What's new

I Love Lucy SEASON 6 (1 Viewer)

brad_Y

Auditioning
Hi,

Brad here. I am bringing this post up as a reminder that Gregg Oppenheimer needs our help finding Season 6 films, 16mm, 35mm, tape, etc................. We can make this one great too...... I am searching for stuff, "How about you"

Heres what Gregg posted, (in 2 places)

From Tom Watson, at LucyFan: [email protected]

CBS/Paramount Home Video have decided to continue production of their I Love Lucy DVD series -- and have convinced producer Gregg Oppenheimer to continue with the project through Season Six. (Gregg had originally planned to "retire" once the Season Five boxed set was released in August/September of this year.)

Gregg, however, may need our help tracking down some of the "missing footage" included in various episodes broadcast during the sixth season. Many of the California-based shows, for example, were repeated -- with new Connecticut-based "flashbacks." Unfortunately, CBS does not have copies of this material. If anyone has copies of these shows -- on 16mm film, VHS tapes, etc. -- please contact me with all pertinent information, and I will pass it along to Gregg. With all our help, the Season Six set can be as rich and wonderful as Seasons One through Five!

From Gregg Oppenheimer in a post at LucyFan: [email protected]

I'd like to hear from anyone with a 16mm or 35mm network print (or a VERY HIGH QUALITY videotape) of ANY Season 6 episode that includes the ORIGINAL commercials and/or animated transitions and/or show opening and/or closing credits, whether or not there is a "flashback" scene. And please contact me soon, because we're already starting work on Season 6.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
This sounds good, but you know collectors are never happy.

The thirteen episodes leading up to and set in Connecticut were rerun in the summer of 1960 (Sundays at 10PM, EDT) as "Lucy in Connecticut." It would be nice to see how the opening and closing credits looked for that show.

What's of greater importance to me as an obsessive collector is:

Will the DVD series continue with what has come to be known as "The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour"?

These originally were specials called "The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show," and the first one was 75 minutes long. I don't believe it's been seen in its entirety for almost 50 years!

A collection of the adventures of the Ricardos and the Mertzes can never be called "complete" without the twelve hour-long (and one 75-minute long) episodes! The ones with Danny Thomas and Tallulah Bankhead are, in my opinion, the two best scripts Lucille Ball ever had.

brad_Y

Auditioning
Hi Joe,

I have heard that they are doing the Comedy Hours after they finish Season 6, Depending on the sales for the DVD sets, so far. I am confident that they WILL release the Comedy Hours...... And they SHOULD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're as big a Lucy fan as I am, you'll hope that The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, and Life With Lucy are released too, but personally, I wouldnt hold my breath........ I am just glad to have ILL lovingly preserved on DVD, I sure hope they do LDCH's.

Yeah, I have never seen the Lucy In Connecticut intros, That would be neat too.....

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Thanks for the info, Brad!

I'm so old I remember watching "Lucy in Connecticut" when it was first on. I was so young (and dumb) I thought it was a new series!

As a great fan of Lucille Ball, I would like everything she did to be on DVD. Of course, "The Lucy Show" changed (mostly for the worse) after the third year -- and "Here's Lucy" had some bad episodes (and some good ones, as the great DVD set of that show demonstrates) -- but these shows were all great hits in their day and I haven't given up hope that they'll eventually make it to DVD. Of course, 30 episodes of "The Lucy Show" are easily available through public domain DVDs (and even on the Internet!), but the prints aren't the greatest, to put it mildly.

I hope they can restore the first Lucy-Desi special, with Ann Sothern (the flashback to how Lucy and Ricky met) to its full 75-minute length. But I have a horrible feeling after it was cut to fit an hour time slot, they just threw away what was cut!

The hour specials were hugely popular in their time. In an old issue of Variety, I saw a list of the highest rated specials of the 1957-58 television season, and Numbers 1 through 5 were the five Lucy-Desi specials! Lucy and Desi blew everything else away. Yay!

brad_Y

Auditioning
Just moving this post back up to the TOP, so everyone can see it, and hopefully HELP with this situtation.

ChadP2k

Stunt Coordinator
I'm certain the full 75 minute Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour exists... I have a copy of it on an old VHS tape somewhere, I got it years ago. If I recall correctly it has the original opening & closing, but the commercials were taken out.

brad_Y

Auditioning
ChadP2K: Brad here. I have heard that The Lucy Desi Comedy Hours are going to be done after ILL Season 6. Email Gregg Oppenheimer, he MAY be interested in getting a copy of it......... [email protected]

Please let me know what he says...........

Thanks

Brad

ChadP2k

Stunt Coordinator
Brad,

I exchange e-mails with Gregg frequently, I'll ask him but this is just a low quality VHS Tape.. It wouldn't be of any use to him.

brad_Y

Auditioning
Hey Chad,

I email him too, You're right, he probably wont be able to use it, but I COULD, Could you make me a copy....

PLEEEZZZZZZZEEEEEEEE

ChadP2k

Stunt Coordinator
I honestly have no clue where it is... I might even have thrown the tape out, I've cleaned out a bunch of older stuff over time.

I'll dig around for it if I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks