What's new

*** Official FOTR: Extended DVD Edition Thread (New packaging & Disc Artwork!) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
We're gonna need to automatically go to the menu at the beginning of disc two in case we're watching one of the commentaries... unless DVD players can remember that a particular commentary is on. Is that possible?
Not to mention that the Dolby Digital track will most certainly be the default track, so you DTS fanatics will have to access the menu regardless:)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Thanks, but I didn't ask, Neil Joseph did. I was just saying that I saw them on theonering.net so people wouldn't have to wonder if these were just made up or something.
They are so damn cool that you'd hate to let yourself think they are genuine article only to find out that they're a hoax. Know what I mean? Providing the sorce when you post this type of info/pictures will help the more paranoid amoung us to relax and enjoy. ;)
Back to drooling.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yes droolworthy......:emoji_thumbsup: (Where's that drooling smiley when you need it?)
mmmmm my LOTR shelf will look great in 2004 with all the various dvd editions.:)
And only a few months to go for part deux...

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Oh My God!!! Nov, can't come soon enough.
I'm just amazaed at the obvious love and care that the people involved seem to be pouring into this movie. And to think, they are going to do this for each movie.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I don't have sigs enabled. Slows the loading of pages down too darn much. But I take it you were trying to say Pat is the person who send it to theonering? Thanks Pat!

Again, cool. It's just that people are always gong to question where this kind of stuff comes from when it is posted and providing the source for stuff like this when posting would be nice. Especially if you're getting it directly from New Line.

I'd love to see more of these menu shots. Patrick, do you have any more, or was that all New Line sent you?

Brenton

Screenwriter
I'm trying to read that full list of specs, but I think I've gone cross-eyed.

Note a closer look at the new front cover!

I have faith in these guys. They were the first ones to post the international artwork for the Back to the Future trilogy, a loooong time before anyone else.

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, this looks so great, I'm at a loss of words...
But I do hope the canadian version wont have its cover screwed up like the two disc version! :angry:

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
[sarcasm]
Gee, I hope Alliance will french up this beautiful looking box set up here in Canada. After all, I MUST have "La Seignur des Anneaux: La Communatue de l'Anneu" scrawled right under the english title, all the booklets and menus bilingual, and the Alliance Atlantis logo stamped onto the head of the film! Why, when I give this to my grandkids, they better think this is a cereal box!
[/sarcasm]

Jason

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I agree Neil - this trilogy is going to end up getting it's own dedicated shelf.

What a beautiful and classy set!

derek

Second Unit
Can someone tell me if the full 'Two Towers' teaser 'trailer' that was included at the end of the later film prints of LOTR will be included in the 4 disc set??? I'm surprised not to see it on the 2 disc release (they do have clips of it in the TTT preview but not in full I don't believe.) Will we have to wait for TTT DVD release to get it?

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
Derek,

The preview for the TTT that was attached to FOTR prints will not be released in any format (although they used several parts in their new trailers), your only chance to see it was in the cinema.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah...it was just there as a bonus, and a reason for the fans to see it at theaters one mroe time.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
$0.75?!?!? Is it a special or something or will it always be like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks