What's new

If the rumors are true, iPhone 5 looks like a DUD! (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ron is thee a simple link to those videos you could post?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Pretty sure this is the only thing that would make ron reconsider the Dud moniker this year:
http://allthingsd.com/20120909/insane-but-great-the-iphone-5-with-rubberband-electronics

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by DaveF /t/319622/if-the-rumors-are-true-iphone-5-looks-like-a-dud/270#post_3971374
Sam, I've long long labored under the impression you were about 30 years younger ;)

Of course, you might think I'm a two dimensional cartoon character...
I guess that would make me a Wesen.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
http://reseller.co.nz/reseller.nsf/inews/iphone-5-expert-predictions-and-the-challenges-ahead
There's not a lot of stuff that hasn't been rehashed already, but this one part caught my eye:
Wiens: I think Apple's new maps app is a disaster. If I can't get bicycle directions or transit directions on my phone, and there isn't a replacement Google Maps app in the App Store, I would switch to Android. Google Maps app is one of the best, most proven mapping technologies in the world. It doesn't look like Apple really gets maps yet.
Very. Interesting.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm a fan of Google Maps as well. Although indications are that Apple is going to their own solution, I thought word was that Google Maps will be available on the App Store as a separate download. Is that no longer the case?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah, cause walking and bike directions are killer features.
I've been using the new Apple maps for 2 months now, it has replaced my use of TomTom. It's that good. Tied into siri it is a game changer for hands free use.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/319622/if-the-rumors-are-true-iphone-5-looks-like-a-dud/270#post_3972904
Yeah, cause walking and bike directions are killer features.
I've been using the new Apple maps for 2 months now, it has replaced my use of TomTom. It's that good. Tied into siri it is a game changer for hands free use.
If your use case isn't like Sam's, you're doing it wrong. Some people want walking and bike directions? What a bunch of whiny jerks.Get a car and a clue.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Best of both worlds. Apple will add them eventually. In the meantime you'll be able to download a Google Maps app and G will be able to flood you with ads. Wait, what?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
This will be a great post-Steve test with regards to his ability to have "one more thing" up his sleeve. Recall that prototype of the 4 that was out there pre-release? Where Steve actually joked about "some of you may have already seen this..." but then he still managed to unveil some new surprises despite the fact that most people had already seen the prototype. Hopefully Tim Cook & Co. have something up their sleeve which will still drop jaws despite the fact that we may have already seen the finished product.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks