What's new

JVC Announces Free HDR Features Upgrades for Current D-ILA Projectors (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have the NX7 which has served me fine and I have no plans to upgrade to laser anytime soon. The cost is just exorbitant.

I do want to say that I am really proud to be the owner of a JVC projector. The picture performance has been nothing short of stellar.

I am also very proud of the support that JVC has offered with these upgrades.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Everyone was wondering if / speculating that JVC would release a new firmware update. I’m looking forward to reviews to learn if this is marginal or a leap forward in HDR image processing.

We seem to be nearing the evolutionary end of projectors, with prices skyrocketing but image quality and hardware features improving only incrementally.

Maybe this new software will counter this view.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I am also very proud of the support that JVC has offered with these upgrades.
I'd love to upgrade my 2017 DILA to laser but it's still running fine and is a crowd pleaser.

The price is prohibitive and the HDR doesn't seem to be getting any closer to OLED quality. I'd say prices need to drop by a 3rd to get me to upgrade...

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
JVC quietly released an interim update for the D-ILA line which they say improves HDMI connectivity. I installed it a few days ago and it does seem to improve the dreaded handshake delays. Can't wait for this major update in November. The incremental laser control alone makes it exciting.

GeorgeHolland

Stunt Coordinator
JVC released v3.00 firmware.
  • Second Generation Frame Adapt provides improved Dynamic Tone Mapping for HDR images with high peak white information in the image.
  • The laser light source adjustment can be finely adjusted according to the environment and user preference*2
  • USB backup function can be used to save and rewrite all user OSD settings at one time.
https://www.jvc.com/global/support/download/pj202203_firmware/

New calibration software has been released as well. PJ Calibration13 v1.20

Added SpyderX2 Ultra/Elite to the supported sensors.

Supported projector software version v3.00 or later.

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/download/pj202111_calibrationsoft-dl.html

With an RS3100/Radiance Pro calibrated system I am leaning against the update and understand there wouldn't be a performance advantage since I use the Lumagen for DTM. I also use a DCR and never change modes and run both SDR and HDR with the filter at medium laser with plenty of brightness.. With the latest Lumagen HDR dynamic tone mapping firmware updates, my viewing experience is amazing. I don't know how it can get better but I expect Lumagen will find ways to keep improving. For those without an external video processor, the update looks promising.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Always glad to see new firmware features out. While this doesn't help me presently with my NX7, I'm hoping to upgrade to a used NZ7 / 8 or to the next gen models maybe coming next fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks