What's new

Price Adjustment Brings JVC BLU-Escent Laser Technology To a Wider Audience (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

image_processing20230905-1426210-cpz0w6.jpg

Price Adjustment Brings JVC BLU-Escent Laser Technology To a Wider Audience​

07 September 2023

LONG BEACH, CA, September 7, 2023 – JVC Kenwood Corporation today announced a price reduction for its DLA-NZ7/RS2100 home theater projectors, bringing the company’s renowned BLU-Escent laser projection technology to a wider audience than ever before.

Effective today, the suggested retail price of the Procision Series DLA-NZ7 and Reference Series DLA-RS2100 is $8,999.95. They feature JVC’s proprietary 8K/e-shift technology that enables the input and display of 8K high-definition images, while JVC’s BLU-Escent laser light source reproduces images with amazing precision and dynamic range on large screens. They also offer JVC’s Frame Adapt HDR, which analyzes HDR10 images on a frame-by-frame basis and performs optimum tone mapping, and Theater Optimizer which performs optimal tone mapping according to the installation environment.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
All true, starting today, JVC's NZ7 is on sale with a $2,000 discount, so now $8,999 all in and delivered nationwide.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Is this what you have?
Since I was buying what I hope to be my "end game" projector, I chose the NZ8 at the time. If I had it to do
over again at this price??? I dunno.. That's a lotta cheddar.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Since I was buying what I hope to be my "end game" projector, I chose the NZ8 at the time. If I had it to do
over again at this price??? I dunno.. That's a lotta cheddar.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF
This is a higher model than you got?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is a higher model than you got?
The NZ7 is lower model than the NZ8 that he bought.

NZ8 in Canada is basically 21000. I think he was saying it might have been a harder decision to pick the NZ8 if the 7 had been selling at this new US price point. The 7 in Canada was 14000, now 12.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I missed the NP5 dropping to $6k. This keeps the 5 and 7 sensibly separated. But those two now make the 8 and 9 look even more outrageously expensive.

I paid $4k cash for a used NX7 one year ago last week. This $6k NP5 is surely putting pressure on the used market — I’d be harder pressed to buy a used NX7. Or, maybe a used NX7 is now priced at $3000? (Unless you want mine, then it’s definitely worth $4k :D )

$10,000 is a real psychology price barrier to me, especially for a luxury tech item. Getting the NZ7 solidly under that, not just $9,999.95 for $8,999.95, feels significant. Even with tax, it’s still under $10k. I’m still really unsure what I’ll do when I upgrade in two years. But I can think more realistically about an NZ7; I’d basically written it off before. And for me this takes the NZ8 out of consideration. I’d love to have it, but the price/value is worse now and for me doesn’t fit my present personal HT budgeting desires.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I paid $4k cash for a used NX7 one year ago last week.

JVC isn't doing themselves any favors with their cryptic naming conventions. So the NP5 appears to be a lower cost model which includes HDMI 2.1 [HDR10+] support while the NX7 has much better contrast but lacks HDMI 2.1? I'm sure those aren't the only differences but that's what stood out to me. Given this choice, I'd have gone with the NX7 as well, especially at the price you were able to score. This factored highly in my decision to go with the NZ8 over the NZ7.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
JVC isn't doing themselves any favors with their cryptic naming conventions. So the NP5 appears to be a lower cost model which includes HDMI 2.1 [HDR10+] support while the NX7 has much better contrast but lacks HDMI 2.1? I'm sure those aren't the only differences but that's what stood out to me. Given this choice, I'd have gone with the NX7 as well, especially at the price you were able to score. This factored highly in my decision to go with the NZ8 over the NZ7.
NP5 is the direct successor to the NX5. I think it’s also reasonably seen as the lower cost lamp version of the NZ7.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Love the NP5 and the new promotional sales takes off $500 so the NP5 is now on sale for $5,499, all in and delivered Nationwide with a free spare bulb via the main in rebate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks