What's new

New JVC D-ILA Projectors Significantly Increase Brightness & Add 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP2.2 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[COLOR= rgb(102, 102, 102)]DALLAS, October 15, 2015 – JVC today announced a new line of custom installation projectors with models that are nearly 50 percent brighter than current JVC projectors. Two (2) FULL SPEED 18Gbps HDMI inputs with HDCP2.2 provide connection to the latest 4K UHD sources with support for up to 4096 x 2160 resolution, including HDR and 4:4:4 color sampling. Additionally they deliver highest in-class brightness and the industry’s highest native contrast ratio.[/COLOR]

The projectors’ performance boost is driven by a new high-power lamp and upgrades to JVC’s unique e-shift4 technology, a combination that delivers high brightness and superior 4K precision images.
JVC’s 2016 projectors are the Procision Series DLA-X950R, DLA-X750R, and DLA-X550R and the Reference Series DLA-RS600, DLA-RS500, and DLA-RS400.
The main features for the new JVC D-ILA projectors are:
1. Highest brightness in class* delivered by a new high-power lamp
The combination of the new 265W high-power lamp and the D-ILA device allows the new JVC projectors to produce images with greatly increased brightness compared to previous models.
The JVC D-ILA imaging device has a narrow pixel gap to provide high light efficiency and pixel-free, film-like images.
DLA-X950R/RS600 1,900lm (+46%)
DLA-X750R/RS500 1,800lm (+38%)
DLA-X550R/RS400 1,700lm (+30%)
This makes it possible to light up even larger screens or deliver the additional intensity needed for installations with higher ambient light.
*Class=Custom Installation Projectors USA Priced between $4,000.00 and $10,000.00
2. 18Gbps FULL SPEED HDMI Inputs with HDCP2.2
With the current expansion of 4K streaming and the next generation Ultra HD Blu-ray, JVC has incorporated of the latest HDMI/HDCP2.2 standard on both HDMI inputs. Two (2) HDCP2.2 copy protected devices can be connected at the same time. These latest HDMI inputs are capable of handling data transfer rates up to 18Gbps, which can deliver full spec native 4K signals such as 4K60p 4:4:4, 4K60p 4:2:2/36bit and 4K24p 4:4:4/36bit. Adding expanded color sampling and higher frame rate capability enables the viewer to enjoy a more visually satisfying movie experience.
3. Industry-leading Contrast Ratio
JVC continues to offer the industry’s leading Native contrast ratio of 150,000:1
(DLA-X950R/RS600). This is achieved by combining a new optical engine optimized for usage with the JVC D-ILA device and the high power lamp. JVC’s user-selectable Intelligent Lens Aperture further boosts Dynamic contrast to 1,500,000:1.
4. HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatibility on all models
JVC’s inherent high native contrast, expanded color gamut mode* and higher brightness lamp enable HDR content compatibility. *DLA-X950R/RS600 and DLA-X750R/RS500 only.
5. Evolutionary JVC proprietary e-shift4 technology
JVC's e-shift4 technology provides clear 4K precision (3840x2160) images by shifting pixels diagonally 0.5 pixels at rate of up to 120 Hz, multiplying the resolution. JVC’s 2016 projectors further improved clarity with e-shift4 technology that is specifically optimized for the combination of 4K60p compatibility and high brightness.
6. Motion Enhance – Newly developed blur reduction technology
The new JVC projectors incorporate a new technology called Motion Enhance. This technology minimizes motion blur significantly by optimizing the drive of the D-ILA device and works in combination with Clear Motion Drive. Motion Enhance is also compatible with 4K and 3D signals to give a smooth and detailed image for a variety of scenes.
7. THX 3D Certification (DLA-X950R/RS600, DLA-X750R/RS500)
THX 3D Certified Projectors deliver 3D movie experiences with the stunning clarity, detail and accuracy found in the filmmaker’s studio. Superior 2D performance is also mandatory for THX 3D Display certification. During the THX 3D certification process, more than 400 laboratory tests are conducted for performance on accurate color reproduction, cross talk, viewing angle, video processing, and more. This certification promises the consumer the highest level of quality and performance.
8. Auto Calibration Function* to optimize the picture
All 2016 JVC projectors offer an Auto Calibration Function* that can, with the use of a widely available third party optical sensor, automatically calibrate the image to optimize the picture for various environments. In addition, this can also compensate for the changing color balance that occurs with long-term projector usage so the projector can continue to deliver optimal performance.
*To use the Auto Calibration Function a JVC approved optical sensor, exclusive JVC software, PC and LAN cable are required.
9. Control4 SDDP
All 2016 JVC projectors include Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Discovery Protocol) so they can easily be integrated into a Control4 home automation system.
Other Features
  1. JVC's original Real Color Imaging Technology delivers rich accurate colors. (DLA-X950R/RS600 and DLA-X750R/RS500).
  2. Six-axis color management on all models.
  3. 12-point manual gamma adjustment function is now incorporated inside the JVC calibration software.
  4. Onboard Screen Adjust Mode with an expanded list of screens from a variety of manufacturers which easily optimizes color and performance.
Optional Accessories
Lamp PK-L2615U
3D RF Emitter PK-EM2
3D RF Glasses PK-AG3
The 2016 JVC D-ILA projectors will be available in November at the following prices:
DLA-X950R/RS600 $9,999.95
DLA-X750R/RS500 $6,999.95
DLA-X550R/RS400 $3,999.95

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Wow, this leaves me with more questions than answers.

Is the RS400 fully capable of 4K source to screen or is it an upconverter? Is this the first 4k PJ under $4k?

Is it custom install only or can I buy one?

You have to have an external emitter for 3d? Can I use standard bluetooth glasses with it or do they have to be JVC proprietary glasses?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wow, this leaves me with more questions than answers.

Is the RS400 fully capable of 4K source to screen or is it an upconverter? Is this the first 4k PJ under $4k?

Is it custom install only or can I buy one?

You have to have an external emitter for 3d? Can I use standard bluetooth glasses with it or do they have to be JVC proprietary glasses?
Wait till you see pricing. The 500 is going to be worth the price difference.

The blurb I saw(for wholesalers) was a tad more in depth...but it appears HDR isn't actually in the 400. It is "compatible with". I hope I read it wrong...as I wasn't the only one questioning it.

But the step up features of the 500(differences in zoom/lens shift) will make it almost no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread