What's new

Price Adjustment Brings JVC BLU-Escent Laser Technology To a Wider Audience (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
$10,000 is a real psychology price barrier to me, especially for a luxury tech item. Getting the NZ7 solidly under that, not just $9,999.95 for $8,999.95, feels significant. Even with tax, it’s still under $10k. I’m still really unsure what I’ll do when I upgrade in two years. But I can think more realistically about an NZ7; I’d basically written it off before. And for me this takes the NZ8 out of consideration. I’d love to have it, but the price/value is worse now and for me doesn’t fit my present personal HT budgeting desires.
I completely understand this sentiment and did a lot of deliberating back and forth before going with the NZ8. Having owned the 8 for awhile now, I suspect I would have been "satisfied" with either model as both were significant upgrades over my Epson 6050, which was no slouch itself. Laser projectors are amazing, simple as that. The one thing I'll say about JVC though, is be completely at peace with whatever model you chose because mounting these things is no joke. I think I'm still in pain. :cool:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have no doubt the NZ8 is great. I think my NX7 is fantastic, and would love to upgrade already to reduce fan noise and sync time.

I also think I’ve got a couple more projector upgrades to go, and am not yet ready to go all out on the final ultimate upgrade. :)

And I also be looking at the used market for NZ7 or NZ8 when the next iteration comes out, presumably in a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks