What's new

George Maharis (September 1, 1928 – May 24, 2023) Rest In Peace (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
One of my all-time favorites is gone. But what a wonderful and long life he had.

Thank you George for all the great memories. You will never be forgotten.

Route 66 S03E06 Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing (Oct.26.1962) [BR]-01.jpg

Route 66 S02E01 A Month of Sundays (Sep.22.1961)-02.jpg

Route 66 S02E04 Birdcage On My Foot (Oct.13.1951)-03.jpg

Route 66 S02E04 Birdcage On My Foot (Oct.13.1951)-04.jpg

Route 66 S02E04 Birdcage On My Foot (Oct.13.1951)-05.jpg

Route 66 S02E07 The Mud Nest (Nov.10.1961)-06.jpg

Route 66 S02E07 The Mud Nest (Nov.10.1961)-07.jpg

Route 66 S02E07 The Mud Nest (Nov.10.1961)-08.jpg

Route 66 S02E07 The Mud Nest (Nov.10.1961)-09.jpg

Route 66 S02E07 The Mud Nest (Nov.10.1961)-10.jpg

Route 66 S02E07 The Mud Nest (Nov.10.1961)-11.jpg

Route 66 S01E15 The Clover Throne (Jan.27.1961)-12.jpg

Route 66 S02E07 The Mud Nest (Nov.10.1961)-13.jpg

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Sorry to hear this, but he did live to a grand old age.

George Maharis represents the passing of yet another touchstone in our youthful collective television memories that we treasure. Of course, he will always be identified with his fine work in the seminal and prestigious TV road trip drama Route 66, one of my most treasured TV series in my collection (along with Herbert B. Leonard's and Sterling Silliphant's sister series Naked City).

Route 66, with it's lavish and eye-popping location filming, is the most exquisite coast-to-coast evidence on film of the lost world of Kennedy era America that you could ever see! And no TV series ever exceeded it's remarkable line-up of guest stars, directors and writers, principally Stirling Silliphant. And that smooth Jazz theme by Nelson Riddle!

With George Maharis, Martin Milner and Glenn Corbett, all the leads are gone, and so many of it's greatest guest stars...though a number of it's guest stars are still with us...Robert Duvall (as you pictured Neal, in the great S2 episode Birdcage on My Foot), Robert Redford, Gene Hackman, Jon Voight, William Shatner, Martin Sheen, Alan Alda, Bruce Dern, Ron Howard among the still living actors...

Vera Miles, Tuesday Weld, Anne Helm, Julie Newmar, Diane Baker, Barbara Barrie, Stefanie Powers, Zohra Lampert, Brenda Scott, Brooke Bundy, Lee Meriwether, JoAnna Pettet, Joey Heatherton, Veronica Cartwright among the actresses still alive with us...

George Maharis seen here in one of his greatest episodes of Route 66 (there are many that Neal and myself have featured in this show's dedicated HTF thread), S3's Ever Ride the Waves in Oklahoma? My screen caps from the Roxbury/Infinity DVDs...filmed on location at a pumpjack and derrick festooned Huntington Beach in summer 1962...
Route 66 5.JPG

Route 66 4.JPG

Route 66 7.JPG

Route 66 16.JPG

Route 66 20.JPG

Route 66 23.JPG

Route 66 24.JPG

Route 66 2.JPG

Route 66 28.JPG

This episode also features an uncredited and very young and somewhat pudgier Harrison Ford in his very first appearance on film. He has no lines, but does get a prominent foreground shot...
Route 66 70.JPG

Route 66 50.JPG

Route 66 52.JPG

Route 66 51.JPG

Thanks for the memories, George Maharis, R.I.P.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

George Maharis represents the passing of yet another touchstone in our youthful collective television memories that we treasure. Of course, he will always be identified with his fine work in the seminal and prestigious TV road trip drama Route 66, one of my most treasured TV series in my collection (along with Herbert B. Leonard's and Sterling Silliphant's sister series Naked City).

Route 66, with it's lavish and eye-popping location filming, is the most exquisite coast-to-coast evidence on film of the lost world of Kennedy era America that you could ever see! And no TV series ever exceeded it's remarkable line-up of guest stars, directors and writers, principally Stirling Silliphant. And that smooth Jazz theme by Nelson Riddle!

With George Maharis, Martin Milner and Glenn Corbett, all the leads are gone, and so many of it's greatest guest stars...though a number of it's guest stars are still with us...Robert Duvall (as you pictured Neal, in the great S2 episode Birdcage on My Foot), Robert Redford, Gene Hackman, Jon Voight, William Shatner, Martin Sheen, Alan Alda, Bruce Dern, Ron Howard among the still living actors...

Vera Miles, Tuesday Weld, Anne Helm, Julie Newmar, Diane Baker, Barbara Barrie, Stefanie Powers, Zohra Lampert, Brenda Scott, Brooke Bundy, Lee Meriwether, JoAnna Pettet, Joey Heatherton, Veronica Cartwright among the actresses still alive with us...

George Maharis seen here in one of his greatest episodes of Route 66 (there are many that Neal and myself have featured in this show's dedicated HTF thread), S3's Ever Ride the Waves in Oklahoma? My screen caps from the Roxbury/Infinity DVDs...filmed on location at a pumpjack and derrick festooned Huntington Beach in summer 1962...
View attachment 185259
View attachment 185243
View attachment 185233
View attachment 185238
View attachment 185244
View attachment 185234
View attachment 185235
View attachment 185237
View attachment 185236

This episode also features an uncredited and very young and somewhat pudgier Harrison Ford in his very first appearance on film. He has no lines, but does get a prominent foreground shot...
View attachment 185242
View attachment 185239
View attachment 185240
View attachment 185241

Couldn't have said it better myself, Randall.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

View attachment 185259
View attachment 185243
View attachment 185233
View attachment 185238
View attachment 185244
View attachment 185234
View attachment 185235
View attachment 185237
View attachment 185236

View attachment 185242
View attachment 185239
View attachment 185240
View attachment 185241

Thank you Randall. It's been a tough day for me. But I will always pay tribute to these wonderful folks who have brought us so much joy. They must never be forgotten, ever, and I won't. Some here just don't get that. Come this September 1st we will again celebrate his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks