What's new

MotoGp2 League for the HTF (1 Viewer)

RayKk

Stunt Coordinator
Peter its Goggles Pizzano (RayKk), you already invited me to your list and I accepted.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Need advice here. How do I get a decent start on a wet track without all that wheelspin. Also, have the veterans here played with their bike settings at all. Are you going for firmer tires and suspension setups or just leaving the settings default. I'm finding with the default settings that my bike gets a little squirrelly down a long straightaway at top speed.

On a side note, doesn't it strike people as odd that a great racing title like motogp2 hasn't been reviewed by IGN or Gamespot? I mean, if IGN can find the time to review Finding Nemo and the apparently incrediblly awful Stake, don't tell me they can't find the time to review Motogp2.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
How do I get a decent start on a wet track without all that wheelspin
Map the acceleration button to one of the triggers, that way you can ease on to the gas.

I have the left trigger set to brake, and the right trigger set to accelerate.

Or you could use the right thumbstick, but I found that to be very awkward to use

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, got any tips for champion difficulty? After trying many times, I finally won the first track, by all of 0.07 seconds.

It seems like the AI is out to get me now, they "attack" me on the corners causing me to crash all the time.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Map the acceleration button to one of the triggers, that way you can ease on to the gas.

I have the left trigger set to brake, and the right trigger set to accelerate.

Or you could use the right thumbstick, but I found that to be very awkward to use
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kind of like the front brake/ rear brake setup with the two triggers. But, I forgot about the right thumbstick for acceleration. I'll give that a shot.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Jeff, got any tips for champion difficulty?
It took me 2 hours to beat Suzuka on Champion. 3 hours for Pharika.

After that it got easier. I think I did 4 or 5 tracks in about an hour or 2.

You are forced to run very near the perfect line in order to compete in Champion. And the AI doesnt make any real mistakes. I found the best way to win was to qualify first and change the races to 1-lap. That way you only need to run 1 perfect lap instead of 3.

If you can stay ahead of the AI bikes, you can make a few minor errors and still win. They wont pass you unless you stray from the racing line or really screw up. I found that if I just stayed on line, I could usually keep the AI at bay. But just a minor error, and 7 or 8 of them would pass me in a heartbeat.

The AI will still slow down a bit too much in corners, not as much as on Pro, but enough that you can come from behind to win if you hit the corners just right.

On Pharika I found that if I was in the top 3 going into the last long straight-away I could sometimes pass the AI bikes on the 2nd to last turn. They slow down alot coming off that straight. Get right in line behind them and just sneak past, breaking a couple of feet late for the turn.

I re-ran all the races in Champion last night, because you have to complete them all in a single season to unlock Legend. I am getting so that I can usually win a Champion race in 3 to 5 tries on most tracks.

Legend is gonna take a long time to complete. To qualify in the pole position on Suzuka, I need to take 3 seconds off my best lap time. I ran it for about an hour today, and just can seem to improve. I am gonna try going back to a 2-stroke bike...

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Also, have the veterans here played with their bike settings at all. Are you going for firmer tires and suspension setups or just leaving the settings default.
I've been fooling around with them a little bit the last few days and have found a few things that can hel quite a bit.

I'm sticking with soft tires as the speed advantage that the harder tires give is practically negated by the amount of spin that they create. Plus it's much easier to take corners sharper with the softer tires.

The top times that you see on the scoreboards with the NSR have, for the most part, been done with the following setup.

Tires: Hard
Gear Ratio: High
Both Suspension: 10
Wheelbase: 1400

This in combination with using the rear brake exclusively has allowed the top riders to powerslide around corners more sharply and at faster speeds than was possible before.

It's quite unstable though, I tried it out and was falling all over the place. While the suspension helps to keep you stable at high speeds, the Wheelbase is too small for most people to keep up (but it allows you to take the turns very tighly).

This morning I tried a slightly modified version on Jerez with soft tires, and the Wheelbase two clicks to the right. With this setup I was able to do things on the NSR that would have been impossible in MGP.

I could now take the long sweeping corner before the long straight in 6th gear and without slowing down as much as before. The 2nd left after the straight away hairpin can now also be taken in 6th, where I used to take it in a 5th gear powerslide. If I had put it all together I probably could have shaved 2 seconds off my time... put I kept screwing the laps up somewhere and managed to only chop off about a half second.

Another good example are the final 2 corners on Sachsenring (after the downhill straight). The first corner there can now be powerslid quite easily in 6th, where I had just learned to take it in 5th last week in MGP1. The final corner can easily be slid in 4th (at least, maybe even higher), which used to be an almost guarenteed crash before.

The 4 strokes are a little tougher, and people are still trying to find a competitive setup for them. I would suggest bumping the wheelbase up quite far. I put it up all the way with the NSR last night, and I don't think I could have lost it in a Powerslide if I had tried.

RayKk

Stunt Coordinator
Guys Im having trouble unlocking Sheridan, I have no hair left and considering self mutilation, one of the stunt tracks I am missing the finish line by just a few feet and cant seem to get the bike through it, what the f*** am I doing wrong also what is the best controller out there for shifting, it looks like the S controller would be best due to the location of some buttons I can map too, is this right if so let me know and I will go buy one, IM still using the original controller.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Peter - my 'Live service is disconnected while I finish all the work on my home theater I'm putting in downstairs. My Xbox is stuck upstairs on the dinky little 35" tv. :frowning:

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Ray:

Add me to your friends list. I am probably gonna be online most of the day and evening. I have Sheridan unlocked. I can host a game, and if you finish it in under 1:30 seconds you will unlock it. That is how alot of people here unlocked it...thanks to Sub Human for sharing it with us!

Jeff

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
Ray, check out my post a page back for tips on the challenges. I got Sheridan thanks to Sub Human as well, but I am only one challenge away from unlocking the elusive Sheridan INTRO VIDEO!!! :)

Derrik, no Xbox live connection? The horror! Hope to see you online soon for some racing.

Jeff, thanks for the tips. I don't feel so bad knowing it wasn't just me who struggled at first with the champion mode. Did you use a 2 or 4 stroke when you did that difficulty?

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Did you use a 2 or 4 stroke when you did that difficulty?
I was using the honda 4-stroke.

I have since switched back to the Honda 2-stroke. Using the settings posted above by Graeme (but with Soft tires), I am getting better times. You have to powerslide most corners, you can really knock time off your laps. I did Pharika on Legend in 3 tries. Powersliding the first corner will give you a .2 - .3 second lead. Each corner after that you can build a little more of a lead by sliding.

I havent figured out how to properly powerslide on all the tracks yet...I am stumped on Mugello. I see other HTF'ers with 6+ second better lap times on Mugello...

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>I havent figured out how to properly powerslide on all the tracks yet...I am stumped on Mugello. I see other HTF'ers with 6+ second better lap times on Mugello...

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Use hard tires/high gears.
Tom: I still cant seem to master Mugello, but I did switch to hard tires and took 1 second off my Mugello time, and 2.5 seconds off my Suzuka time! The NSR really flies with hard tires, nearly as fast as the RC but with much better cornering.

On Mugello, do you powerslide the last right hand turn (the one before the easy chicane)? I think that turn is the one that is killing me. I can get a 51.x second split time, but still finish around 1:36.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I'm having problems with the tight right hander too. Right now I am trying to powerslide it in 2nd...staying within a hair of the inside grass. If I have a great time going and don't want to chance it...I'll just downshift and coast thru in second.

With a 51xx split...you should be in the 133 range just coasting thru that though. Once you do get thru it is WOT(wide open throttle) unit the last left hander and you can slide that in 5th, never dropping

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
How is the league gonna work? Is it team-based or solo? It should be a good time for sure.

I am really knocking down my lap times using the NSR. Hard tires, suspension both at 10, high gearing and 1400 wheelbase. I set an amazing time on Pharika today, ranked #280 on that track!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks