What's new

Trying to decide what to order if anything on Amazon Prime Day (1 Viewer)

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I 'm usually not at a loss when it comes to deciding what DVD to purchase. Amazon is having their annual prime day and there are several items that are tempting. I'm considering backup copies of the Star Trek Sets which are the cheapest I've ever seen them. I'm also considering getting a backup of Murer She Wrote which is very cheap. Titles that I don't own include Father Knows Best, Route 66, Just Shoot Me, Hart to Hart S3-S5, Bob Newhart, and Adam-12. I'm Leaning towards Hart to Hart and Father Knows Best S6. Given that viewing preferences vary widely if anybody has a suggestion I would Greatly appreciate it. I did have some digital credits built up for not choosing two day delivery and ordered season 4 of When Calls the Heart which ended up being free.

Last edited:

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
I see that a lot of Gunsmoke, Bev Hills Hillbillies and Little House On The Prairie are very, very cheap. So, if you're into those kinda shows, go for it.

That price for the Murder She Wrote set is very, very tempting indeed...

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I see that a lot of Gunsmoke, Bev Hills Hillbillies and Little House On The Prairie are very, very cheap. So, if you're into those kinda shows, go for it.

That price for the Murder She Wrote set is very, very tempting indeed...

The only reason I'm hesitating on Murder She Wrote is there has been some talk that it might be released on Blu ray. I already have one copy but at that price the 63 discs cost less than a dollar each or $0.21 per episode.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
The only reason I'm hesitating on Murder She Wrote is there has been some talk that it might be released on Blu ray. I already have one copy but at that price the 63 discs cost less than a dollar each or $0.21 per episode.

That's what I'm thinking. Getting the Blu Ray set would be amazing, but I have a feeling that they're gonna charge a premium for it, and at $70 you can't really go wrong with this DVD set, especially if it's a safety.

Keep it sealed and if there's an eventual Blu Ray release, just sell it. I bet you'll be able to get most, if not all of your money back.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
That's what I'm thinking. Getting the Blu Ray set would be amazing, but I have a feeling that they're gonna charge a premium for it, and at $70 you can't really go wrong with this DVD set, especially if it's a safety.

Keep it sealed and if there's an eventual Blu Ray release, just sell it. I bet you'll be able to get most, if not all of your money back.

If you are a prime member it's an additional 20% off at checkout, that's about $56 for the set. The Blu ray set would be nice but to be honest I've been quite happy with the picture quality of the set.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I looked briefly but didn’t see too much for blu ray and UHd titles.

I did note a lot of the Star Trek titles were in sale.

I’ll be waiting till Black Friday.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I think I'd get that Bob Newhart all-in-one from Shout!-- IMO, it's far better than the 1982-90 Newhart, and is far better packaged as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks