What's new

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've been watching this since it posted but can't take advantage at this point, having just spent a huge amount on a new center channel speaker. Maybe it could work for you, assuming the guy is on the up & up.
New, unopened NZ7 that is in super short supply and legit buyers can’t get from legit retailers? :oops::rolleyes::huh:

Yeah, no. :)

Also, JVC warranties don’t transfer to a second owner (from what I’ve read).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve looked at the used sales for NX7 and NX5. The prices are tempting. But I‘m not constitutionally equipped to spend $5000, sight unseen, for used consumer electronics with no warranty.

Some people are ok with that risk. And more power to them, saving big money on great gear. But not me.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I’ve looked at the used sales for NX7 and NX5. The prices are tempting. But I‘m not constitutionally equipped to spend $5000, sight unseen, for used consumer electronics with no warranty.

Some people are ok with that risk. And more power to them, saving big money on great gear. But not me.
I'm in the same camp as you. If I were interested I'd definitely need the S/N as shown on the product and then contact JVC for their take.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I'm in the same camp as you. If I were interested I'd definitely need the S/N as shown on the product and then contact JVC for their take.
Good luck with that.

AVS Sales, has the RS2000 in new sealed box with warranty for $5500. This is a killer deal. I have 1 RS4500 in sealed box for $12,700 (retail price $29,999). I also have new RS2100, RS3100 and RS4100 units.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Good luck with that.

AVS Sales, has the RS2000 in new sealed box with warranty for $5500. This is a killer deal. I have 1 RS4500 in sealed box for $12,700 (retail price $29,999). I also have new RS2100, RS3100 and RS4100 units.
AVS Sales? Do they have a web page? I can find no such company, in the AV space anyway.

EDIT: I figured this one out on my own. :cool:
1659491236372.png

Also, how can any JVC projector [sealed or not] be sold with full warranty online? JVC appears to expressly forbid it.

Direct from their site:

JVC projectors are occasionally sold by online by unauthorized resellers, be aware that the JVC projectors these unauthorized resellers offer:

• May be refurbished rather than new;
  • Might not include all accessories;
  • May not be eligible for all aspects of our JVC warranty;
  • Might not include a valid United States warranty;
  • Could be a model not meant for sale in the United States;
  • Could be counterfeit.
For these reasons, consider making your JVC projector purchase from a one of the selected JVC authorized online dealers listed below.

• BestBuy.com
  • Crutchfield.com
  • Abt.com
  • AudioAdvice.com

Thank you for visiting JVC.com. We hope you enjoy your buying experience!

Last edited:

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Also, how can any JVC projector [sealed or not] be sold with full warranty online? JVC appears to expressly forbid it.

that is not what the JVC site says. It says
projectors are occasionally sold by online by unauthorized resellers
then it makes recommendations....
The vast majority of JVC PJs are sold by independent dealers. Unfortunately JVC will not put these dealers (including myself) on their site unless they have a full time show room. If in doubt just ask the dealer for verification of their status of being an authorized JVC dealers. I send emails to JVC all the time asking JVC to confirm for a customer. Never an issue.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN

that is not what the JVC site says. It says
projectors are occasionally sold by online by unauthorized resellers
then it makes recommendations....
The vast majority of JVC PJs are sold by independent dealers. Unfortunately JVC will not put these dealers (including myself) on their site unless they have a full time show room. If in doubt just ask the dealer for verification of their status of being an authorized JVC dealers. I send emails to JVC all the time asking JVC to confirm for a customer. Never an issue.
Thanks Gregg. I hope you know my previous comment was not intended to question your credibility. I didn't even know you offered projectors for sale until now. Statements like the one on JVC's site can be intimidating to consumers like myself trying to ensure we do not have warranty or other support issues down the road.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi John. No worries. Yes, it is frustrating for companies such as my own. Basically it is JVC catering to the "big guns".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.