What's new

Pre-Order Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1 (4k UHD) (4k UHD SteelBook) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Have review copies of the disc gone out to reviewers yet?

I would be curious to know what bonus features the final disc has on it as opposed to any digital exclusives.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
At least they put it right there in the title. Some films just let it be a surprise.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I actually felt like this film did a really good job of feeling like a full experience even though it also leaves things open for the second half. Ethan accomplished enough in this movie that I didn't feel like it was wasted, even though there is obviously more to come.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Have review copies of the disc gone out to reviewers yet?

I would be curious to know what bonus features the final disc has on it as opposed to any digital exclusives.

Paramount titles don't typically hit online critics until pretty close to street, so I wouldn't expect these for another couple weeks.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just opened up my Blu-ray copy of the film. It is a two-disc set, including a second disc which is just for special features. So I can confirm that there are at least some extras included on the physical release and they aren't all exclusive to the digital version.

The back cover says, "Over 30 minutes of special features! Commentary by Director Christopher McQuarrie and Editor Eddie Hamilton. Plus, go inside the incredible stunts, exotic locations and more!"

I haven't loaded the special features disc to go through everything yet though.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Part 1 & 2 “crap”? I really don’t und this concern?
As has been discussed a lot regarding films this year, some people have expressed their frustrations at storylines being split over multiple films instead of being resolved in a single movie.

I love Dead Reckoning and have no problem with the decision to tell a larger story here. But I can understand why others might feel differently.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
You mean a problem like with Godfather’s II and III?
You'd have to ask someone who think it is a problem to clarify their stance. It was not a problem to me with Dead Reckoning and I don't want to speak to what other people's concerns are. They can, and have done, a good job of speaking for themselves.

You can also read the preexisting discussion around Dead Reckoning that has already been posted in this thread and in the movies forum earlier this year.

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I can understand the displeasure at seeing recent films that have stories that are split over two movies. I saw the most recent Fast and Furious film on blu ray and I went in not knowing the story or any info about it. I felt the film ended unsatisfying ly. I wasn’t expecting the cliff hanger too.

I did not feel this way with Back to the Future 2, maybe because I knew there would be a third part. It ended the main story well, but then I was left wanting to see the third part.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Studio executives expected the film to do well so it's only natural to try to strike gold twice by splitting the storyline up into two chapters, except the film was kind of a box office disappointment so now they're talking about not assigning a number to the next installment. At least that's what I've heard.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
My problems with the film being titled Mission: Impossible: Dead Reckoning: Part One are...

1) The ridiculous number of colons is a grammatical nightmare.
2) As cineMANIAC mentions, The Hollywood Reporter claims that, due to this one's box office disappointment, the studio is now planning to give the next one a completely different title - which will leave the Part One here a bizarre anomaly in the series.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
One of the annoying things about modern Hollywood movies is that nothing can have a satisfying ending anymore - it has to set up the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks