What's new

Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time" (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The list was obviously made by people under 35.
The lack of westerns other than Gunsmoke and Deadwood (Questionable choice) as Howie pointed out invalidates this list more than anything.

More generally, at times I wonder how many of Rolling Stone magazine's old timers are still in the writers/reporters pool.

Or have all the old timers left (or been fired), and/or become editors + managers where they don't do much writing anymore.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I can't give people in their early 30s a pass on not knowing their classic TV.

We grew up in the classic era of TV Land and Nick at Nite, before they turned to crap. If you're at least 30, you should have some knowledge of the classics if only because of the first years of TV Land.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I can't give people in their early 30s a pass on not knowing their classic TV.

We grew up in the classic era of TV Land and Nick at Nite, before they turned to crap. If you're at least 30, you should have some knowledge of the classics if only because of the first years of TV Land.

Here's a counterexample to this assertion ^. :)

I'm older than the GenY + millenials demographics.

I was largely ignorant of the cable (and ota) channels which specialized in classic tv.

Up until about five years ago or so, the only "classic TV" shows I was aware of was stuff like Bonanza, Star Trek TOS, Gilligan's Island, and Get Smart. Otherwise before 2011, I would be hard pressed to name another "classic tv" show.

I only started buying a lot of dvds/blurays in 2011, which in the process I became aware of shows from the "classic tv" era which I was previously ignorant of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hford713
Recent bookmarks