What's new

MotoGp2 League for the HTF (1 Viewer)

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
After 3 hours play, I'm having a great time with MotoGP 2. Great graphics and controls, sound is also top notch. Having surround sound (with a rear center) really helps, as you can pinpoint where people are behind you without having to look backwards.

The Xbox Live integration is very cool, it really raises the bar for titles to come. Even offline you can match up your best race times against people on your friends list. Invites show up on the bottom your screen and you can pause and jump to the friends list at any time.

The main friends list shows what games people are playing (*cough* patch Mechassault *cough*) and you can join games your friends are playing without an invite.

You can customize every aspect of your racer and bike and can earn points through challenges to upgrade your stats. I definitely have to put more time into practice to learn the courses and upgrade my bike!

I'll see you guys on the race track!

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
hwshi,

I have an order for Moto GP 2 and Inside Pitch 2003 on Future Shop's online website and they still
have Moto GP 2 as Shipping In Progess but they havent shipped it yet, how lazy is that?.
They are usually pretty fast. Inside Pitch they still dont have stock so thats ok but if Moto GP 2 is in stock why not ship it to me considering Ive been waiting for them to get stock since like Tuesday. That is pretty bad service if you ask me. How hard is it to ship stuff now really?. ok I need to calm down but It's just that I've been waiting to play Moto GP 2 for a while now and I was planning on playing it this weekend. I don't want to wait til monday now. Im thinking of just going to where they ship it from and just picking it up if they ship it.

-Mike

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
To those that have been doing the challenges...how in the flying f$#@ do you complete the last few of them on Sheridan??

"Hold a corner", "Obsticals" and "Perfect Lap" are pissing me off to no end. Spent the last 4 hours just trying to do those 3 challenges, didnt get one of them done.

Do you have to use a 4-stroke bike to complete them?

Steve Blair

Second Unit
no prob Joey as we were about ready to go play wolfenstein anyway. It was great fun racing last night. Now we just have to get more people from the HTF on there! Speaking of challenges, how bout' that first training challenge on the Megalo? track? I tried it for an hour last night and still havent' beaten it. Talk about frustrating!

hwshi

Stunt Coordinator
michael thanks for the tip, but i got mine at ebgames at eaton center last night.hopefully you will get your's soon!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
There were like 10 HTF people playing motogp 2 during the night so next time they are on ill let them know about the league. hopefully more people pick it up this weekend

capt

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Oh, the humiliation of it all. Now, my wretchedness at this game is available for public display for the whole world to see.

My only consolation is knowing my lap times can't get much worse than they are now. My bike and the gravel have become fast friends. Man, there are some wicked turns in this game. You need more than just good reflexes and mine were shot ages ago. I did get a kick out of when my little rider raised his fist in anger when a couple of cpu bikers bumped him. That was a nice touch.

I'll try to get online this weekend. In a three lap race, I can probably avoid getting lapped if I don't kiss the pavement too often. But, basically against some of the times I've seen posted by you guys, I'll be racing with an empty track in front of me most of the way.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I have decided to try switching my controls. I am finding it difficult to control the 4-stroke bikes in corners. I was using "A" for acceleration and "B" for brakes, but I think that is part of the problem. It is too hard to maintain a constant speed using those buttons.

I changed acceleration to the right trigger and brake to the left, seems to be easier in corners now. I can ease off the gas now, and can hold the proper line much better in corners.

Of course, getting used to the new controls is gonna take some time...my lap times arent any faster yet.

What do you guys use? Also, manual or automatic? I am using Auto now, tried manual for a bit and found that I am not nearly good enough to juggle gas/brake/shifting at the same time. Maybe in time...

Jeff

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I picked up MotoGP 2 this afternoon, and am loving it so far.

WHile those training missions are taxing my nerves, I'm having a ball with the season mode and the usual online play.

If anybody doesn't have me on their buddy list, please add me, I'm always up for a game if I'm online.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
scott ill add you back onto my list scott, or just send me a friend invite. My darn friends list is almost full. I hope they make it bigger later in the year.

capt

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
scott ill add you back onto my list scott, or just send me a friend invite. My darn friends list is almost full. I hope they make it bigger later in the year.

What's the cap, I've heard it's 100. That's not enough to list all the guys here. I was on last night, and I saw a few of the htf guys listed as being online, but it wasn't anything I could join. I guess, if you're just in practice or challenge mode which I consider to be offline, motogp2 still considers that to be onlne. Hmmm?

I got in 2 hours of online with a friend from another forum, so that was interesting, actually hearing somebody in person you only know from posting. This is the first play session I bothered with the voice communicator and it certainly does add to the social aspects of gaming. They're some funny guys out there.

I brought up the rear of the pack most of the session. However, I began to realize that my lack of skill and experience weren't the only culprits for my anemic outing. My custom bike with no stats wasn't helping matters any. Going to have build them bike stats up. Good news was that with all that practice I managed to knock 8 seconds off my best time on that first track. I'll be on again tonight to see if any of htf crowd are out there.

Thanks to thro and odie de dawg for adding me to your friends list.

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
Peter (nice name!), don't bother using your custom bike online until it is built up pretty far. I made the same mistake and did not compete very well, then I started using Capriossi (sp?) and did much better.

Since you log onto Xbox live right when the game loads, you are considered online even if you are playing single player. I think it's a pretty cool feature, but you can make yourself appear offline in the options if you just want to do single player without distractions.

Also, do not get too concerned about your world ranking until you've gotten times on all of the tracks (including the Sheridan bonus track). I went from 3800 to 1400 yesterday by just racing on 3 tracks that I didn't have unlocked. If you don't have Sheridan, jump onto an HTF game, a lot of us have it unlocked now. You get it unlocked if someone hosting selects it and you finish with a decent time.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Peter (nice name!), don't bother using your custom bike online until it is built up pretty far. I made the same mistake and did not compete very well, then I started using Capriossi (sp?) and did much better.
Actually, being at the back of the pack isn't such a bad place during those first turns. There was always plenty of carnage to witness as I putt-putt past. It's good advice but I got my logo with my nickname and everything on my bike, so I'm going to work my way up slowly but surely. Maybe when I'm racing the guys here, I'll switch over to a pre-made bike. It just seems like such a wuss thing to do.

With up to 16 riders in a race, nobody seems to mind a few stragglers like myself although it does get pretty lonely back there. it's pretty pathetic when you get excited because you can see exhaust fumes ahead of you. I did okay in the turns but when the guys hit a straightaway, they all pulled a speedy gonzalez on me, arriba, arriba!!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah i was using my custom bike online. today i used another bike on the tracks i never played and I didnt do so bad.

capt

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
Oww, my hands hurt after that 2 hour session! We did all 17 tracks and I managed to set a bunch of personal bests. Lots of fun playing with your guys!

See you later on tonight.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
What do you guys use? Also, manual or automatic? I am using Auto now, tried manual for a bit and found that I am not nearly good enough to juggle gas/brake/shifting at the same time. Maybe in time...
You just have to force yourself to use it, and not give up. It takes some getting used to, but once you do you'll find the control over your bike (especially while powersliding) will be worth it. The actual speed difference between Auto and Man is less in GP2, but it's still very worthwhile learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks