What's new

*** Official FOTR: Extended DVD Edition Thread (New packaging & Disc Artwork!) (1 Viewer)

Jay W

Supporting Actor
The Bits has posted a shot of the 4 disc extended DVD set.
Looks wonderful (as DanB pointed out the emphasis on FOTR in the title :)), color scheme and artwork is perfect!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Indeed, gorgeous. And as I said to you, god bless them for the emphasis on the Fellowship of the Ring title... perhaps now we'll see less reference to it being 'Lord of the Rings'... :)
I think we should start a dedicated thread for the expanded release, channel all discussion for the four and five disc sets here. It shall be so.
Dan

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
All discussion directed...an image similar to the one above but for the gift set can be found on page 26 (I think) of the DVD review thread. Just an FYI :)
Take care,
Chuck

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Chuck,

Given that existing thread is really for discussion of the two disc release, we'll take all future discussion of the expanded edition set here if we may. Other thread was getting too big. Jehan had my blessing to start this new thread...

Dan

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
It's a good thing that November is a long way off. Gives me time to decide between 4 and 5 disks.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Does anyone know of a way to induce a coma (with a designated wake-up date)? Imagine just slipping into sweet blackness tonight and being revived on November 12! After some brief physical therapy I'd be enjoying this DVD on what seems like tomorrow! That would be awesome!
Then I'd only have to wait a month for TTT!
Any ideas? ;)

Nick_Gray

Agent
Looks great, though I must say that I really wished they came in a sort of Red Leatherette (or even textured to look like leather - just so long as they look like the "Red Book of Westmarche").

Who knows, perhaps that is in store for yet another release of the complete trilogy? With PJ such a fan of both the books and DVD, one would assume he wants LOTR released this way...

Michael Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
I don't need the extra time to figure out if I am going to buy the 4 or 5 disc version...I need to figure out how to bury the cost so I don't hear any complaints from my significant other. I can just hear it now, "I can't believe you spent that much when you just bought it a couple of months ago!"

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I've seen other sets nicely packaged, but this one for me is the most beautiful and sophisticated. The color scheme is extrememly elegant.

The bookends look so solid...obviously, since they are bookends. But does anyone know just how heavy they are?

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Retail for 4-disc set is $39.99, but like many other new release/preorder, you'll find street cost much lower. For example, bestbuy.com currently has the 4-disc preorder price listed as $27.99.

Bill Hunt

Insider
Something else you guys should know... I've been told by the DVD producer for this title that the 4-disc sets for the next two movies have already been planned to the hilt as well. What this means is that when you eventually have all 3 4-disc sets on your shelf, they'll have a comprehensive look, and all the content is designed to integrate perfectly. So you really will have a DVD encyclopedia on the creation of this trilogy.

Joe Woj

Agent
Looks great, though I must say that I really wished they came in a sort of Red Leatherette (or even textured to look like leather - just so long as they look like the "Red Book of Westmarche").

Who knows, perhaps that is in store for yet another release of the complete trilogy? With PJ such a fan of both the books and DVD, one would assume he wants LOTR released this way...
I think NL is going for a color coded scheme of sorts. Green seems to be the color of choice for FoTR, while it looks like we can expect Black/Grey for TTT and prolly Blue for RoTK.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm curous about the 5 disc box - I take it that it isn't designed for the next two films to fit in? Does that mean matching box sets for the other two with more book ends or...? Also, what is the white booklike thing?

I'm getting the box version, but am hoping that it is very sturdy and that the complete trilogy matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks