What's new

MotoGp2 League for the HTF (1 Viewer)

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Teams might work best. Given the pretty big difference in skill levels, it might help to even things out.

Either teams, or some kind of handicapping system...

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Jeff, with you around, I agree teams might be the best bet. I was looking at some of your scores last night, getting into the sub-1000 range pretty regularly now I see.

Impressive :emoji_thumbsup:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ive gotten a lot better at the game . But i havent played online in a bit so my rank has climbed by like 3000 .

capt

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I haven't been connected to live for over a month now. Just out of curiosity, what did they do with the scoreboard and servers for MotoGP1? Is that whole deal gone now that 2 is out?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Tom: I still cant seem to master Mugello, but I did switch to hard tires and took 1 second off my Mugello time, and 2.5 seconds off my Suzuka time! The NSR really flies with hard tires, nearly as fast as the RC but with much better cornering.

On Mugello, do you powerslide the last right hand turn (the one before the easy chicane)? I think that turn is the one that is killing me. I can get a 51.x second split time, but still finish around 1:36.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I have a question on rankings. How the hell do these things work. I had an absolutely terrrible run on Sepang last night while I was online, I think this is maybe the second time I've ridden this track. Anyway, I was so far behind by the second lap that I quit the race and headed to the lobby. When I got to the lobby, my ranking which had been 5800 or something dropped to 4307. HUH?! WTF?! How'd that happen. How did I move up 1500 spots with one lap? I don't get it.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
The rankings are based on your personal best lap time on each track, with the overall ranking based on your overall time of your PBs added up.

There are two possibilities for your scenario. Either you set a PB on that one lap that you did (possible since you say you've only run it once). You could have easily jumped up 1500 spots if you had not previously set a valid time on Sepang as a track without a time set is equal to (I think) 5 Minutes added to your overall time. So even if it took you 3 minutes to get around the track, you would have taken 2 minutes off your time.

The other possibility is that the overall scoreboard had gotten a bit behind (as it tends to when there is a lot of activity) and it had just got itself caught up while you were racing.

Or maybe a few thousand people decided to reset their scores at the same time. :)

EdR

Second Unit
Hmm, I was wondering about the overall times too. I seem never to get any closer to (or farther from) the other people in my friends list. I've raced every track except Sheridan now, I'm in my second season in Champion mode, and yet I'm not moving relative to my friends.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
So far, has there been anyone cheating and getting those dreaded "glitch times" like in the 1st game?

Also, a question for those of you who ride crotch rockets in real life: does the engine really only start to wind out in the higher gears?

I've driven a manual tranny on my cars for 17 years. It revs high in every single gear if you push it that far. A serious gripe I have with GP2, and it's sound, is that when in 1st, or 2nd gear, wound all the way out, it sounds like an engine bogged down as if you were riding around in 5th or 6th doing 10 mph. Know what I mean? Why isn't there the high pitched whine through the 1st few gears, when you're at the rev limit?

For the life of me, I keep missing gear shifts because when downshifting quickly coming into a hard turn, then upshifting as I accelerate out, if I'm not paying VERY close attention to the gear shift indication, I'll forget to upshift because I don't hear the tell-tale whine of a gear that's hit it's rev limit.

Is this an oversight on THQ's fault or do these bikes, somehow, really work that way?

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
For anyone that has completed the "Perfect Lap" challenge, please post your bike settings.

I am 1 point shy of maxing out my rider, just spent 3 hours straight doing nothing but the Perfect Lap. I have probably spent about 8 hours total on it, still cant get it.

Even when I run a good lap, I am 1 - 2 seconds short. That is without hitting any barrels... I am having a hard time staying at top speed with my NSR, due to the wet track.

I have tried it with the NSR and RC with default settings, but dont even come close.

Currently I am running an NSR with Hard tires, suspesion at 8 (front) and 10 (rear), high gears, 1400 wheelbase.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
btw, dropped Mugello down to 1:28.2 with the setup described above, so it must be decent.
I lowered my front suspension to 8, and dropped 1.5 seconds off my Motegi time, and 1 second off Assen today. Both of these were in qualifying rounds. Hopefully when I go back to Time Trials and spend some more time on each track I will drop more time.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I seem never to get any closer to (or farther from) the other people in my friends list. I've raced every track except Sheridan now
As stated, racing Sheridan could drop your overall time by a few minutes at least. I dropped over 1000 positions after setting a time for Sheridan.

You can set a time and even unlock by racing online.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Also, a question for those of you who ride crotch rockets in real life: does the engine really only start to wind out in the higher gears?
The sound of the bikes has been one of the biggest criticisms of the game. I think they should be more how you expect them to be, or even how they were in the first game.

RayKk

Stunt Coordinator
I also noticed the sound in the game was not as good as GP 1 but it could be done deliberately now don't quote me on this or anything but it is possible the sound was affecting some people, I have a friend who could not take the sound on GP 1 for more than 1 hour of play, for some reason certain people can not take certain pitches for along time and that is a possible reason they toned it down maybe they where trying to accommodate them, I dont have any problems with the pitches.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
If that were the case, they (Climax) probably would have mentioned it on the PlanetMGP. I think the real problem was that they didn't have the access to any of the bikes to record sounds that they would have liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks