What's new

*** Official FOTR: Extended DVD Edition Thread (New packaging & Disc Artwork!) (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
What this means is that when you eventually have all 3 4-disc sets on your shelf, they'll have a comprehensive look, and all the content is designed to integrate perfectly. So you really will have a DVD encyclopedia on the creation of this trilogy.
Bill, thanks for the insider's peek. Have they been reading my mind?

I'm going to have to set aside a special budget, shelves, and time for all of this extravaganza. I really have to commend New Line and Peter Jackson...they've set the paradigm when it comes to pleasing their fans.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I know now why the 4-disc/5-disc editions don't feature all the stuff from the 2-disc.
While I'm pretty sure all the trailers and TV-spots will be there, the rest of the material is really boring. I'm glad I have it just for having the theatrical cut. I'm more inclined to get the 5-discer now...
Is that a moth flying out of my wallet? :D

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Something else you guys should know... I've been told by the DVD producer for this title that the 4-disc sets for the next two movies have already been planned to the hilt as well. What this means is that when you eventually have all 3 4-disc sets on your shelf, they'll have a comprehensive look, and all the content is designed to integrate perfectly. So you really will have a DVD encyclopedia on the creation of this trilogy.
Great news!:)

Brenton

Screenwriter
While I'm pretty sure all the trailers and TV-spots will be there, the rest of the material is really boring.
:laugh: I agree with you 100%! That's why I only rented the theatrical cut.
Actually, the trailers and TV spots might not be on this release. Can anyone help me out? Either way, I don't mind. Once is enough.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I think I will create a seperate shelf just for The Lord of the Rings DVD's and use the bookends to hold them up. :D
What What....Do I hear my wallet yelling for help??

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Well, the 4/5 disk sets will definitely not have a trailer for the 4/5 disk set. :D And by that time, TTT will only be a month away. Besides, the 2-disker was intended for the mass audience who may (or may not) be aware of TTT.
The 4-disk set is meant for those who already know we're going to see the TTT (and would already have our tickets for opening night we if we could). Why include a trailer for a pre-sold audience?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Gimme! Gimme! I gotta have that 5 disk set!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Sorry I couldn't add anything more intelligent to this post but there is too much drool in my mouth right now.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I asked this in the 2 disk thread but didn't get an answer Re: The Argonath Bookends - How is the quality of Polystone? Is there a possibility that they could end up partly broken through the mail? Causing a lot of angry people? Or is the material strong?

Frank L

Stunt Coordinator
If those are true that's awesome... that's an Alan Lee painting if I'm correct. Looks good.

We need more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks