What's new

Praise for CBS TV on DVD (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'd love to see "Trackdown" released on DVD. It's not a short series having 71 episodes, it's being shown for 3 years now on ME TV and the episodes have been restored, so there is no excuse not to release it. Also another great 50s tv series I would love to see released on DVD would be Tales of The Texas Rangers with Willard Parker, a great series with a twist, one week the episode would take place in the 1950's, the next week in the 1880s. The same stars would play in the 1950s episodes and then play their grandfathers in the 1880s episodes with out the automobiles and technology of the 50s. It, like Have Gun Will Travel was originally a popular Radio program.
Doug
Trackdown and Colt 45 are two westerns I'd like to see released . Tales Of Texas Rangers , Hotel Di Paree, and Johnny Ringo are others .
Does anyone remember Buckskin . Rarely mentioned here .

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I'd love to see "Trackdown" released on DVD. It's not a short series having 71 episodes, it's being shown for 3 years now on ME TV and the episodes have been restored, so there is no excuse not to release it. Also another great 50s tv series I would love to see released on DVD would be Tales of The Texas Rangers with Willard Parker, a great series with a twist, one week the episode would take place in the 1950's, the next week in the 1880s. The same stars would play in the 1950s episodes and then play their grandfathers in the 1880s episodes with out the automobiles and technology of the 50s. It, like Have Gun Will Travel was originally a popular Radio program.
Doug
Added! I read it was one of two CBS Western TV series to be co-produced by Four Star Productions; the other was Wanted: Dead or Alive. Trackdown was the only one of the two to have been distributed by Viacom from 1971-1994.

~Ben

Last edited:

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Tales of The Texas Rangers was produced by Columbia/Screen Gems, so that makes it a Sony Pictures Television property. With Have Gun Will Travel, it did not originate on radio, but rather, it made its debut on CBS radio in 1958, one year after the CBS-TV version premiered. It's a real pleasure to hear John Dehner in the role of Paladin on radio, just as good as Richard Boone's portrayal of same character on TV.

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
And I hope they will still release more short-lived series... many of those in my want list (including quite a few that were half-baked efforts done by Garry Marshall) have already been transferred to tape (TV Land reruns among them), or were already shot or edited on tape to start with, and - furthermore - some were even available on VHS in the 1980s-'90s, like...

11. The New Odd Couple

~Ben

Paramount should release a complete Odd Couple Collection:
Two Motion Pictures
All Three TV Series
One TV Movie

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Paramount should release a complete Odd Couple Collection:
Two Motion Pictures
All Three TV Series
One TV Movie

You think it would be packaged (should such a thing be released) like the deluxe Brady Bunch 50th Anniversary release (that had not just that ABC comedy of 1969-74, but the Brady Kids cartoon, the 1991 flash-in-the-pan Bradys series, et al.)?

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
You think it would be packaged (should such a thing be released) like the deluxe Brady Bunch 50th Anniversary release (that had not just that ABC comedy of 1969-74, but the Brady Kids cartoon, the 1991 flash-in-the-pan Bradys series, et al.)?

Yes, although they missed the 50th anniversary already. They could also throw in the 16 animated episodes of The Oddball Couple since that series was produced "in association with Paramount Television, and was distributed by CBS Television Distribution."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks