What's new

Anyone else disappointed in the 2018 Holiday Season TV shows on DVD & Blu Ray Announcements? (1 Viewer)

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
Warner Archive has been pretty busy releasing “Step by Step”, “Alice”, & “Perfect Strangers”.

I would like for them to complete “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper”.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
If the reboot only lasts one season, then probably not.

I haven't watch ANY reboot — not Hawaii Five-O, not Magnum, not Roseann, not The Fugitive, not The Night Stalker, not the James Bond "imitation Bourne" films with Daniel Craig. I did see the first Star Trek picture that was billed as a prequel (and was a pretty good one), not a reboot. Once they got into this alternate universe abandoning all that had gone before, I dropped them.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Unfortunately this creates a catch22, where if there's too much uncertainty about a show not continuing or the later seasons turned weird or into garbage, I'm less likely to buy the bluray. The movie company might not release subsequent seasons on bluray, if the current/past seasons' bluray sales were abysmal.

For example season 2 of Taken wasn't released on bluray, while season 1 was on bluray. (For that matter, season 2 of Taken wasn't even released on dvd).

With that being said, the only current tv show which I might possibly look into on bluray would be Blindspot. The bluray version is already on shaky ground, considering the season 3 bluray set was only released on Warner Archive. (Seasons 1 and 2 bluray sets had wide general releases by Warner proper).

I don't know if this show will last further than the current season 4. NBC dumped it into the friday night death slot last year (season 3), and is currently still on friday nights. (ie. Declining ratings, show not owned by NBC/Universal, etc ....).

This is one of the few shows which I'm still watching with my full attention. Usually when a show turns into crap, I usually end up watching episodes playing on the tv in the background when I'm at home. (For example, this is how I watched stuff like The Big Bang Theory, Blacklist, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, etc ... over the past few years). Watching the current episodes in the live broadcasts with my full attention, is a "test" I use to determine which shows are still "watchable" for me.

If Blindspot is canceled after this season 4, I'll be keeping an eye to see whether Warner proper ends up releasing a complete series bluray set later in 2019. If they don't, then I probably won't bother buying Blindspot at all.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Maybe Head Of The Class season 5 and after that it's completed. maybe getting close to continue releasing The Fall Guy Family The Rookies Police Story on my tsod want list and unreleased tsod sets such as Unhappily Ever After The Steve
Harvey Show The Hogan Family Empty Nest are getting tsod sets in december 2022.would be a true cinderella story.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Head Of The Class season 5 and after that it's completed. maybe getting close to continue releasing The Fall Guy Family The Rookies Police Story on my tsod want list and unreleased tsod sets such as Unhappily Ever After The Steve
Harvey Show The Hogan Family Empty Nest are getting tsod sets in december 2022.would be a true cinderella story.
But why are you digging up threads from 5 years ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks