howard Duff Ben Alexander Dennis Cole

Twenty-year veteran Detective Sergeant Sam Stone is paired with rookie Briggs in a large Western metropolis. The tough as nails desk Sergeant is the father of young Briggs, and helps the force deal with tribulations and the unexpected that come with being on the police force.

S02E08 Hit and Run, Run, Run (Nov.06.1967) Stars Howard Duff Ben Alexander Dennis Cole Martin Milner Mark Lenard Jason Wingreen John S. Ragin Vic Tayback Harry Raybould Ben Aliza Rosanna Huffman

A man confesses to Sam and Jim that he's guilty in a hit and run accident. But there is no victim yet something makes the detectives decide to investigate further.

Insight (1960-1984) Stars Ellwood Kieser Efrem Zimbalist Jr. Martin Sheen

American Roman Catholic religious-themed anthology shedding light on the contemporary search for meaning, freedom, and love.

S01E192 Fat Hands and Diamond Rings (Nov 12.1967) Stars Ellwood Kieser Barry Sullivan Celeste Holm Howard Morris Martin Milner Mary Jackson Gigi Perreau Oliver McGowan Ned Glass Ted Cassidy Barry Cahill Harold Gould

A blustering, arrogant lawyer takes the case of a man indicted for an assault. Though it's obvious to his junior partner the man is a rapist, the lawyer never addresses actual guilt of his new client, preferring to dance around the question with small talk.

Dean Martin Show (1965-1974) Stars Dean Martin The Dingaling Sisters Ken Lane

Dean Martin hosts, with several celebrities as guests. There are musical acts and comedy sketches that break down comedy, racial, and sexual barriers all at the same time.

S09E08 Celebrity Roast: Johnny Carson (Nov.02.1973) Stars Dean Martin Jack Benny Joey Bishop Foster Brooks George Burns Ruth Buzzi Johnny Carson Wilt Chamberlain Mike Connors Howard Cosell Bette Davis Dom DeLuise Redd Foxx George Gobel Hubert H. Humphrey Jack Klugman Rich Little Kent McCord Martin Milner @38:28 Corbett Monica Louisa Moritz Bob Newhart Tony Randall Nipsey Russell Doc SeverinsenDoc Severinsen Dionne Warwick Jonathan Winters

Tonight Show host Johnny Carson is roasted by Dean and his friends.

The Littlest Hobo Season (1979-1985) Stars London Harvey AtkinAllan Royal

The wandering adventures of an intelligent German shepherd dog.

S02E8 Sailing Away (Nov.13.1980) Stars London Tracey E. Bregman David Calderisi Michael Copeman Lynne Deragon Martin Milner Michael Tough

An inexperienced sailor deals with her frustrations by sailing in dangerous conditions. Fortunately, she has the Hobo with her to help her when she gets into trouble.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
George Maharis Appearances ...

Police Story (1973-1987) Stars Scott Brady Mel Scott Don Meredith

Classic anthology series, which details the personal lives of the men and women of the Los Angeles Police Department. The stories ranged from highly dramatic to extremely funny. Even though there weren't any real regulars, Don Meredith and Tony LoBianco were often seen throughout the run of the show as detectives Bert Jameson and Tony Calabrese respectively.

S01E05 The Ho Chi Minh Trail (Nov.06.1975) Stars George Maharis Clifton Davis Herb Edelman Raymond St. Jacques Bernie Hamilton Antonio Fargas Donald Woods Ed Bernard Aldine King Ken Lynch Michael Norell Alan Weeks Bob Delegall Cal Bartlett Bobi Stewart James Turner Rufus Thomas

Police Academy Cadet Mark Randolph is recruited, days before his graduation, by the narcotics squad to go undercover and infiltrate a drug operation.

S03E07 Test of Brotherhood (Nov.14.1975) Stars George Maharis Cindy Williams Sal Mineo Royal Dano Scott Brady Edward Albert Richard Drout Miller Ric Mancini Rockne Tarkington James Daris John Shay John Mitchum David Pritchard Brioni Farrell Ed Deemer Eddie Fontaine Lisa Moore George Reynolds Lew Brown

Veteran officer JR Peters is paired in a patrol car with his younger brother Clay, a rookie, along with their sibling rivalry.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Neal, that's some great stuff right there! Until you started making these posts, in this thread and others, I had no idea that there was such a wealth of great and varied TV shows now available on Youtube (and Dailymotion). It's always a treat to see Milner and Maharis in other settings.

Too bad that The Virginian full episodes aren't on YT. We get to see Martin Milner as a villain in the superb, spectacular and remarkably cast season five episode The Trail To Ashley Mountain (Nov. 2, 1966)...Milner plays a bank-robbing killer who plans on killing Trampas (Doug McClure), a Sheriff and his former accomplice now on the run in order to cover-up his own crimes. And maybe kill another few bounty hunters and trail bums who might get in his way, ha, ha!

Guest star Martin Milner shares this episode with George Kennedy (just before his Oscar in Cool Hand Luke), Gene Evans, Hugh Marlowe, Raymond St. Jacques (Rawhide), Judi Meredith, Steve Carlson, Paul Comi and Jackie (Uncle Fester) Coogan! I previously posted more of these screen caps of the whole cast and spectacular outdoor locations that I took from the Timeless DVD set in another thread, but should at least post the ones of Martin Milner here...
Virginian 115.JPG

Virginian 116.JPG

Virginian 129.JPG

Virginian 132.JPG

Virginian 133.JPG

Virginian 136.JPG

Virginian 137.JPG

Virginian 140.JPG

Virginian 143.JPG

Virginian 154.JPG

Virginian 157.JPG

Virginian 173.JPG

Virginian 176.JPG

Virginian 171.JPG

Virginian 185.JPG

Virginian 191.JPG

Virginian 192.JPG

Virginian 201.JPG

Virginian 199.JPG

Virginian 198.JPG

It's great to see Martin Milner as a bad guy, and as a real sneering, smirking, murderous bastard to boot!

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Neal, that's some great stuff right there! Until you started making these posts, in this thread and others, I had no idea that there was such a wealth of great and varied TV shows now available on Youtube (and Dailymotion). It's always a treat to see Milner and Maharis in other settings.

Too bad that The Virginian full episodes aren't on YT. We get to see Martin Milner as a villain in the superb, spectacular and remarkably cast season five episode The Trail To Ashley Mountain (Nov. 2, 1966)...Milner plays a bank-robbing killer who plans on killing Trampas (Doug McClure), a Sheriff and his former accomplice now on the run in order to cover-up his own crimes. And maybe kill another few bounty hunters and trail bums who might get in his way, ha, ha!

Guest star Martin Milner shares this episode with George Kennedy (just before his Oscar in Cool Hand Luke), Gene Evans, Hugh Marlowe, Raymond St. Jacques (Rawhide), Judi Meredith, Steve Carlson, Paul Comi and Jackie (Uncle Fester) Coogan! I previously posted more of these screen caps of the whole cast and spectacular outdoor locations that I took from the Timeless DVD set in another thread, but should at least post the ones of Martin Milner here...
View attachment 115248
View attachment 115249
View attachment 115250
View attachment 115251
View attachment 115252
View attachment 115253
View attachment 115254
View attachment 115257
View attachment 115255
View attachment 115258
View attachment 115259
View attachment 115260
View attachment 115261
View attachment 115262
View attachment 115263
View attachment 115264
View attachment 115265
View attachment 115266
View attachment 115267
View attachment 115268

It's great to see Martin Milner as a bad guy, and as a real sneering, smirking, murderous bastard to boot!
Wow very nice Randall, great collection of Marty Milner as a bad guy in The Virginian. Yes I was surprised when I started digging that I found as many as I did, even the two additional Police Story episodes with George Maharis, (and if you noticed The Ho Chi Minh Trail with Raymond St. Jacques) which I missed the first time around. It sure is refreshing to screen cap from a beautiful source as they come out looking so spectacular! Appreciate the backdrop on this one, (poor Jackie Coogan always typecast as Uncle Fester). I'm slowly plodding my way through The Virginian. I've stalled on Season 7, but I'm sure I'll get back into it at some point. Isn't it nice that we have so much stuff to watch that we forget we ever saw specific episodes from a series? I know I saw Trail to Ashley Mountain (1966) but now I can rewatch as though it's the first time!

But where are the caps from Timberland (1965)? Hahaha, just kidding.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
TCM is airing the 1967 feature film A Covenant With Death tonight. (I'm in Mountain, where it airs at 8PM, so it must be 10PM Eastern) Starring George Maharis, Laura Devon, Katy Jurado, Earl Holliman, Arthur O'Connell, Sidney Blackmer, Gene Hackman, John Anderson, Whit Bissell, Kent Smith, Paul Birch and Wende Wagner!

Set in a border town in 1920s New Mexico, Maharis plays a judge presiding over a contentious murder trial. Not a great movie, but with George Maharis and Laura Devon it bears watching for fans of Route 66. Arthur O'Connell (From an Enchantress Fleeing), Gene Hackman (Who Will Cheer My Bonnie Bride) John Anderson (Shall Forfeit His Dog and Ten Shillings to the King) Whit Bissell (Black November) all appeared in Route 66 also, so the connections are many. The film is in color, filmed on location at old Santa Fe, and features the same Stutz Bearcat that later appeared in 1971's Bearcats!.
george-maharis-laying-next-to-laura-devon-in-a-scene-from-the-film-a-picture-id136564983

w.jpg

george-maharis-offers-documents-as-unidentified-men-watch-in-a-scene-picture-id136565033

3d4b20d81b474d2fccb2fcd73d9baa9e.jpg

002702a0_medium.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

86592636063569882634_thumb.jpg

7KUydKKZgm5sWVG0JPNIQSpuVPzKIov1-W6q9LrGwGb3d9izB_irpz8LQfPyrEeA7T_fYxJlyK5Qw5rpORA_eLujz8knzp-b_OA-XIxnsePN4U-2XD-ZcC97ItHX4c69H5hdVi4Xk_-H

Warner Archive released A Covenant With Death on DVD. Here's a clip from the film:

Neal, if you have TCM, you can add this to your Laura Devon marathon!

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Oh, that's too bad Neal! I've struggled to understand which TCM feed I have here, I think that TCM has two continental feeds, East and West, with identical programming most of the time. I compared your schedule with mine, and the ONLY difference for today was The Badlanders being slotted in where I have A Covenant With Death! But sometimes the dreaded 'rights' issue pops up on occasion too. With restrictions for different countries for instance. But I know that A Covenant With Death has been shown on TCM before, and hopefully it will turn up on your schedule soon! Hopefully Gunn will also appear, so we can see lovely Laura Devon's final acting gig too...

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Oh, that's too bad Neal! I've struggled to understand which TCM feed I have here, I think that TCM has two continental feeds, East and West, with identical programming most of the time. I compared your schedule with mine, and the ONLY difference for today was The Badlanders being slotted in where I have A Covenant With Death! But sometimes the dreaded 'rights' issue pops up on occasion too. With restrictions for different countries for instance. But I know that A Covenant With Death has been shown on TCM before, and hopefully it will turn up on your schedule soon! Hopefully Gunn will also appear, so we can see lovely Laura Devon's final acting gig too...
No worries. Appreciate you making me aware of this film and it's cast. I'm fairly sure I've seen it many years ago but of course have no recollection of it. GUNN is one flick I've been unable to locate anywhere, even for purchase?!! I'll record The Badlanders just in case there's a glitch in their schedule. Thanks!

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
TCM is airing the 1967 feature film A Covenant With Death tonight. (I'm in Mountain, where it airs at 8PM, so it must be 10PM Eastern) Starring George Maharis, Laura Devon, Katy Jurado, Earl Holliman, Arthur O'Connell, Sidney Blackmer, Gene Hackman, John Anderson, Whit Bissell, Kent Smith, Paul Birch and Wende Wagner!

Set in a border town in 1920s New Mexico, Maharis plays a judge presiding over a contentious murder trial. Not a great movie, but with George Maharis and Laura Devon it bears watching for fans of Route 66. Arthur O'Connell (From an Enchantress Fleeing), Gene Hackman (Who Will Cheer My Bonnie Bride) John Anderson (Shall Forfeit His Dog and Ten Shillings to the King) Whit Bissell (Black November) all appeared in Route 66 also, so the connections are many. The film is in color, filmed on location at old Santa Fe, and features the same Stutz Bearcat that later appeared in 1971's Bearcats!.
george-maharis-laying-next-to-laura-devon-in-a-scene-from-the-film-a-picture-id136564983

w.jpg

george-maharis-offers-documents-as-unidentified-men-watch-in-a-scene-picture-id136565033

3d4b20d81b474d2fccb2fcd73d9baa9e.jpg

002702a0_medium.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

86592636063569882634_thumb.jpg

7KUydKKZgm5sWVG0JPNIQSpuVPzKIov1-W6q9LrGwGb3d9izB_irpz8LQfPyrEeA7T_fYxJlyK5Qw5rpORA_eLujz8knzp-b_OA-XIxnsePN4U-2XD-ZcC97ItHX4c69H5hdVi4Xk_-H

Warner Archive released A Covenant With Death on DVD. Here's a clip from the film:

Neal, if you have TCM, you can add this to your Laura Devon marathon!

Randall, who is the screen cap between the b/w Getty images one of Maharis and Anderson and the color one of Maharis and Hackman? My mind isn’t working today.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Guys this forum is so dead tonight I had to come up with something really good. Well I did. Just found these two extremely rare clips of Todd and Buzz. I don't believe these have ever been seen anywhere!!

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I'll record The Badlanders just in case there's a glitch in their schedule. Thanks!
Neal, did you find A Covenant With Death on your TCM recording last night? I recorded A Covenant With Death as scheduled here. And it is the newer remastering in WS Cinemascope at 2.35 aspect ratio, brilliant colors and filmed spectacularly in the old Santa Fe New Mexico area. It's available on DVD from Warner Archive. I just sampled my DVR recording and will finish watching it soon. I know I've seen it before on TV years ago, where it was cropped to 1.33. Not a great movie by any means, even with that great cast, but still worth watching for it's unique collection of Route 66 players. Earl Holliman is the accused killer of his notorious wayward wife. But the story plays out slowly with romantic subplots and character development with it's large cast. Another theme is racial tension between Latinos and Anglos. The setting and scenery is gorgeous. And that includes the exquisite beauties of Laura Devon and Wende Wagner (who did the diving and underwater stunts as a stand-in for all of the gorgeous girls who came and went on Sea Hunt and Flipper) George Maharis gets to roll around with both Laura Devon and Wende Wagner!

Apparently, this film was Gene Hackman's big break. Noticed here, he was soon cast that same year in Bonnie and Clyde...and he was off to the races as an A-list star with one box-office hit after another going into the '70s...

Weird that the only difference in yesterday's schedule between your TCM feed and mine was having The Badlanders (a good movie from 1958 with Alan Ladd and Ernest Borgnine and Katy Jurado who is also in A Covenant With Death)
Randall, who is the screen cap between the b/w Getty images one of Maharis and Anderson and the color one of Maharis and Hackman? My mind isn’t working today.
Alan, I believe you're asking about Earl Holliman? The co-star on such shows as Wide Country and Police Woman. In the B+W Getty press photo, the man between George Maharis and John Anderson is Lonny Chapman.

Both Earl Holliman and Gene Hackman are still with us. Holliman just turned 93, and Hackman is 91! George Maharis just turned 93 about a month ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks