What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Most disappointing abandoned dvd series (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Add me to the list of folks disappointed over the Krofft stuff not being finished.

Also, I you can add me to the list of folks praising CBS/Paramount. I have spent more on their TV releases than any other studio in the last six months. Keep up the good work CBS.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
My list is

Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Bob Newhart Show
Police Woman
Hill Street Blues
One Day at a Time
Maude
and the one that I wish We could get finished or re-issued is

JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truly Outrageous!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
My biggest heartbreaker is...

THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW

Followed by...
THE BOB NEWHART SHOW
ALL IN THE FAMILY
NYPD BLUE

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Green Acres
Maude
Petticoat Junction
The Nanny
Picket Fences
Night Court

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I don't know. I own the Andromeda Slipstream collection, which consists of 50 DVDs in a boxed set (two DVDs per case in twenty-five slim cases).

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Very disappointing to hear that there were 35mm prints of THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN that went unused. I thought the overall presentation of the DVDs were pretty good (except for the STOLEN COSTUME episode) but the color shifting in the color episodes did get a bit distracting and there were some isolated and needless edits. The official Warner line was that ownership changes, poor preservation, etc. made getting good quality elements problematic.

It still boggles my mind how different the theatrical and tv divisions of WHV are.

On the theatrical forum there has been discussion about how Sony supposedly only sold 12,000 units of their recent THREE STOOGES - Vol 1 two disc collection of restored shorts presented chronologically. Sony was said to believe these sales to be adequate for the genre and they've seen announced a second volume. Does anyone know what kind of numbers a TV set has to move to be considered a success and ensure subsequent releases? Let's assume that there are no costly music issues or other abnormalities that would drive the cost higher than usual. It's been said that each subsequent season tells about 50% of the level of the prior so I would assume that the starting base has to be pretty high before a studio will commit to starting work on future seasons.

Scott+W

Agent
The Bob Newhart Show
Dharma & Greg
Growing Pains
Knots Landing
Leave It to Beaver
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Simon and Simon

also, no word yet on:
Falcon Crest * Designing Women * The Ropers * Three's a Crowd * Grady * The Sanford Arms * Sanford * and (in my dreams) Days of our Lives :-

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

At least you got SOMETHING of The Six Million Dollar Man. It's MIA in North America.

Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I know it is in the public domain, but I wish SOMEONE would find out who owns the original negatives to the 1950s Dragnet, and put out season sets of the show. The public domain releases are just frustrating.

Doug

BobSchneider

Second Unit
wow that could be a long one. But kojak, nypd blue, adam 12, Have Gun Will Travel, no decent rifleman season set, mccloud, possible the thrid season of Ironside , the list gets longer and more depressing, but those are just a few.:frowning:

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
While there are several series that I'm disappointed they've beeen abandoned,my top three would have to be Taxi(still no news on season 4),Charlie's Angels and The Fall Guy.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I don't think there's anything yet, that indicates "The Fall Guy" has been abandoned by Fox, it's simply too soon to say. Personally, I don't think it has.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
what about Tracey Takes On... and Resurrection Boulevard what happened to those

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i was hoping that the second AMAZING STORIES would make it out someday; but it is looking doubtful....but i keep hoping.

MTO

Agent
Real Name
mark owens
The Partridge Family- they even remastered Season 3 but never released it!

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank

Only about half the episodes are P.D. And Universal does have the master elements. But they have NEVER done anything with the show. They only bought the black and whites to take them off the market when they produced the color series. But they have never done anything with it in the 40 years they've had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks