What's new

*** Official FOTR: Extended DVD Edition Thread (New packaging & Disc Artwork!) (1 Viewer)

Brenton

Screenwriter
After all, I MUST have "La Seignur des Anneaux: La Communatue de l'Anneu" scrawled right under the english title, all the booklets and menus bilingual, and the Alliance Atlantis logo stamped onto the head of the film!
Of course! Otherwise, French-speaking people won't be able to tell this one from Ernest Goes Straight to Video!
:laugh:

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Did anyone notice the pic at the top of the ezydvd site? The main cover is different from the american pics! The ones we have seen look like a book, and the australian pic has no end to it! Its hollow. This better just be a bad pic or something coz if they've made to different copies it would suck. Why cant they just leave dvds in one way...it really bugs me.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
From what we've seen I assume they are different - with the R1 version having a more book feel to it while the R4 looks a little 'thinner' in design, but from the angle we are given it is a little hard to tell. I am purchasing the R1 anyway (and its actually cheaper for once as well, especially the Gift Set).

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Brettis,
Although they aren't the cheapest online retailer, I stick by Amazon - I'm happy with they're customer service. But i'm sure if you searched around you could find better prices for this particular title.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
As far as I know, Amazon does have the best price. At least American anyway. $25.99.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Could be. I used to think that only Washington paid tax, but I remember people from other states mentioning that they paid tax as well. I can't remember which states, offhand.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Should I go ahead and pre-order this set? I'm wondering because I'm afraid there's going to be a B&M place that will have it for cheap. But then again, what if the box set is limited quantities, and there are scarcely any to buy come release date?

What do you guys think?

Florian B

Agent
But then again, what if the box set is limited quantities, and there are scarcely any to buy come release date?
There has been no word on any limitations until now. And why should New Line limit the availability of a title that might become one of the biggest selling DVD in history? To reduce profits? ;)

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
I bought a new TV for this movie. (Went from a 36" Wega to a 57" HDTV)

That's how insane I am.

There will be a dedicated shelf that will contain this set, the bookends, and my hard back 'collector editions' of 'There and Back Again' and 'The Lord of the Rings' my wife got me for my birthday.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Dome, I've observed that if the movie is in it's first DVD release, it tends to be carried by more B&M stores and normally leads to lots loss leading prices. Since the extended sets are smaller in quantity (compared to the first DVD release), there may not be as much discounting. Chalk it up to less quantity sales, higher pricing. Only the hard core guys like us will pick up any of the extended versions. But that's IMHO. One example was Star Trek II DC, same week as LOTR. I expected it to be in the $16 range, but the best price I could get it on release day was $18.

BTW, I preordered from Amazon. They had the lowest price from DVDpricesearch.com plus no tax and no shipping. Only problem is that I might not get it on release day as it's free super saver shipping.

Adam, the 5 disc set is basically the 4 disc set with an extended National Geographic documentary(?) disc and a set of bookends. I think there was a pic on page 2 or 3 of this thread.

Bob

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Then it's settled with the decision that I shall pre-order. I'm basing this decision on the fact that

1. Price difference is neglible (being a 2-3 dollar difference)

2. I can wait, and don't really care if I get it exactly on release date

3. Most importantly, ensure myself a copy.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Well, I wrote to Lexicon, and asked about the L7 tag on the current DVD.

I asked if this is something that is readily picked up by the Harman International products... e.g. the H/K's with Logic 7 (not just the 8000 either)...

Here's the response:

The disc has been processed with L7 encoded material
And Yes it can be decoded by our products and our Parent companies products

So... I might buy this disc after all. Has anyone with say an H/K 520 tried this in L7?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks