What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Avatar: The Way Of Water (4k UHD) (Digital) (1 Viewer)

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
When the thread's been there for more than a decade and was started by the guy who owned the board, seems like you might notice.

But hey, if you wanna continue to defend an ill-informed complaint, rock on.
Rude is rude and I don’t care who it is I’ll call it out and which is far from complaining. And I f you had bothered to look up my history you might have noticed I don’t live on HTF. End of story and I’ve moved on.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sorry, did I miss the announcement for the Avatar 2 UHD? The information in the OP is for the Digital release

Nope, you didn't.

Looks like they are going to run with a digital release for now and then release the 4k/3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray at some future point this year.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Avatar: The Way of Water 4K just showed up in my iTunes account (I had preordered it). That was faster than I expected!

Mark

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Be aware that there is currently a porting issue with this title between Movies Anywhere and both Prime Video and Google/YouTube. MA is aware of the issue and is working to get it resolved ASAP.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Spoilers?
Yes, spoilers. Your review reveals several details about the story that I, having not yet seen the movie, wasn't aware of. Specifically, regarding Quaritch and Grace. I would have preferred to discover them as the film unfolded, but by the time I realized what I was reading it was too late. I went in looking for your opinion about how the 4K streaming version looks and got more than I bargained for.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
All TVs in the future should have the 2.35:1 aspect ratio because so many film are in that aspect ratio.
I think we’re more likely to see TVs with a 2:1 AR, owing to the number of streaming shows and theatrical films now using that ratio.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I think we’re more likely to see TVs with a 2:1 AR, owing to the number of streaming shows and theatrical films now using that ratio.

Many smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices already have screens of or around a 2.00:1 aspect ratio.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

THE NUMBER ONE DIGITAL MOVIE IN THE WORLD,
AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER, CELEBRATES EARTH DAY
WITH AN IMMERSIVE ART EXHIBITION – THIS WEEKEND ONLY –
AT THE LIGHTHOUSE ART SPACE IN LOS ANGELES*

*TO RESERVE FREE TICKETS, VISIT:
https://bit.ly/Avatar_Immersive

BURBANK, CA (April 20, 2023) – To celebrate Earth Day, and the continuing global success of James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water, a new immersive art exhibition will take place for one weekend only at the Lighthouse Art Space in Los Angeles.

On Saturday April 22 (Earth Day) and Sunday April 23, the Lighthouse Art Space, famous for its immersive Van Gogh exhibition, will be the venue as Disney and Lightstorm Entertainment offer a very special experience where fans can step into the stunning world of Avatar.

Combining the groundbreaking technology of the Lighthouse’s experiential art exhibits and the remarkable Oscar® award-winning visual effects of the film, this immersive exhibition will showcase some of the most stunning visuals featured in Avatar: The Way of Water. Additional elements of the event will include props and costumes from the film as well as life-size Na’vi statues.

James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water is currently the number one digital movie in the world and available exclusively at all digital retailers including Apple TV, Prime Video, Vudu, Google Play and Movies Anywhere.

The Art of Avatar: The Way of Water
An Immersive Experience

Lighthouse Art Space Los Angeles
6400 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Date:
Saturday, April 22 (Earth Day) & Sunday, April 23
Time: 10-6pm PT

To Make A Reservation, visit:
https://bit.ly/Avatar_Immersive

Price:
Free to the public

PXL_20230415_023005779.jpg
PXL_20230415_031004184.jpg

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
The Way of Water has been available in my iTunes account since March 27 and I *still* have not watched it yet.

Now I'm asking myself why I even bothered to pre-order it. Each time I've sat down with time and motivation to watch a movie, I look at the running time for the film and end up picking something else to watch.

I guess I'll eventually get around to seeing it.

Mark

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Way of Water has been available in my iTunes account since March 27 and I *still* have not watched it yet.

Now I'm asking myself why I even bothered to pre-order it. Each time I've sat down with time and motivation to watch a movie, I look at the running time for the film and end up picking something else to watch.

I guess I'll eventually get around to seeing it.

Mark
I watched this movie in 3-D at an IMAX theater. I quite enjoyed the movie despite its length and an unruly toddler that was seating a couple of rows in front of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks