What's new

Newbie Question, Maybe (newbie to Projection TV) (1 Viewer)

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
I'm getting my Sony 57WV600 Delviered tomorrow.

I'm trying to get the room ready.

I have been looking around a bit, guessing where to put stuff, etc.

Then it struck me.

Do I need to worry about the magnetics of my Klipsch Reference RF3s, or can I put them right next to the sides of the HDTV?

Thanks

Tom

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Tom,
I must admit ignorance as to whether those are floorstanding speakers or bookshelf units on stands, or even whether or not they're shielded.

The tubes in your new set are arranged side by side in the center, pointing upwards, and the tops of them are a little below the bottom edge of the screen.

There's probably at least a foot and a half between the outboard tubes and the sides of the tv cabinet.

I have the KP57HW40 Sony with bookshelf speakers on stands about a foot from the side of the set, at a height about even with the center of the screen, and a sub right next to the right side of the set on the floor. All of these speakers are shielded, and I see no magnetic interference.

If your speakers are shielded there should be no problem whatsoever. If not, I'd try to get them a foot or so from the sides of the set, which would give you a total of about a yard between the speakers and the tubes themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks