What's new

MotoGP2 and Inside Pitch Leagues-If Intrested read (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Hello everyone. Since i havent seen dvdguru or scarpad latly i thought id get these going as well. If you are intrested in joining either league do the following

For Inside Pitch. E-mail me at [email protected] with INSIDE PITCH LEAGUE SIGNUP in the subject. Give me your htf name, gamertag and e-mail address in the body. Also the team you would like. We will try to do it on first come first serve basis. I think there are like 6 people who wanted in the league so we could get it up right away if we want.

For MotoGP 2 e-mail me at [email protected] with MOTOGP2 LEAGUE SINGUP in the subject with your htf name, gamertag and e-mail address in the body.

So you know i didnt have motogp 1 and dont know how they ran leagues for it. Please let me know how it works. Did they have teams of 4 and then the total time was taken or was it individual?

ALSO IF you are not on enough to play DO NOT sign up :)

capt

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
YGM, I'd like to join the MotoGP2 league.

I agree, it wouldn't be much fun for everyone if it was everyone solo. Perhaps teams can be formed based on the world rankings? That way the teams will be matched as far a skill level goes. We sure wouldn't want Graeme and Tom V on the same team :)

Once everyone has enough points to get a decent custom bike, each team could use the same color scheme and logo on all of their bikes like the real racing teams do.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
The only thing about that world rankings thing is. If someone doesnt play online for 3 days they jump a ton of spots :)

capt

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I've signed up, but I am concerned that I may need to drop out if the time for the races that's decided on doesn't work for me (as most of the Group events tend not to).

There's all sorts of ways that the league could be run, and I know that the ones that are out there all run a bit differently.

We could either do it where members from one team races another team, and then based on the total championship points collected by the team in the races, are given a win, loss or tie.

Or you could have members from all the teams in races and simply keep a running total of points scored.

As for seeding the teams, you could do it based on their ranking. Your ranking does drop if you don't play, but that's not just because you haven't been playing, it's because people are passing you and getting better while you aren't playing. The relative rankings of people in the league shouldn't change all that much. Although I would insist that everyone in the league have at least set a time on each track before seeding the teams so that it isn't all out of whack.

PlanetMGP has been using a scoring system similar to the first one I mentioned (with 6 members from each team) for it's current season, with each matching consisting of 4, 5 and 10 lap races. For season 3 they are using a combination of all team and team matchup races. We, obviously, want to keep it a bit simplier, as it will be difficult enough getting everyone together (their teams have over 40 members each).

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Maybe 3-6 player teams...with each team needing to have their members fall into a summed ranking window? Like if we did 4 players per...the overall ranking for all 4 players would need to be between 9000-10000(at the start of our *season*). So if you had one guy that was 1000, then the other three would have to be (on average) about 3000 each?

TV

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm interested in Playing Inside Pitch as the Red Sox. But how would we play the games? If they were one match a week then that's something I could swing.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Graeme what time are you available?
Well, the problem is that my schedule changes weekly. I don't tend to get a lot of opening shifts, so the earliest I'm usually home at is 7PM Pacific, and most group events start an hour earlier than that. Wed-Fri odds are that I'm at work till 9:30 PM Pacific.

I've been getting Saturdays and Tuesdays off a lot lately, but that could change at any time.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
We will probably do teams for MOtoGP so im pretty sure you can schedule 10 PM EST games since motogp2 dosnt take very long to play

capt

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I signed up for both of these leagues a while ago. Will I have to sign up again Joey?.
Im just wondering if these leagues changed too like the Wolfenstein Tournamanent did since Tuesday.

-Mike (MMM)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Mike im gonna try and get these things going as well. Just drop me a Pm so i have ya down for both

capt

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I know there are more of you out there for Motpgp and inside pitch then this :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
So far we have 8 people for the MotoGP2 league. i know more then that wanted in. So guys sign up

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks